Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Calendar 2020

Options
2»

Comments

Glossybox one landed here too. Now just the elusive lookfantastic one. Wonder where in the world it is today?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God that’s so bad of LF, £40 isn’t enough, I’d be onto them for a full refund. It’s an advent calendar and we’re a third of the way through! Shocking service. I’ve gotten nice stuff so far in it, but I’m not blown away and not sure it’s worth £85

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Hi I also got the forty pound credit but when I went to order there is nowhere at checkout to use it as payment just options for visa or MasterCard etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

bertsmom wrote: »
    Hi I also got the forty pound credit but when I went to order there is nowhere at checkout to use it as payment just options for visa or MasterCard etc.

Are you logged into your account first, I logged in and shopped and then at check out had option of using the 40 against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Pc7 thanks maby that was it. It was after my shift last night and I was just getting frustrated and left it till today. I'll try again tonight when I get home. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Not impressed with the quality of the actual calendar on the glossybox one. Starting to come apart in places already. I was hoping to keep it for storage. The birchbox is way sturdier but not much use for storage afterwards because if the design

I planned on doing up a Christmas box for my niece using the glossybox box. I just emptied all the boxes out and left them on the bed. I haven’t checked the sturdiness yet.

Still no sign of the LF calendar yet. It’s been in Wroclaw since 11th November!

I planned on doing up a Christmas box for my niece using the glossybox box. I just emptied all the boxes out and left them on the bed. I haven’t checked the sturdiness yet.

Still no sign of the LF calendar yet. It’s been in Wroclaw since 11th November!

Have you been onto them about that (I'm sure you have), I complained and then I got a new shipping/tracking detail that wasn't from Wroclaw and it arrived then. Absolutely shocking service!

I got a new tracking a few days after the original Wroclaw one. Then they sent me the Wroclaw one after I complained of delay with other one :D

I got a new tracking a few days after the original Wroclaw one. Then they sent me the Wroclaw one after I complained of delay with other one :D

Oh good god!! It must just be with their own advent calendar, I'd really push for a refund now, its crazy. The Elemis I ordered with the voucher has arrived already, I nearly fell over! :eek:

• Advertisement

LF keep apologizing for the delay in my latest order, that’s actually arrived days now!! They are all over the shop.

Did your calendar arrived Strawberry

Nope still no sign. It could very well be an issue with the couriers but LF need to be honest at this stage.

They’re constantly putting up posts about products as ideal Christmas gifts and it’s not going down well at all as their customer service are still ignoring people.

I’ve spent yesterday and today commenting on all their social media, tagging watchdog in and citing fraud.

This morning via Facebook messenger, they said that my order was in National hub and would be delivered shortly.

15 mins later someone on Instagram replied to my last post there asking for account details that were right about the message she had just typed. I said I’d had enough as was starting a chargeback. She was nice and said she’d stay on the chat until we got somewhere so I gave her account details again. She said she would escalate to customer complaints due to the length of time without order and they would reply back within 24 hours or so.
    I didn’t like the “or so” bit so I said I would go ahead with my chargeback and if a resolution happened I would cancel the chargeback.

Just got an email saying my advent calendar has been lost in post and I will have a refund in 3-5 working days. I’m still at the believe when I see it stage though.

God that’s absolutely brutal customer service, really sorry it didn’t arrive. Hope you get your refund soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Hi all, I am in the same boat as Strawberry. No sign at all of the advent calendar preordered three months ago now and we're halfway through Advent. I used the 17track tracking website and it says it has been in the national hub since the 30th November. I got the £40 pounds compensation on 03rd Dec, they stated that An Post had it and would deliver it in the next 3 to 6 days. I am still very annoyed about it. I paid on my credit card through PayPal and I opened a PayPal case yesterday. Hopefully it will still turn up and if not, I will be looking for my money back.

That' really sucks Aoife, on the plus Paypal are great for chargebacks and super quick. Awful, awful service from LF

aoife, just got an email off an post and mines in Athlone sorting depot. Double checked with the Hermes tracking info and that’s updated too so it’s definitely the calendar.

Check your tracking!

I wonder if lookfantastic have processed my refund yet :D

aoife, just got an email off an post and mines in Athlone sorting depot. Double checked with the Hermes tracking info and that’s updated too so it’s definitely the calendar.

Check your tracking!

I wonder if lookfantastic have processed my refund yet :D

A Christmas miracle! I got the same email, mine is in Portlaoise. Very relieved that it is on its way!

Mine’s out for delivery today, aoife!

Mine’s out for delivery today, aoife!

Wow, that was very quick. Mine is still in Portlaoise. I'm just glad it's in the country! I'd say check all the drawers when it arrives to make sure everything is there, I saw on Twitter people complaining of missing items

• Advertisement

I’m not at home but I believe my order is there. After an post emailed me and I had posted on this thread, I got an email from LF to tell me my order is on the way.

Then, at 11:30am, I had another email off LF saying my refund had now been processed their end. At 13:30, another LF email. This time telling me my order had been delivered.

Their auditors are gonna have some fun working out their 2020 sales accounts. They are refunding me on the original order which they changed to a different courier a few days later and the order number had R1 on the end of it (this was the Hermes tracking). This Hermes tracking was now showing on my account. Then at the beginning of December when it hadn’t arrived and I started contacting them, they reverted back to the original order number with the company in Wroclaw.

One customer service rep was telling me it would be here soon based on Hermes tracking but the other customer service rep escalated it based on the tracking as per my account. Their complaints dept issued a refund my account tracking but Hermes have delivered it on the other one! :D

My time chasing this and my auditor fees come to more than 70 quid so they can sing for it now :D

Absolutely! nice one Strawberry, but honestly you deserve no less after receiving an Advent Calendar 16 days into Advent!

Mine has been delivered! 17 days into Advent! I'm at work but will be checking that all the contents are there when I'm home. After all the grief I've had with LF, I won't be reordering next year even if this is the best calendar in the world! Still fighting with them on PayPal so if anything is missing, I will be looking for a refund.

On a positive note, I got the No7 Advent Calendar which I am really liking and the Holland and Barrett one, which I LOVE. Will definitely be repurchasing H&B in 2021! :D

Refund is in my account. With exchange rate difference the calendar has cost me 1.76. But I also got the £40 credit to my account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

aoife1991 wrote: »
    Mine has been delivered! 17 days into Advent! I'm at work but will be checking that all the contents are there when I'm home. After all the grief I've had with LF, I won't be reordering next year even if this is the best calendar in the world! Still fighting with them on PayPal so if anything is missing, I will be looking for a refund.

On a positive note, I got the No7 Advent Calendar which I am really liking and the Holland and Barrett one, which I LOVE. Will definitely be repurchasing H&B in 2021! :D

I love the H&B one too, got some great products so far and a lot of full size ones too! Will definitely get that again, and after reading the last few posts in this thread I guess it's probably for the best that I couldn't get the lookfantastic one..

miezekatze wrote: »
    I love the H&B one too, got some great products so far and a lot of full size ones too! Will definitely get that again, and after reading the last few posts in this thread I guess it's probably for the best that I couldn't get the lookfantastic one..

I think you dodged a bullet with LF tbh, all the items were there and there are some lovely brands but never ordering from them every again. My fave thing about the H&B one is the discount codes! I shop in H&B a good bit and I'll definitely be buying some of the products and the brands again. I've been singing its praises to everyone all month :) it was pretty reasonable too.

Has anyone seen any advent calendars or sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

aoife1991 wrote: »
    I think you dodged a bullet with LF tbh, all the items were there and there are some lovely brands but never ordering from them every again.

I bought a good bit of stuff from them pre Christmas with no issues. Had to unsubscribe from all the emails however as they were relentless!

Advertisement