Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enhanced illness benefit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rinleezz

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Please look at previous posts re this particular issue. In essence yes, you can claim enhanced illness benefit for days lost., you need some sort of confirmation of test being requested, self isolation request etc, either a text communication or Cert form your GP. Also take a look at guidelines on this benefit on the SW website.

Best & quickest way to apply is via mywelfare portal

Thanks and sorry, have not had my coffee yet.

I filed for the three days of work I lost and I emailed them screenshots of the test texts I got, which clearly show that I've had to self-isolate since Wednesday all the way to Friday. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

rinleezz wrote: »
    Thanks and sorry, have not had my coffee yet.

I filed for the three days of work I lost and I emailed them screenshots of the test texts I got, which clearly show that I've had to self-isolate since Wednesday all the way to Friday. Fingers crossed.

You'll be fine based on others experience, good luck :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

Got all sorted this week, thanks so much for the updates😀

mum37 wrote: »
    Got all sorted this week, thanks so much for the updates😀

Excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Phenom80

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Excellent :)

Quick question, I was out Tues, wed and Thurs last week and I applied for enhanced illness benefit. Got €200 sat morning in bank.It state's on the site that it's €350 a week, if you are absent for that reason for a week does it top up your wages or do you only get €350 that week and same if its two weeks €700?

• Advertisement

Phenom80 wrote: »
    Quick question, I was out Tues, wed and Thurs last week and I applied for enhanced illness benefit. Got €200 sat morning in bank.It state's on the site that it's €350 a week, if you are absent for that reason for a week does it top up your wages or do you only get €350 that week and same if its two weeks €700?

The payment has nothing to do with your wages as such, the original maximum payment for this benefit is €350 per week but that's assuming your on it for a defined period, 14 days & more etc.

Recently they included those who've lost a few days due to testing and GP advice to self isolate etc. So your likely getting a daily rate if this makes sense. This said I'm not sure how 3 days equated to €200 you got. It's still higher than normal sick benefit and indeed those on shorten hours claiming lost days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Missladycakes

Hi,

I know this thread is a tad old. Hubby applied for enhanced illness benefit online as was told to isolate for two weeks due to close contact. The Doctor confirmed medical certificate was sent electronically. He was to isolate from 23rd December, cert said from 26th Dec for two weeks. Still no payment but when he logged in it said payment 116.67 and not 350 and it was dated 02 Jan to 08 Jan.
    Googled it to death but can't find any reason why he got a reduced rate. Any ideas? He tried calling but no hope of getting a person online. Email was sent but they don't reply to that either.
    He is a school bus driver and now won't have any work until February. I'm disabled. Does he apply now for PUP or would that affect the chance of getting the 350 next week? If they made a payment to him relevant to the two weeks of isolating then I would know better but it doesn't correspond. I know you can't get both payments, which makes sense. It's so confusing.

APPLICATION DEC 29th
    AWARDED 116.67 DATED 02 JAN to 08 Jan (no actual payment received, found this info on mywelfare.ie)

Hi,

I know this thread is a tad old. Hubby applied for enhanced illness benefit online as was told to isolate for two weeks due to close contact. The Doctor confirmed medical certificate was sent electronically. He was to isolate from 23rd December, cert said from 26th Dec for two weeks. Still no payment but when he logged in it said payment 116.67 and not 350 and it was dated 02 Jan to 08 Jan.
    Googled it to death but can't find any reason why he got a reduced rate. Any ideas? He tried calling but no hope of getting a person online. Email was sent but they don't reply to that either.
    He is a school bus driver and now won't have any work until February. I'm disabled. Does he apply now for PUP or would that affect the chance of getting the 350 next week? If they made a payment to him relevant to the two weeks of isolating then I would know better but it doesn't correspond. I know you can't get both payments, which makes sense. It's so confusing.

APPLICATION DEC 29th
    AWARDED 116.67 DATED 02 JAN to 08 Jan (no actual payment received, found this info on mywelfare.ie)

Seems very odd, there's no reduced rate as such, at a guess they appear to have paid him for a few days rather than full week. Also the fact he now needs to claim PUP is going to complicate things as both benifits are not paid at the same time.

To be honest, I think he needs to call them, I believe he will get the €350 next week but he'll need to clarify first amount and why its not been received ( hopefully correct bank info was submitted) and secondly enquire if and when he can claim PUP, I believe it would be when enhanced illness benefit ends.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Definitely, correct bank information went in. It would seem unfair to wait until the second payment before applying for PUP as they got the dates incorrect and not my husband.
    He has called but no answer and the email went without a reply. As for the payment of a few days, I don't think so. As it still doesn't make sense the amount paid. It's a tough time as it is and this really isn't helping. Mortgage due Monday and we will be skint.
    Hopefully will know more next week but he will be applying for PUP come Monday as we can't afford any more delays.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Definitely, correct bank information went in. It would seem unfair to wait until the second payment before applying for PUP as they got the dates incorrect and not my husband.
    He has called but no answer and the email went without a reply. As for the payment of a few days, I don't think so. As it still doesn't make sense the amount paid. It's a tough time as it is and this really isn't helping. Mortgage due Monday and we will be skint.
    Hopefully will know more next week but he will be applying for PUP come Monday as we can't afford any more delays.

Yes, I hear you and its a very tough time. I've been on many pandemic related threads over the past year and I've never seen a part enhanced illness payment and whilst frustrating, hubby really needs to get in touch with SW to get clarification. Unfortunately the dates issue is a challenge as they seem to be going by dates doctor submitted rather than date advises to isolate, only an email or communication from GP might resolve this.

Re PUP, I'm just advising caution because you can't be on both and if your hubby puts an application in it may be declined. Your husband in a really complicated situation and this is why clarity needed before proceeding. I would at least wait until Tuesday to see if his illness benefit comes true. PUP if applied for ( and assuming approoved) on Tuesday /Wednesday will be included for payment the following Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Even if they went with Doctors dates which are fine, they are off a whole week. Docs letter is 26th December a Saturday. So technically the first payment would have been 29th to the 1st. Then 2nd to 8th would have been the second week.

It's annoying as I know so many people making money on PUP. One who worked PT went on PUP and received the full amount of 350. They then returned to work again PT, stayed on PUP. The second job closed down and they continued on PUP full amount. I dunno it just feels unfair at the minute.

Hi,

Even if they went with Doctors dates which are fine, they are off a whole week. Docs letter is 26th December a Saturday. So technically the first payment would have been 29th to the 1st. Then 2nd to 8th would have been the second week.

It's annoying as I know so many people making money on PUP. One who worked PT went on PUP and received the full amount of 350. They then returned to work again PT, stayed on PUP. The second job closed down and they continued on PUP full amount. I dunno it just feels unfair at the minute.

I agree, there's definitely an issue with dates but I'm sure this can be resolved.

I get your frustration re people taking the mick re PUP but I think it's very few, if the person you referred to was earning taxable income, their in for a shock, sooner than later as revenue share data with SW.

Hopefully your hubby will get sorted, just as a thought, if you had a way to contact your TD, they will contact department on hubby's behalf and speed up a resolution. Good luck either way

Advertisement