Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Where to dispose of old wood

  • 21-09-2020 8:34am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ dzilla


    Hi all I have a trailer of old wood after tearing down old wood ceiling and sheds etc. Where would be best value place to dispose of this ?


Comments

  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ nthclare


    dzilla wrote: »
    Hi all I have a trailer of old wood after tearing down old wood ceiling and sheds etc. Where would be best value place to dispose of this ?

    I'd get a chainsaw, cut it up bag it and store it in the shed for the winter.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭ scamalert


    id imagine wood would been treated with varnish stain paint, nails etc. so would be a bit useless in burning, place ad on FB market place someone will collect better then paying for a skip. if it cant be burnt


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,142 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78


    depending on the condition of the wood, deise mens shed might take it

    https://www.facebook.com/Deisemensshed/


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ dzilla


    Ok will try thank you all


  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭ sharingan


    While I wouldn't burn treated wood in a fireplace, I would burn it in an outdoor firepit or chimnea type thing, and any stove that doesnt back draft.

    Put up a FB marketplace post for free wood for projects/stove burning. Just qualify that it is treated ex-construction wood.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ dzilla


    nthclare wrote: »
    I'd get a chainsaw, cut it up bag it and store it in the shed for the winter.
    sharingan wrote: »
    While I wouldn't burn treated wood in a fireplace, I would burn it in an outdoor firepit or chimnea type thing, and any stove that doesnt back draft.

    Put up a FB marketplace post for free wood for projects/stove burning. Just qualify that it is treated ex-construction wood.


    Yes I cut it all up with a scorpion saw in the end, took absolute ages. Divided into wood for stove and then the wood that had nails in it or was treated i bagged it and will use in the chimenea next summer. thank you all.


Advertisement