Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

A pioneering woman and someone who will be rightfully remembered for her work, however she probably wasnt going to make it to 2025 anyway.

This should tip the balance of the supreme court now and allow America to re-establish its conservative views. Anyone know who the potentials are ?

And inb4 they get accused of sex assault like kavanaugh

You mean allow "conservatives" re-establish their views

• Registered Users Posts: 13,069 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Oh no, someone most people in Ireland has never heard of died.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh no, someone most people in Ireland has never heard of died.

Speak for yourself!! Anyone who paid any attention to US politics - which is most of us - knew exactly who she was!

Itts not like she was never us the news.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Says the lad who claimed that the Varadkar assault was ‘staged’.

Stay on topic or be reported. Did my opinion offend you? Welcome to the internet.

And that caanabis selling should have the death penalty!

Same to you. Argue the thread.

• Advertisement

Same to you. Argue the thread.

Calling it a **** show is not arguing the thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Stay on topic or be reported. Did my opinion offend you? Welcome to the internet.

You think I’m offended? No, just pointing out your ridiculous hypocrisy.

You contributed to the Varadkar thread being a ‘**** show’. Pot, meet kettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I know....but may be the idealist in me....but to me,a judge should be able to rule againest their own personal bias and not be swayed by emotions to uphold the law

Personal bias is not being swayed by emotion.

You can have differing opinions on a case and bring to bear ones massive legal experience, case knowledge.

RGB wasn't impartial, far from it. It can be argued that she was the least impartial Judge on the bench.

She applied her interpretation of the law, bringing her vast knowledge, her understanding and experience of it.

Would be good to see Trump get the appointment done and dusted before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Would be good to see Trump get the appointment done and dusted before the election.

For what reasons?

• Advertisement

One can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Absolutely...we need fewer pinko liberals on the supreme court and more old fashioned sensible conservatism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Reported for not staying on topic.

Can you report me as well please ... your posts are turning this thread into a ****show

Why? Who do you see him appointing and what do you think this person brings to the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Danzy wrote: »
    RGB wasn't impartial, far from it. It can be argued that she was the least impartial Judge on the bench.

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed," And then she breathed her last.

For what reasons?

To have the chance of a clear majority judgement if there are issues around the election.

Reduce political instability, have a functioning supreme court etc.

antix80 wrote: »
    "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed," And then she breathed her last.

That's nice.

A personal anecdote for her family and friends to remember.

Irrelevant to the operations of the Supreme Court and American governance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

To have the chance of a clear majority judgement if there are issues around the election.

The issue i see here is that if Trump loses he will claim issues about the election and his loaded SC will try to install him as president/dictator.

When has the SC not functioned?

I cringe when I read that. A darling of the liberals had the audacity to suggest how she should be replaced.

She will be deified now.

The issue i see here is that if Trump loses he will claim issues about the election and his loaded SC will try to install him as president/dictator.

When has the SC not functioned?

A 4/4 split doesn't guarantee clarity.

• Advertisement

I do think the SC deserves a bit more credit ... They will not act merely because Trump claims something .... I will even go as far that if you ask every member personally they want Trump out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Republicans had no issue with a vacant seat on the Supreme Court for 14 months after Scalia died in February 2016 and that was in an election year too.

No idea who he will seek to appoint.

We have seen that the Democrats will embrace any crazy idea, the marxist BLM movement being the latest. **** like CHOP/CHAZ and the riots and looting that have been going on for months in ‘liberal’ cities like Portland and Seattle with the support of the Democrat mayors/governors etc.

Having a stronger conservative majority will hopefully protect the country from these lunatics attempting to roll back fundamental stuff like property rights (for ‘reparations’) and gun ownership rights. Plus anything around the death penalty.

Pelezico wrote: »
    I cringe when I read that. A darling of the liberals had the audacity to suggest how she should be replaced.

She will be deified now.

You cringe easily it seems

She will be deified now.

Did she have the audacity to name her preferred successor?

weisses wrote: »
    You cringe easily it seems

Indeed...nothing more amusing than a bristling liberal.

Indeed...nothing more amusing than a bristling liberal.

So is it cringing or amusing ? Or can you do both at the same time ?

Did she have the audacity to name her preferred successor?

Thank goodness no. But she should have retired years ago. She kept the seat warm for what she hoped was another pinko liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Also on this

1) its not that I disbelieve she said it but it just seems an odd thing to say on your deathbed, family member with an agenda made it up perhaps ?

2) if she did say it, wow Donny T had some major free real estate in her mind, your last thought on this earth is about donald trump....

• Advertisement

Thank goodness no. But she should have retired years ago. She kept the seat warm for what she hoped was another pinko liberal.

Spite is a powerful motive.

Advertisement