Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam and DQS v Bora, battle for the Green, Stage 19

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

cunavalos wrote: »
    Well if Sean Kelly gets a town square and a sports centre named after him in Carrick on Suir, the local council will have to think long and hard about finding something adequate for Mørkøv (Maybe Sam could get something too):D

The Morkov GAA grounds, Sam can have a cul de sac in a new housing development a few ks out of town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

neris wrote: »
    The Morkov GAA grounds, Sam can have a cul de sac in a new housing development a few ks out of town

True, but with the Danish flag he will surely be a Carrick Davins man, Sam would never get a GAA pitch named after him anyway .... feckin Soccer family don't you know and apparently there is a rumour going around that he is actually British and will be nominated for BBC Sports Personality of the Year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

This was from a few days ago right after Sam nabbed the intermediate sprint points - again.

https://twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1306195566695788547?s=20

Mørkøv's blow of the cheeks at the end....:D

You kind of forget that it's not just Sam under pressure. One of the reasons it looks like he's taking the intermediates easily is because of the work Morkov has done seconds prior to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

You kind of forget that it's not just Sam under pressure. One of the reasons it looks like he's taking the intermediates easily is because of the work Morkov has done seconds prior to it.

That's why Morkovs getting a gaa ground ;)

• Advertisement

Sporza's article this evening.

526758.jpg

Dont listen to him Sam..............its a trick!!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

True, but with the Danish flag he will surely be a Carrick Davins man, Sam would never get a GAA pitch named after him anyway .... feckin Soccer family don't you know and apparently there is a rumour going around that he is actually British and will be nominated for BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Morkovs Mollerans has a ring to it.

Right side of the river to..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Tbh I thought that from an Irish perspective the finish to today's stage was a bit of an anticlimax. I fully.understand why it played out as it did but I couldn't help thinking that the green jersey was an inhibiting factor.

If sam was in the same position towards the end of the stage and nowhere near green he could have been in the shake up for the stage win if cards were played at the right time

Tbh I thought that from an Irish perspective the finish to today's stage was a bit of an anticlimax. I fully.understand why it played out as it did but I couldn't help thinking that the green jersey was an inhibiting factor.

If sam was in the same position towards the end of the stage and nowhere near green he could have been in the shake up for the stage win if cards were played at the right time

That's the difference between strategy and tactics. In his own words:“I had completely forgotten about the stage, those points had to go away, there’s such a gap between the first placings, and then it was just about trying to keep the lead,” he observed.

Of course it would have been different if he didnt have the green jersey on his back..............but he did. It was always likely that a breakaway would take today rather than a full bunch sprint. The GCN Racing News Editor Will Newton not only predicted this, he even picked Søren Kragh Anderson to win it just as he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I think Trentin is happy with a podium in Paris - he hasn't really made any major effort to get past Sagan let alone Sam. I'm surprised that Sagan didn't try to let Trentin go and make Sam chase him.

Do they do podium for green, white and polka dot? Thought only yellow had a top 3 podium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    This was from a few days ago right after Sam nabbed the intermediate sprint points - again.

https://twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1306195566695788547?s=20

Mørkøv's blow of the cheeks at the end....:D

I've got an almost unused replica of that bike (Quickstep Wolfpack colours but unfortunately it is a Specialized Allez - going up for sale when he wins green on Sunday to fund my new gravel bike. Unfortunately not in Ireland to capitalise on it though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Sivakov not a fan of his rim brakes, (May need headphones for this one) https://streamable.com/e/k1ot69

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Remi Cavagna is a fan of Sam though

https://www.letour.fr/en/news/2020/remi-cavagna-i-enjoy-riding-for-sam-bennett/1291090

“ Our goal for the end of this Tour is to retain the green jersey with Sam Bennett and I think we’re on the right track. He’s a great guy and I enjoy riding for him.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Sivakov not a fan of his rim brakes, (May need headphones for this one) https://streamable.com/e/k1ot69

Isn’t it great that the first thing people can say correctly in a different language is how to curse.

Advertisement