Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBox Game Pass Cloud Streaming

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

I thought I would be able to play this on my Amazon fire tablet once i did abit messing with it and installed google play store on it but won't download any Xbox apps off it or install apk version so looks like I'm going have buy a tablet if I want to do it !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

brady12 wrote: »
    I thought I would be able to play this on my Amazon fire tablet once i did abit messing with it and installed google play store on it but won't download any Xbox apps off it or install apk version so looks like I'm going have buy a tablet if I want to do it !

Works fine for me on my Fire 8 tablet, using the Xbox game pass app and an Xbox wireless controller :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Works fine for me on my Fire 8 tablet, using the Xbox game pass app and an Xbox wireless controller :)

What App Store you download Xbox app from ?

marcbrophy wrote: »

What generation is your tablet ? Mine 7th gen and from google searches that's too old 😾

What App Store you download Xbox app from ?

Google Play Store which I loaded using Fire Toolbox
    What generation is your tablet ? Mine 7th gen and from google searches that's too old ��

I hope that's not true! Have you tried the fire toolbox? Great piece of software for getting the most out of those Amazon tablets :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Having an annoying problem with my saves not syncing. I'll be playing something on the console, save and close down the game, but it just seems to take ages to catch up when I try play something on the cloud. Like for the next hour it'll still be showing old saves. Any way to manually sync things? I can't find any option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmm. That's very odd. How's your internet connection?

Anyway, first step is always a hard restart. While it's on, hold down the power button for ten seconds. It'll go through the long start up process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

My internet is very good, have 500mb Virgin and I get very good speeds. Just tried it again this morning and it's always like one session behind if that makes sense, played for an hour this morning on the console but not reflected on cloud gaming. I'll try restart the console to see if it triggers a sync.

I'm in the alpha ring on my Series X and got to try out the on console cloud streaming tonight!

It's damn near perfect! I might not bother with large game installs again, unless I play on playing them full time or really miss the 4K.

And having to play the games for the rewards points will be a breeze, without wasting download time.

I've already been playing a lot on the PC in the browser too, so this is another handy option, that's much welcomed 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It will be great for those games you just want to try out. Rather than waiting hours to download (and often losing interest while you wait) you can play right away....and then lose interest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Just tried it there using the Edge browser on my Series S. Works 😁. Tells me my browser isnt compatible but kept going and not a bother. Just fired up back for blood for a few mins to see if it worked so didnt spend enough time to have an opinion on lag etc. Initial impression was very good anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'd assume that the built in version is much the same, but it's got way less steps. It's very handy being able to look at the game in the store, skip pass the install button and just start playing. I started playing Dirt 5, and didn't notice lag at all. I'm hardwired into my router though, so that's kind of optimal conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Any signs of it coming to Android TV ? I have the new Chromecast and it's perfect for Stadia but not so good for game pass. Hopefully the official release won't be far away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Having cloud gaming on all xbox consoles is a game changer. Being able to jump into game pass and try a handful of games without needing to download first will make me try games that I probably wouldn't have bothered before. Play a few test the waters and if there is something that I am really enjoying I will download. Microsoft are killing it at the moment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I could be wrong but I think you can play it on there through a web browser at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Seriously, I can't believe how handy it is - I've been able to try out so many games that I wouldn't have normally bothered. But, because I can just click in and give it a go with no waiting. I still didn't download some of them, not my thing, but it's much more than I would have before - no download, no space management, minimal fuss (better than browser experience, in my opinion).

Post edited by Fingleberries on

Advertisement