Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know if an Eir D2000 can work as a wireless repeater?

Options
  • 15-09-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Just got fibre in the house, works grand in all but two rooms due to thick walls, where the 300mbs wifi drops to 10. My current plan is to take an old D2000 Eir router we have and wirelessly connect it to the main modem, and essentially have it rebroadcast the signal to bounce it through the doorways of those two rooms.

Afaik Eir doesn't officially endorse this, but does anyone know if it is possible to do this with that modem model? Cables aren't really ideal as it would necessitate trailing ethernet cables through doorways.

Or if this isn't possible, is there anything I can order off Amazon that will do what I'm looking for?

Advertisement