Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beakerjoe vs The Walrus - THE REVEAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sorry, delayed there with Workie.

In at 10th spot with 10 points is....

Ozzy Sabbath - Crazy Train - submitted by
    Mustang Shelly

Have I listened to this artist before? Yes
    Have I listened to this song before? Yes

The opening intro is an iconic solo, what a riff right. Love the sound as it kicks it and Ozzy’s vocals are well suited to this high energy track. If you love a good guitar riff, you won’t go wrong here. It is a classic track and hard to hate.

How is it only 10th...... the feckin high quality of tracks. The track which was bottom could easily be here. Loved all the songs. This gets middle of the road in a great pack.

In at 11th spot with 9 points is....

Eddie Money - 2 Tickets to Paradise , submitted by
    Rikand

Another track introduced to me by Homer Simpson. And just like Homer says, “excellent guitarer”.

A fun track, easy to sing along to and a kick ass solo. Nothing to hate and lots to enjoy. Pushed down by no fault of its own, just suffered from better tracks. Its a great feel good track and I challenge anyone who claims it sucks.

In at 9th spot and collecting 11 points is....

Royal Blood - Figure it out , submitted by
    Gru

TUNE! A great riff, it drags you in and compels you to listen. I think this song would be a perfect intro track to the Snooker. Its a top track that deserves a high place and while its awesome, it again drops lower due to the ones above it. Just listen and enjoy! Tune.

12th place and 8 points goes to........

Ugly Kid Joe - So Damn Cool - submitted by
    Kolido,

Have I listened to this song before? No

Are you trying to tell me that my looks are less than desirable and yet you find me the second coming of Arthur Fonzarelli with this selection?

A nice intro and I like the sound of this already. Not too familiar with the artist, but I like the vocals and the song is very pleasing to my ears. A cool chorus (no pun intended) and I must say Its hard not to rock to this. Good choice and I must check out more UKJ. Any other round and it would place higher.

12 points goes to the one at 8th place......

AC/DC - Let there be rock, submitted by
    the purple tin

Now this is belter of an AC/DC track. Love backing beat, it builds nicely throughout the track and gets you rocking when it kicks in. A tremendous track. If this doesn’t have you air guitaring, nothing will. Good choice. Love it!

• Advertisement

13th spot and 7 points goes toooooooooo

Television - Marquee Moon leave you submitted by
    Osh.

Have I listened to this artist before? No

Yay new music. A nice intro with an enjoyable riff. Nice vocals and the song springs to live with the change up after the first versus. A lovely track, a fun journey instrumentally and the vocals really compliment it. Can’t fault it and only places here due to the high quality this round. A lovely track

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Osh... you're not my mum on boards are you?!
    One of her favourite songs! :pac:

BJ - that entire album is very good if you wanted more

7th spot and 13 points goes to.....

Linkin Park - One Step Closer submitted by
    Also Starring Le Var Burton

Have I listened to this artist before? yes
    Have I listened to this song before? yes

Big fan of this track. As a kid who never never thought he would like anything metal, this song made me appreciate heavy guitars and bridged a gap for me, like a gateway drug to Metalica and Iron Madien.

Its full of anger and aggression, and the guitars capture it perfectly. A really good track that I will always enjoy.

beakerjoe wrote: »

I've never seen that video before - bleached blonde Chester :eek:

I've never seen that video before - bleached blonde Chester :eek:

Chester Classic if you will.

• Advertisement

14th spot and 6 points goes to....

Deftones - My Own Summer - submitted by
    Arghus

A great track and not much between this song and the song in 7th place. I love slow heavy intro and the vocals mesh well with the sound. Its got a real 90’s feel to it and it would suit the end credits of a movie like Seven or Fight Club. Must check out more Deftones. Great baseline and the distortion effects only add to it. Nice choice indeed. It was all very tight here and this track could easily place higher on another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In at 11th spot with 9 points is....

Eddie Money - 2 Tickets to Paradise , submitted by
    Rikand

Another track introduced to me by Homer Simpson. And just like Homer says, “excellent guitarer”.

A fun track, easy to sing along to and a kick ass solo. Nothing to hate and lots to enjoy. Pushed down by no fault of its own, just suffered from better tracks. Its a great feel good track and I challenge anyone who claims it sucks.

Simpsons, is there anything they cant do ?

Ever see the episode where Otto moves in with the Simpsons ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Big fan of this track. As a kid who never never thought he would like anything metal, this song made me appreciate heavy guitars and bridged a gap for me, like a gateway drug to Metalica and Iron Madien.

Its full of anger and aggression, and the guitars capture it perfectly. A really good track that I will always enjoy.

20 years ago, yesterday, was the relase of Hybrid Theory, so glad to see this got a decent ranking here.

Same as yourself, at age 13, Linkin Park were the gateway band that led me away from the '90s pop stuff I was most used to, to rockier and heavier stuff.

Rikand wrote: »
    Simpsons, is there anything they cant do ?

Ever see the episode where Otto moves in with the Simpsons ? :)

I did mention it in my write up of Freebird. Never knew it at the time and until this game it was my only brush with the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I did mention it in my write up of Freebird. Never knew it at the time and until this game it was my only brush with the band.

Youre right, you did. I missed that bit. I shall now vacate from this point in shame :o

And the Freebird talk Segway's nicely to.,.... 6th spot and 14 points for..

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird, submitted by
    SAWDUCK

Have I listened to this song before? yes (well not before this Walrus)

Shane U and Sawduck select the same track, albeit in different rounds.

I won't repeat myself, you know my thoughts. The only reason it places differently is that it's up against different tracks. Great song.

15th spot and 5 points goes to

Skid Row - I remember you - , submitted by
    JohnGreenFan

This sounds familiar, I love the soft rock kick it has as it reaches the bridge and the chorus is fantastic. I’m not aware of Skid Row, but they remind me of The Scorpions. A very nice track, maybe a slightly unspectacular but it's hard not to air guitar to this solo. A fine choice and one that perhaps doesn't deserve its low position as I really enjoyed it. Will check out more Row.

15 points are collected by the person in 5th spot....which is.....

AC/DC - Back in Black - submitted by
    JP Liz V1

A great track, a TUNE if you will, and one that is certainly well known. Despite being perhaps guilty of over playing but one that never gets “next’d” on my playlist. It’s hard no to feel bad ass when listening to this and the sound is iconic, and the lyrics are awesome. Great riff, memorable solo and overall just so damn good.

16th spot and points to......

Marion - Fallen Through by
    Electric Nitwit

Great intro, full of power and energy straight away. The vocals blend very well as we hit the first verse and big Muse vibes from this one. Doesn't deserve to place so low. Its a great track and its placing does not reflect my enjoyment of it. A good track.

16th spot and points to......

Marion - Fallen Through by
    Electric Nitwit

Doesn't deserve to place so low. Its a great track and its placing does not reflect my enjoyment of it
    Who placed it there then?! It's your walrus, move it up! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Some craic, the unexpectedly lovely weather saw me head out for a cycle and I come back so energised to enjoy this fantastic selection of absolute belters.

The neighbours probably think we're heading a party with the noise :D I hope they're as jealous as I am when they have parties!

4th spot and 16 points goes to

Metallica - For whom the bell tolls - , submitted by
    Fixxxer

This is one of my fav Metallica tracks. The goong is iconic, and the intro is just awesome, then it kicks you in the face with it kicks in, in a good way. Fixxxer how can you like your previous entry and like this? You have redeemed yourself here.

A great track. Hard to not rank it high. Loved it ever since I first herald it and never gets old. Classic stuff. Well done Fixxy

So 6 places left and the final six are....

Necro
    S!ippy
    Reberretta
    PhatKev
    ShaneU
    Irish Aris

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

s1ippy wrote: »
    Some craic, the unexpectedly lovely weather saw me head out for a cycle and I come back so energised to enjoy this fantastic selection of absolute belters.

The neighbours probably think we're heading a party with the noise :D I hope they're as jealous as I am when they have parties!
    I was air-guitaring so hard I broke an air-string :D

17th spot and picking up 3 points is......

The Strokes - Reptilla, submitted by
    ShaneU,

A great track, brings me back to Whelans just as Hounds of Love did previously.

But I like this track more, its a great sound that you cant help grooving to. Great choice Shane. It suffers from the fact all songs above it are just as good if not better, but a great track IMO.

17 points goes to the person in 3rd place......which is.....

Metallica - Aint my Bitch, submitted by
    Reberetta.

Another bitch my Reb here. I see a pattern developing.

A cracking track, high energy Metallica and one of their best tracks. Its a ****ing great track and its rip roaringly good. I’ve always loved the vocals of James and this is track is no different. Good stuff. Well deserving of 3rd place.

In at 18th spot, collecting 2 points is

AC/DC - For those about to rock (We salute you) submitted by
    Irish Aris

Not one of my fav AC/DC tracks, they are a band I love but I always feel this song is lacking. That said, its still AC/DC and while its not as high octane as other tracks, this is still very good. The intro is very enjoyable and always reminds me of Terminator 2 when he walks into the bar (though its not in the movie, its just a track I imagine Arnie entering to in that scene.)

2nd place and 18 points goes to.....

Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone submitted by
    Necro

Mna this track is never aged for me, it's a blockbuster thrill rise of energy. It's just an amazing track, it gets you pumped instantly from the short intro and has you ready for war. Loggins best track IMO and it's simply awesome.

I shall fight anyone who thinks it should place lower. Well done Necro. Back in my good books.

Is this a safe space? Am I allowed to say I've never got Top Gun? Not the film, not the music, nothing... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,358 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Is this a safe space? Am I allowed to say I've never got Top Gun? Not the film, not the music, nothing... :o

No, this is not a safe space for that type of blasphemy.

I'm devastated that Top Gun 2 has been delayed again, was really looking forward to it.

Advertisement