Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Price Changes 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Wilson going up is ridiculous given the Coivid outbreak.

What is real ridiculous is Jota gaining 0.5m in value in last 2/3 weeks when not actually even producing a double digit score. and sitting on d bench last night.

THankfully i avoided that bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

What is real ridiculous is Jota gaining 0.5m in value in last 2/3 weeks when not actually even producing a double digit score. and sitting on d bench last night.

THankfully i avoided that bandwagon

Or to put it another way, he has scored 38 pts in the last 6 weeks, has had his rest and is facing Fulham! At 6.5 he was and is a redicolously cheap way into the Liverpool team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Or to put it another way, he has scored 38 pts in the last 6 weeks, has had his rest and is facing Fulham! At 6.5 he was and is a redicolously cheap way into the Liverpool team.

Yea all 4 Liverpool attackers have been rested recently now so I wouldn't read too much into that benching. His hattrick away to Napoli fueled some of those raises too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is 19 points in 3 games not a very good return? For a mid priced midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pogue eile wrote: »

I wouldn’t really call yesterday a rest. Klopp’s preferred formation has been with 3 in the middle and when they play that he would be the odd one out behind Salah, Mane and Firmino.

However, given that there’ll probably still be games where Klopp plays the 4-2-3-1, and the fact that Salah, Mane and Firmino all will likely get a rest over the Christmas, he should still see a decent amount of minutes.

Although, I’d say the odds are not in favour of him starting against Fulham. He will surely play in Denmark and Klopp can afford to leave all of Salah, Mane, Firmino at home since it’s a dead rubber and they played a Sunday night game.

So you’d think Jota only starts if Klopp reverts to 4-2-3-1, which he probably won’t, given they just won 4-0 playing this system last night. Trent being back probably makes 4-2-3-1 less likely now also since they can now play basically the exactly same system as they did last year with him being much more effective up that right hand side than Williams, Milner or whoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    I wouldn’t really call yesterday a rest. Klopp’s preferred formation has been with 3 in the middle and when they play that he would be the odd one out behind Salah, Mane and Firmino.

However, given that there’ll probably still be games where Klopp plays the 4-2-3-1, and the fact that Salah, Mane and Firmino all will likely get a rest over the Christmas, he should still see a decent amount of minutes.

Although, I’d say the odds are not in favour of him starting against Fulham. He will surely play in Denmark and Klopp can afford to leave all of Salah, Mane, Firmino at home since it’s a dead rubber and they played a Sunday night game.

So you’d think Jota only starts if Klopp reverts to 4-2-3-1, which he probably won’t, given they just won 4-0 playing this system last night. Trent being back probably makes 4-2-3-1 less likely now also since they can now play basically the exactly same system as they did last year with him being much more effective up that right hand side than Williams, Milner or whoever.

I'm going to get in Jota. I think he starts 2 of the next 3. I'd fancy him to start against Fulham and palace and be benched for the spurs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,466 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yea all 4 Liverpool attackers have been rested recently now so I wouldn't read too much into that benching. His hattrick away to Napoli fueled some of those raises too.

Klopp said he was benched because it was v Wolves and he knew it could be a distraction for him, which was why he did not start.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I'm going to get in Jota. I think he starts 2 of the next 3. I'd fancy him to start against Fulham and palace and be benched for the spurs game.
    What makes you think he will start Fulham? You think Klopp will change formation from last night or you think he will rest one of the lads? I think the latter option seems less likely since he can just rest them during the week and play Jota then.

I can't see any strong case for sending Salah, Mane or Firmino over to Denmark. I think 3 (or maybe 4) from Jota, Origi, Minamino and Shaqiri. They're all fit right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What makes you think he will start Fulham? You think Klopp will change formation from last night or you think he will rest one of the lads? I think the latter option seems less likely since he can just rest them during the week and play Jota then.

I can't see any strong case for sending Salah, Mane or Firmino over to Denmark. I think 3 (or maybe 4) from Jota, Origi, Minamino and Shaqiri. They're all fit right?

Spurs the Wednesday after, can 100% see 1/2 of them being rested

Spurs the Wednesday after, can 100% see 1/2 of them being rested

I don’t really see it that way. If all 3 of them are rested during the week, it would seem strange to me to rest them for a full 10 days before the Spurs game. I think Wednesdays rest would be enough.

Now if he does start someone on Wednesday, I might start to develop different opinions about them starting on Sunday alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I don’t really see it that way. If all 3 of them are rested during the week, it would seem strange to me to rest them for a full 10 days before the Spurs game. I think Wednesdays rest would be enough.

Now if he does start someone on Wednesday, I might start to develop different opinions about them starting on Sunday alright.

I dont like saying it as I own Jota but I think CSF might be right. I might save my transfer this week to see if Jota starts vs Fulham, if not I might join the Wilson bandwagon to raise funds and then do Jota to Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It depends what block of three you are looking at.

Fulham, Spurs, Palace in a week.

Fulham at home is where you give Mane 30 minutes

Also Jones has now started the last 3 (if not 5) and needs a rest, wouldnt surprise me if we see all 4 vs Fulham

It depends what block of three you are looking at.

Fulham, Spurs, Palace in a week.

Fulham at home is where you give Mane 30 minutes

Also Jones has now started the last 3 (if not 5) and needs a rest, wouldnt surprise me if we see all 4 vs Fulham
    Well Palace is a more likely game to see some rest than Fulham because it comes directly after a very physical intensive game rather than what will probably be a week off.

4 up top is definitely a possibility vs Fulham but it’s also possible that even if Jones does get the rest, it’s Keita that comes in and they play the same system.

I think Jota has a decent shout for a start on Sunday for sure, because there’s lots of variables that could go his way, but I still think it’s more than 50% likely that after a week off, Klopp fields his first choice lineup on Sunday which I believe doesn’t include Jota.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Getty-Images-837188378.jpg

Up:

Zaha (£7.4M)
    Salah (£12.3M)
    Reguilón (£5.7M)

1901845-e1589371085390.jpg

Down :

McCarthy (£4.4M)
    Brownhill (£4.9M)
    Rodák (£4.3M)
    Stevens (£5.1M)
    Gazzaniga (£4.3M)
    Fernandes (£4.7M)
    Wickham (£4.4M)

2019090144955923.jpg

Up:

Zouma (£5.7M)
    James (£5.3M)
    Son (£9.6M)

2019090144955923.jpg

Down :

Arrizabalaga (£4.7M)
    Adrián (£4.3M)
    Basham (£4.7M)
    Ampadu (£4.3M)
    Guilbert (£4.3M)
    Lamela (£5.7M)
    Hegazi (£4.1M)

I dont like saying it as I own Jota but I think CSF might be right. I might save my transfer this week to see if Jota starts vs Fulham, if not I might join the Wilson bandwagon to raise funds and then do Jota to Son.
    Salah starting tonight means I've to change my mind on this. I reckon Salah is getting rested on Sunday now so I can see Jota starting and being benched against Spurs.

I wouldn't have enough faith in that belief to transfer Jota to actually bring him in, but its good news for those who already own him IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,466 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Salah starting tonight means I've to change my mind on this. I reckon Salah is getting rested on Sunday now so I can see Jota starting and being benched against Spurs.

I wouldn't have enough faith in that belief to transfer Jota to actually bring him in, but its good news for those who already own him IMO.

Salah might just get 60/70 mins tonight though?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭eggy81

Salah will start all 3 of the games I reckon. Very rare you see him rested. He gets taken off if games are won or if he’s particularly bad during a busy spell. I’d doubt he takes missing a game well.

Salah might just get 60/70 mins tonight though?

Wouldn’t that still worry you a little for 5 games in 13 days?

It might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that Salah has got his rest over the international break and the game he missed due to COVID/recovery.

He played on 8th November for Liverpool v Man City

then 16/17 days 'rest'

Eased backed in the next 2 Liverpool games.

25/11: 60 mins v Atalanta

28/11: 63 mins v Brighton ( and went off fuming)

I'm hopeful/convinced myself that he'll play this weekend and will be captaining him unless there's solid news that he'll miss out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Up:
    Bamford

Down:
    Semedo
    Jiménez
    Jorginho

Up:

Neto (£5.7M)

Down:

Jesus (£9.3M)
    Baldock (£5.1M)
    Livermore (£4.7M)
    Cavani (£8.0M)
    Jordao (£4.3M)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up:

0c555df3d0c67de1b7c97f8aa3f34a87.png

Ings (8.4m)
    Walker-Peters (4.7m)
    Vestergaard (4.9m)
    Bednarek (4.6m)

Grealish (7.8m)
    Soucek (5.0m)
    Bowen (6.4m)
    Lloris (5.6m)
    N. Williams (4.0m)

Down:

b0ff2db887ed338d371b88850762c602.png

f888db1f3ef0c8d250fc94da8a2197c1.png

4278c195a566f25add8cce279d0b0863.png

Fredericks (4.2m)
    Calvert-Lewin (7.9m)
    Ziyech (8.1m)
    Maupay (6.1m)
    Traoré (6.1m)
    Davies (TOT) (4.6m)
    Guaita (4.9m)
    Costa (5.3m)
    De Gea (5.3m)
    Maitland-Niles (4.6m)
    Hart (4.3m)
    Vydra (4.8m)
    McGoldrick (5.2m)
    Davies (EVE) (5.2m)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

You should be presenting Catchphrase - great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I looked at that Ings one for about 2hrs last night and nothing.

A quick glance this morn and the penny dropped right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I looked at that Ings one for about 2hrs last night and nothing.

A quick glance this morn and the penny dropped right away.

I started trying to remember their first names until the penny dropped.

Up
    ----

aaadefrf.jpg
    Down:

Barnes (£6.8M)
    Batshuayi (£5.7M)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Up:
    Zaha
    Ward-Prowse

Down: