Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Havertz will look better when Pulisic and Ziyech come in. Chelsea today were pretty predictable.

Trossard, Lamptey and James impressed me the most.

All done on 76. Happy enough with the score. Would love to change half the team all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

https://twitter.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1305613975967674368?s=19

This explains it I guess, hopefully when Ziyech and Pulisic are back hell be given more freedom.

How will introducing 2 attacking players push him further up the pitch though? He didn't have any preseason games so I wouldn't be too harsh on him but I would be worried about were Lampard is gonna play him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

84, not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Dearg81 wrote: »
    How will introducing 2 attacking players push him further up the pitch though? He didn't have any preseason games so I wouldn't be too harsh on him but I would be worried about were Lampard is gonna play him.

I reckon he will be no. 10 behind a front 3 of Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, with Kante/Kovacic centre midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »

I assumed he was being played out of position on the wing because Ziyech was unavailable to play. We'll know more from the Liverpool game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

37. Nightmarish start, mainly due to going for Mane over Salah and having only 1 defender who played (TAA).

Wildcard played already, and if nothing else, my team will at least have nailed-on starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

32. Nightmarish start, mainly due to going for Mane over Salah and having only 1 defender who played (TAA).

Wildcard played already, and if nothing else, my team will at least have nailed-on starters.
    What's your team? I'd hold off if at all possible at least until the transfer window is over and things become clearer

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'd hold off if at all possible at least until the transfer window is over and things become clearer

Wildcard played*

Think it's too late

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

68....feels a bit meh tbh given that I had Salah captain.

My greatest achievement so far this season has been introducing "JamRod" into the lexicon on here....really proud to see it gaining traction across the various threads

What's your team? I'd hold off if at all possible at least until the transfer window is over and things become clearer

Salisu, Vinagre, Saka, Douglas all didn't play, and Holgate injured till November. So no matter what, I'd have to make more than one transfer.

Have given myself an extra .5 to play around with too, which I hope will supplement an upgrade somewhere if needed.

Ryan McCarthy (no change)
    TAA Laporte* Taylor* KWP* Mitchell* (*replace Salisu, Douglas, Vinagre, Holgate)
    Auba Son Fernandes* Bissouma Podence* (*replace Mane and Saka)
    Werner, DCL, Nketiah* (*replaces Mitrovic).

• Advertisement

Salisu, Vinagre, Saka, Douglas all didn't play, and Holgate injured till November. So no matter what, I'd have to make more than one transfer.

Have given myself an extra .5 to play around with too, which I hope will supplement an upgrade somewhere if needed.

TAA Laporte* Taylor* KWP* Mitchell* (*replace Salisu, Douglas, Vinagre, Holgate)

Nketiah didn't start. Lacazette started centre forward and scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

78. Reasonably pleased with that. Feels good to get a big score on a week with four teams not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A 69 to start the season. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

79, nice start. Can't assess the issues with the team with one gw of data, so will sit tight on transfers this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

A 69 to start the season. Nice

What score did you get tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Podence started tonight but not sure he'd be the best option going forward in terms of rotation I may be wrong.

Brave no Salah or KDB imo. And DCL wasn't dangerous by all accounts and Nketiah didn't start.

Mitchell will prob lose his spot soon

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

42. I’m not feeling the same panic as the other low performers though. I’ve Bruno and Charlie Taylor to come off the bench and I fancy Trent, Robertson, Doherty, Rodriguez and Mitrovic to do better in coming weeks than how GW1 went.

Vinagre is the one I need rid of but Pereira, Saint Maximin and Werner did not meet the eye test either so I’ll need to see more from them in the coming weeks to not move them on also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Werner hobbling around with an ice pack on his thigh post match.

Said he should be ok for next weekend though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭eggy81

47 start with mo but not as captain. I've already swapped out son for willian and I have no manc players either. Its a pity Chelsea and Liverpool play each other next week as I'm heavily invested in both teams. Double Liverpool defence and pulisic and Warner for Chelsea. Think ill hold off taking a hit anyway and hope for a goal fest between them with multiple goals and assists for taa Robertson and Werner pulisic salah. Take stock after that pool arsenal game in couple of weeks. See how the manc teams start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

79 with Mitchell 6 to come in for Vinagre so 85. Brought Fernandes in for Son. Hope De Bruyne doesn't rise . Aubamayang to him next week

• Advertisement

Podence started tonight but not sure he'd be the best option going forward in terms of rotation I may be wrong.

Brave no Salah or KDB imo. And DCL wasn't dangerous by all accounts and Nketiah didn't start.

Mitchell will prob lose his spot soon

The plan is to transfer Salah or KDB for Auba, depending on favourable fixture. WHU looks handy for Arsenal this weekend.

Mitchell is merely my fifth choice def, and Nketieh a place-holder for now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    42. I’m not feeling the same panic as the other low performers though. I’ve Bruno and Charlie Taylor to come off the bench and I fancy Trent, Robertson, Doherty, Rodriguez and Mitrovic to do better in coming weeks than how GW1 went.

Vinagre is the one I need rid of but Pereira, Saint Maximin and Werner did not meet the eye test either so I’ll need to see more from them in the coming weeks to not move them on also.

Thought Werner met the eye test ok. Chelsea as a team were disjointed going forward, with Havertz completely invisible, and Brighton were very good defensively.

I'd hope Chelsea's midfield would gel sooner rather than later and create more chances for Werner. He looked sharp enough i thought, hes very very quick, and made some good runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

FHFC wrote: »
    Thought Werner met the eye test ok. Chelsea as a team were disjointed going forward, with Havertz completely invisible, and Brighton were very good defensively.

I'd hope Chelsea's midfield would gel sooner rather than later and create more chances for Werner. He looked sharp enough i thought, hes very very quick, and made some good runs.

I think if Pulisic was playing that's a different game he would have opened up so much space for Werner

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »

Checked the xG and xA just to see if there was stuff I hadn't picked up on with my own eyes. 0.42 xG and 0.02 xA, which is actually worse expected goal involvement than Kane's. There will need to be better days ahead IMO for a lad at 9.5 who isn't on pens when Jorginho plays.

Chap clearly has ability but to justify his price we will need to hope that he can find many more meaningful touches inside the box when Pulisic and Ziyech come in, and Havertz looks a bit more like a Premier League footballer.

9 of that Chelsea team were there last year, I know they signed a load of players but its a slight worry from an fpl perspective they looked poor enough with even more new players to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

54 points for a rank of 2.2 million.

I wasn't able to devote as much time to setting up my initial team as I would have liked. A bad start but obviously not going to panic yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Havertz always struck me as a player who might have a prolonged bedding in period. Get him later in the season far cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

69 with no Mo delighted with that. Now just another 37 weeks of a 900k GW rank and it will have been an awesome season!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

82 delighted with that. Will probably take a hit as a couple of issues with my team and my good score is massively inflated by salah captain and Reece James.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

74 with Salah as captain. Transferred Ings out for Martial, will probably look at Auba for KDB in the next 2 / 3 weeks.

Advertisement