Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing text onto a pre printed poster

Options
  • 11-09-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a poster created and printed which contains a lot of graphics, it has a few text boxes where I manually enter the winners of a race.

I would like to print the text onto the poster instead of writing it, however I don't want to be printing the graphics everytime I print the results. I just have a black and white printer. Ideally I would like to feed my printer the poster with the graphics already printed.

What software should i use for entering the race results, that will allow me to align the text with the spaces on the poster ? I have a pdf copy of the poster.

Comments

Most 'standard' work processing packages have the ability to print at precisde locations on a page. Certainly MS Word can and if you don't have that then the freeware OpenOffice does

Am assuming it's a common, standard paper size and not something like a billboard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

if its standard a4 or a3, then you need to design up a template that would outline where your text area is on the poster. You'd just enter your text into that area and print, using the poster as the paper. You would have to ensure you print on the right side of the paper and that its the correct way up to correspond with your template.

Professionals use software like quark xpress etc, but you can use something like word or libre office. Get out a ruler and measure from all sides of the poster to the confines of your text area. Then in your word processing software, do the same thing to make your template, showing where your text box on the poster would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thebackbar wrote: »
    I have a pdf copy of the poster.

import the pdf into word at the same size the printed version is, and then make a text box in the area where the imported PDF marks where the text should be. delete the imported PDF and you have your template. Centre your text, type in the box and print. Use the posters for paper and make sure they are the right way round and the right way up. you can find tune the positioning of the text by moving the text box

Advertisement