Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lynch. What is you opinion of him?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Seems a grand lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I though he was dead right when he told Ryan Turbidy enough is enough with the ancient clip of Boyzone's first outing so as to ridicule the members over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

hynesie08 wrote: »
    His dad's a mechanic, lad's probably been around cars since before he could see over the dashboard.

He's travelled the world, made his money and seems happy these days.

Fair ****s to him.

This! I knew his family growing up and he was always around cars. He knows a hell of a lot about them to answer the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I like him. He seems affable enough on any tv shows I've seen him on. He did well on masterchef a few years ago, himself and Brian Capron (Richard Hillman, murdery lad off corrie) were great.

That single he released with Keith Duffy, a mash-up of Belouis Some and Milli Vinalli was hilarious too. ;)

I don't like boy bands music much, but plenty do. He's still getting offers of tv work, and would be insane not to go for it. I doubt he's made much from Boyzone tbh.

Fcuk the bedgrudgers.

I have no issue with the guy. He makes a living and the lack of negative stories would suggest a decent neighbor / father / etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Mrsmum wrote: »
    I though he was dead right when he told Ryan Turbidy enough is enough with the ancient clip of Boyzone's first outing so as to ridicule the members over and over again.

Yeah it’s not on I think it was Shaun Ryder who said it best; grafters. Takes a lot of dedication to get where they did in that field, you really have to sell yourself put your body & soul into it. Very physically demanding it’s not really fair to keep digging up their rentboy past

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Until this thread appeared I had actually never heard of him. Truth.
    I do admire people who work hard for their money though or come up with an idea to make honest money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Until this thread appeared I had actually never heard of him. Truth.

I had to google him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

He was literally a few laps from winning the 2003 British GT Championship until taken out by a spinning back marker, causing him to lose the championship.

He's also had success in the British Drift Championship.

I'd probably listen to his advice over the op based on this alone if I'm honest, can never understand those who say he knows nothing about cars, if he was more committed to it he could've made a name in Europe or internationally.

Other than this, he's been pretty approachable and generally likable over the years, and done well and got a good reception in Celeb BB IIRC.

Fair play, made some money, is enjoying life and doesn't seem to be around rubbing it in peoples faces can't begrudge him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Did he tell Tubridy to stick his opinions up his arse? Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

proof that luck is far more important than talent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

One things for certain , anything he undertakes he excels! Just not the singing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

You can take the boy out of Tallaght but you can't take Tallaght out of the boy. Say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

tdf7187 wrote: »
    You can take the boy out of Tallaght but you can't take Tallaght out of the boy. Say no more.

He's from donaghmede........

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Get him mixed up with the other bloke.

interesting choice of twitter profile photo

BbNBEGcy_400x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Never seemed that bad. I'd much prefer him to Ronan Keating.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A Mercedes X Class. Since when did that become a Supercar? It's basically a Nissan Navara with different badges and grill. It lost anyway so nope not a Supercar. Shane seems to have copped that caps are ment to go on with the peak at the front so less annoying there. Actually he has gotten less annoying as the show goes on. He won today again with his Porsche Carrera.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

He's the one with all the tats!
    Looks rough.

Horrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Always thought he was a bit scummy. Looks a bit like Tommy Lee(from the waist up) 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Rapid

This is a really strange and not nice thread. It's as if the OP just wants an opportunity to criticise Shane Lynch. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

AMKC wrote: »
    A Mercedes X Class. Since when did that become a Supercar? It's basically a Nissan Navara with different badges and grill. It lost anyway so nope not a Supercar. Shane seems to have copped that caps are ment to go on with the peak at the front so less annoying there. Actually he has gotten less annoying as the show goes on. He won today again with his Porsche Carrera.

What do you drive?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Advertisement