Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage Shelving

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Half way through it now, once you get the first layer at the bottom done it gets easier as there's some kind of structure to hold it in place.
    I would recommend wearing good work gloves and goggles as there's a lot of hammering involved. If you have a rubber hammer use it, I only have a metal head hammer and had to put duct tape on it, so not to be hitting metal with metal. Also when you're connecting the 8 middle pieces that hold the top half supports, make sure you have the supports the right way up. Follow the pictures. I did it first with them wrong way up, (2 holes at bottom of support instead of 1) and had to redo that. It was obvious because the top supports didn't bang down flush with the bottom ones. Also the beams under every shelf are a bit awkward, I'd recommend stretching out the edges before placing it in. I tried placing them first then rotating into place but it bent the edges.
    Bought a few of these back in September but only got around to putting up the first one today. Should have read the advice above. Tried to build the frame first and got nowhere. Lots of f'ing and blinding, it collapsed a couple of times. When I hammered in one connection another would loosen and fall out. Lesson learned, the rest should be easier, hopefully.

Advertisement