Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any universally loved Irish people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Truthvader wrote: »
    CANNOT ABIDE TERRY PRONE. LIGHTWEIGHT DUPLICITOUS AND BRIMMING WITH SELF WORTH

What a horrible person. I knew she was bad but jesus, is she able to turn down any work??

Lillyfae wrote: »
    What a horrible person. I knew she was bad but jesus, is she able to turn down any work??
    “If you come hear you’ll find no mass grave, no evidence that children were ever so buried, and a local police force casting their eyes to the heavens and saying “yeah a few bones were found but this was an area where famine victims were buried. So?

Why do tv shows have this obnoxious cow on? I’d never seen that letter before it was posted here and there is not one shed of empathy for anybody who was buried there (even if it had turned out to be famine victims). And the use of the word “aborted” when talking about tv channels cancelling their documentary plans was definitely intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Truthvader wrote: »
    CANNOT ABIDE TERRY PRONE. LIGHTWEIGHT DUPLICITOUS AND BRIMMING WITH SELF WORTH

Well, she works in PR, the 'profession' that uses sophistry as it's primary tool. The traits you posted are key to doing well in PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Why do tv shows have this obnoxious cow on? I’d never seen that letter before it was posted here and there is not one shed of empathy for anybody who was buried there (even if it had turned out to be famine victims). And the use of the word “aborted” when talking about tv channels cancelling their documentary plans was definitely intentional.

A truly disgusting letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The Garda who found the bag that Graham Dwyer threw into the Vartry reservoir.

Actually is a nice lad.
    Likes to travel a fair bit.

BTW the bag was found by fishermen afaik, but the Garda did a lot of leg work initially to start the ball rolling.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Especially not by Terry 'nothing to see here' Prone anyway

letter2.jpg

Holy **** the condescension spews out of that letter.
    Smarmy c**t would be most apt description based on that piece of work.
    She even has a pop at Corless with the reference to reputable historians.

Every time the b*tch appears on radio or tv someone should phone in to quote this letter,

Wasn't she one of haughey's mouthpieces?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

jmayo wrote: »
    Wasn't she one of haughey's mouthpieces?

She used to provide training for the FF Depateees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Me, Im universal, Irish and loved

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Shane Lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Niall Quinn.

Dennis Irwin

Met Dennis Irwin and Kevin Kilbane after an Irish match one evening, think they were doing punditry together. Kilbane was full of chat and really sound. Irwin seemed disgusted his friend was talking to members of the general public and was fairly rude. Kilbane could have been one for this but if you look at his Twitter him and the fiancee seem like a pair of 16 year olds seeing the opposite sex for the first time..Embarrassing!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Ollie Horgan....By everyone bar referees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Met Dennis Irwin and Kevin Kilbane after an Irish match one evening, think they were doing punditry together. Kilbane was full of chat and really sound. Irwin seemed disgusted his friend was talking to members of the general public and was fairly rude. Kilbane could have been one for this but if you look at his Twitter him and the fiancee seem like a pair of 16 year olds seeing the opposite sex for the first time..Embarrassing!

That's the Cork in him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Francis Brennan.

I know he can be a bit screechy but he seems to be a good natured oul soul.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

joeguevara wrote: »
    Never knew she was in the commitments.

I know the guy isn’t Irish and I know he polarises opinion but the first performance of river dance on Eurovision (rock and roll kids year) was the most amazing spectacle I think definitely Irish television if not Europe had ever seen.
    The Swedes can do a good interval act too

Business:

Michael Smurfit
    JP McManus

dis3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Martin McGuinness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Dermot Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Dermot Morgan.

I've heard on several occasions that he was a very rude and arrogant man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

dis3.gif

What is wrong with JP McManus? - charitable foundation set up philanthropy and so on.

https://search.benefacts.ie/org/14973b69-69bc-450e-926d-5faa1a6bf85f/jp-mcmanus-charitable-foundation/

https://jpmcmanusfund.ie/

Started from nothing as well.

Involved in sport and so on.

--

Michael Smurfit used his money to support education in Ireland - Smurfit Business School

https://www.smurfitschool.ie/aboutus/ourmissionandvision/supportsmurfit/

Also involved in charity for the less fortunate https://www.smurfitkappafoundation.com/

If your problem with Smurfit is that he was born in England it rules out Paul McGrath and Phil Lynott for example.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i've heard that too same with packie bonner

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Maureen O'Hara.

Do Zig and Zag count as people?

I am not stupid enough to name, Dustin. Sure, he is a turkey.

the two lads are absolute legends and do deserve to be universally loved

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Who's Samantha Mumba...………………..? Never heard of her...…...………..:)

irish literary genius, one of her more celebrated works was improving ashes to ashes for david bowie,

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
    We know Major Tom's a junkie

to

Body to body
    Funk to funky
    We know how to rock your party

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What is wrong with JP McManus? - charitable foundation set up philanthropy and so on.

https://search.benefacts.ie/org/14973b69-69bc-450e-926d-5faa1a6bf85f/jp-mcmanus-charitable-foundation/

https://jpmcmanusfund.ie/

Started from nothing as well.

Involved in sport and so on.

--

Michael Smurfit used his money to support education in Ireland - Smurfit Business School

https://www.smurfitschool.ie/aboutus/ourmissionandvision/supportsmurfit/

Also involved in charity for the less fortunate https://www.smurfitkappafoundation.com/

If your problem with Smurfit is that he was born in England it rules out Paul McGrath and Phil Lynott for example.

Maybe they should pay their actual taxes instead of dropping a few crumbs from the table for their pet projects?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Really? I never heard that about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Maybe they should pay their actual taxes instead of dropping a few crumbs from the table for their pet projects?

So is a begrudgery scenario I see....

Damned if they do damned if they don't.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Don Conroy.

Oh good call

A legend for sure. He popped back from retirement during lockdown teaching both old & young to draw.

Waterford Whispers did some satire on him that a national emergency called for his return and had him in military uniform.

He trolled them right back and and had a photo of a young Don Conroy in US army uniform during filming of a WWII film in County Meath. Moaning that he got knifed while asleep by actor Lee Marvin

The Big Red One is the name of the film :) Some parts filmed in Trim County Meath in 1980

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

O Brien, Godmother, and Forty Coats

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So is a begrudgery scenario I see....

Damned if they do damned if they don't.

No, just damned if they don't (pay their taxes). I don't think that expecting people to pay their taxes is begrudgery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

DJ Flip
    Arveene
    Billy Scurry
    Baz Hickey
    Sunil Sharpe
    Ri Ra
    Rob Kelly maybe.

Advertisement