Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Tehran | Apple TV+

• 04-09-2020 8:31pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 17,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭ The Black Oil

I don't have Apple TV and probably won't get around to this. Seems a little Americanised here with some of the dialogue and 'mission's blown!' type stuff. Maybe they'll give the characters some depth, though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭ cdgalwegian

Looks like it could be good. Good middle-eastern-set series available here seem to be getting more prevalent, with Caliphate and Baghdad Central being notable recent examples.
    Interesting approach to the show:
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium.MAGAZINE-tehran-tv-show-new-review-israel-writer-1.8956150
    I'll definitely track it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭ Heraldoffreeent

Watched the first episode, it looks good. Couldn't get Subtitles for Ep.2. May wait until the Apple TV release to watch the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ Simon201

Finding this very enjoyable. On episode 4 at the moment, hope it keeps up...

Watched the first four episodes; pretty good low-budget espionage story so far. Decent storyline and suspense/thrills. Feels authentic, and whatsmore, a good long-form addition to the many very good Iranian films that give a good insight into a society we otherwise see little of.

This shifted up the gears into 'thriller' territory as the episodes moved along. If espionage/thrillers are your game, definitely worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,586 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Glen Close joins the cast as the lead for season 2.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 17,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭ The Black Oil

Three episodes in and it's got a pretty solid cat and mouse game, plus the frustrations of surveillance on both sides. Keeps the character stuff ticking over, whilst skirting towards boiling point too. Hacking in pop culture always leads to 'access granted/denied'..!

Tehran's traffic looks attrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭ boccy23

Just picking up on S1 of this one now. Have to say I like it. Reminds me of Fauda.

Although, whether it is my Apple TV settings or not, but the subtitling is strange. Subtitles the Farsi bits but not the Hebrew bits. These are dubbed. Strangely irritating.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 17,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭ The Black Oil

Advertisement