Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tehran | Apple TV+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Looks like it could be good. Good middle-eastern-set series available here seem to be getting more prevalent, with Caliphate and Baghdad Central being notable recent examples.
    Interesting approach to the show:
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium.MAGAZINE-tehran-tv-show-new-review-israel-writer-1.8956150
    I'll definitely track it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Watched the first episode, it looks good. Couldn't get Subtitles for Ep.2. May wait until the Apple TV release to watch the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Finding this very enjoyable. On episode 4 at the moment, hope it keeps up...

Watched the first four episodes; pretty good low-budget espionage story so far. Decent storyline and suspense/thrills. Feels authentic, and whatsmore, a good long-form addition to the many very good Iranian films that give a good insight into a society we otherwise see little of.

This shifted up the gears into 'thriller' territory as the episodes moved along. If espionage/thrillers are your game, definitely worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,282 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Glen Close joins the cast as the lead for season 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Three episodes in and it's got a pretty solid cat and mouse game, plus the frustrations of surveillance on both sides. Keeps the character stuff ticking over, whilst skirting towards boiling point too. Hacking in pop culture always leads to 'access granted/denied'..!

Tehran's traffic looks attrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just picking up on S1 of this one now. Have to say I like it. Reminds me of Fauda.

Although, whether it is my Apple TV settings or not, but the subtitling is strange. Subtitles the Farsi bits but not the Hebrew bits. These are dubbed. Strangely irritating.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Pretty impressed with the show. It builds tension nicely, keeps the character aspects moving and has good action. Finished the first season this morning and just watched 2.01. Keen to see what Glenn Close brings to proceedings.

• Advertisement

Season 2 hits the ground running. Cool intro for Glenn Close in episode one, and she does a mean Farsi effort in episode 2; she brings a real gravitas to the proceedings.

So far, the story-line looks less clock-ticking espionage and a more standard infiltration at the same time as 'cat-and-mouse don't-get-caught tension', but it looks promising in the tension stakes none-the-less. Music is a bit overdone for the tension scenes, but I can live with that.

They do a good job of fleshing out the main antagonistic characters, as trying to do their best in terms of their roles, but in a horrible regime. Lots of morally ambiguous moving pieces here.

Good quality maintained in season 2- but the last 2 episodes were excellent. Not an overly complicated story line, so the writers could concentrate on the manipulations involved, and surprising turn of events. This series has got stronger and stronger; really hope there's more seasons on the way to chart Tamar's exploits.

Certain heads on Reddit seem to loathe the show overall, complaining about plotholes, etc.

It's really, really, good at turning the screws on the characters, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Enjoying this myself, far better than Mossad 101 which I thought was too gung ho, this series is a lot more subtle. I love the character who plays the Persian shop keeper in Crash, he is a surprisingly good actor.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This was renewed in February. Hugh Laurie is part of season 3.

Advertisement