Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading 212 Clients Beware!

Options
  • 01-09-2020 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Recently, I received a dividend from Medtronic MDT. A few weeks later I checked the details and discovered that the Witholding Tax was 25%.

I emailed T212 support and suggested that the rate should've been 15%. They replied confirming that the 25% deduction was correct. I then emailed them a link to the Irish Revenue website that showed the rate is 15%. They responded with a link to another Revenue page showing a 25% rate. However, this is the rate that Irish companies must pay to Revenue.

I'm extremely disappointed with their incompetence.

Update: I'm wondering if the fact that Medtronic's head office is in Dublin, does the Irish company DWT rules apply, despite being listed on NASDAQ and paying dividends in $US.

I'd appreciate any enlightenment on the issue. Feel I may owe Trading 212 an apology.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

I've amended the opening post, anyone got advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Yes, Medtronic is registered company in Ireland and Irish dividend withholding tax applies. It doesn't matter in what currency dividend is being paid or where it's listed.

Advertisement