Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

I've not used it myself. I asked previously on Live Chat before I went away and was assured it would work if I ran out of my other roaming bundle. I'm sorry I can't be more help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

As far as I am aware you cannot add data purely for roaming.But I stand to be corrected.You can probably add on credit on the payment page to pay for roaming at whatever rates they charge "out of bundle" - outside of the EU roaming allowance.Lets say your plan gives you 100Gb per month,10Gb of which you can use in the EU.I think if you want/expect to use more then you have to add credit to your account.Never had to do it so don.t know exactly.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Any add-ons you buy for domestic usage must also be available for use when roaming in the EEA. The only qualification is that fair usage limits can be applied and the limit for each allowance depends on how much you paid for that allowance.

AFAIK, if you're charged €3 for 1GB of data, then the entire 1GB should be available for EEA roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I’m just back from being abroad and as expected couldn’t get data working on 48 no matter what I tried. Thankfully had a Vodafone eSim set up in advanced thanks to this thread. Topped up by €5 on the hotel Wi-Fi and got 5GB 4G data and that worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭dermo2014

In Luxembourg and roaming is working fine. When I turned on the phone I got a refreshing sim message and a message to reboot phone, data working OK no settings to change, slow about 5 meg but ok.

Phone is a Samsung s20 plus

Setting attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Got an email from them the other day which said:

"Your account will be made inactive soon because of lack of use. Your 48 service will continue for now, but any credit on your account will expire 90 days after your account goes inactive.

Want to keep your account active?

You can stop this by keeping your account active. Just activate a new monthly membership. If you need any help, just let us know."

Does this mean I'll have to top up to keep the €7.99 deal, and if I don't I'll lose it and then have to pay €10.99 if I want to use the Sims card again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How long can you be without a membership before you're cut off?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Big problems today roaming on o2uk in the North. Only working for sms, both data and voice not working. When calling any number, guy with a dublin accent on an abrupt sounding recorded message says "you are not allowed to call this number". Of course online support are clueless suggesting I change to the roaming Belgian profile on the SIM card but of course this is not necessary on UK networks.

Wonder how long will it take them to realise they have an issue

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Anyone else having problems topping up tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

During recent visit to Germany my partner had 48 and her roaming experience was dreadful. Miserly data speeds 3g/edge making data impossible while I had no issues on gomo. So 48 is good enough in Ireland but run like hell if you want it for roaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Is anyone here able to make or receive calls while in NI or is it just me. I have never come across such a useless shower ever! Their support is beyond useless

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is 48 down at the moment.

No internet all morning.

Near youghal.

After midnight or possibly after 11.00pm is ALWAYS a problem

Have regular problems there.Can usually get 2/3 texts out b4 collapse in signal but no data or calls at all.Next attempt is 2th Nov.EE is their main provider but 48 claims all companies.Even 3 UK won't provide a decent signal

Going into the 7th month no incoming or outgoing service but your account still operates to allow a topup.Not sure when/if account is closed

I think as long as you have access to your online account then you can keep the e7.99 membership

€7.99 plan still available to buy? Any credit balance?

Plan remains.Credit balance-do you mean the 1c,2c,3c that are added on after each top up.

Yeah, if you had any credit on your account, is it still showing or has it been zeroed as per that email?

Can't answer that as I have no credit-did first top up only to have as spare number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Couple of noob questions

If I run out of data can I still login to top-up or do I need to get to a WiFi spot to login and topup ?

Also if I have next months membership paid in advance will it start using that if I run out early ?

I have some data in the safe so I presume this will do anyway if I run out?

Thanks

Any help on this I'm not able to post on the 48 site for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

WIFI is needed to login if membership expires so probably same when data runs out within membership.

Advance purchased membership won't start until current one ends, regardless of data usage reaching limit.

Data in safe can be used within membership timeframe.

There is also 3GB available by swapping 300 minutes for 3 x 1GB, minutes allowance will reduce by 300 minutes but with 10,000 minutes available, it won't make any difference unless you need over 9700 minutes per month.

Thanks you've answered all my questions especially about the WiFi needed

Another question I'm wondering

If i order a 48 sim online can I use this as a replacement for a lost/stolen sim or would I have to order after sim is lost/stolen ?

Thanks

You would have to contact 48 webchat and give them the serial no of the simcard you want to use as a replacement or else order a new card inside your account which would link to your number

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Looks like the free EU roaming is extended for another 10 years which is great news

Good news for 48month customers is that they are not allowed anymore to cut down internet speeds by only offering 3G in other EU countries. They must provide 4G unless the country / region you travel to has no 4G available.

Not sure if 48month will finally implement this voluntarily or need to be sued via comreg first but that's the new regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Just back from a week in Germany, 2 of us on this crock of shite of a network. Fair it's only €8 pm but they do have a legal obligation to provide roam like home. They only now have 2g/edge in Germany and from a lot of research I can see all their German roaming partners have shutdown their 3g networks in the last 6 months and this shower of c***s haven't even put a 4g roaming agreement in place. Gonna switch tomorrow as it was a massive inconvenience not having data, couldn't hire rideshare, scooters etc. Anyone planning to roam with this crowd I'd advise switch or have a backup sim. There is plans all over Europe to shutdown 3g networks all over Europe in the next 12 months, Norway being the next country next month. Can't believe that they're allowed get away with this

• Advertisement

If you have a dual-SIM phone, just use a backup SIM. As mentioned before on this thread, Vodafone PAYG is perfect for this use. €5 for a 10GB data add-on lasting 28 days.

Advertisement