Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Normally that's the case. However these days it seems like corporations are making some very hasty, panicky decisions these days under the watchful glare of the woke twitter crowd. Nike, Gillette and Coca Cola have all recently seen share prices fall in response to some of their woke nonsense.

There was a knee jerk reaction to Nike with a drop of 2-3% if I remember correctly. Did absolutely zero damage longterm. Gillette sales were already declining as part of the decline in male grooming products and the rise of subscription services for shaving products. It had no effect on P&G shares as far as I recall.

Don't know about the Coca Cola one. What happened there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Don't know about the Coca Cola one. What happened there?

Christiano Ronaldo was doing a press conference. There were bottles of Coca Cola on the desk in front of him as advertising for Coke. UEFA got paid by Coca Cola to have them there. He moved them, replaced them with a water bottle and made a quip along the lines that he/people should only drink water.

Coca Cola shares dipped 4%.

Will it make any difference long term, nope.

randd1 wrote: »
    If Uncle Bens had to drop the Uncle part because of possible racist wording, should we then also ban the word nigge* from being used anywhere given it's far more serious racist origins? Or the word snowman, hick, cracker, honkey, whitey regarding white's? Or any of the terms used to describe Asians? Or Hispanics?

It would also mean my username would have to be banned, too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Christiano Ronaldo was doing a press conference. There were bottles of Coca Cola on the desk in front of him as advertising for Coke. UEFA got paid by Coca Cola to have them there. He moved them, replaced them with a water bottle and made a quip along the lines that he/people should only drink water.

I don't think the Ronaldo thing applies here. No WOKE angle to it unless I'm missing something.

I think where Coca Cola got into trouble was them coming out against the recent Jim crow esque voting laws in Georgia/Texas and other Republican states. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

maik3n wrote: »
    I don't think the Ronaldo thing applies here. No WOKE angle to it unless I'm missing something.

I think where Coca Cola got into trouble was them coming out against the recent Jim crow esque voting laws in Georgia/Texas and other Republican states. :(

There was the "Be less white" training slides that went viral, as Its not something I cant do, maybe their products arent made for me

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    There was the "Be less white" training slides that went viral, as Its not something I cant do, maybe their products arent made for me
    Forgot about that one, lol.
    That diversity training certainly raised some eyebrows. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Forgot about that one, lol.
    That diversity training certainly raised some eyebrows. :P

Yeah, my bad. That was it. :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I do remember that. Ridiculous load of crap. But did it damage their share price?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I do remember that. Ridiculous load of crap. But did it damage their share price?

they are too big, its impossible to damage a company that big in the long run in such a context

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

Sure, but Ronaldo managed to wipe off 4 billions in 5 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

BattleCorp wrote: »

That story was actually bull it seems.

The share price had already started to drop 15 minutes before his press conference.
    It actually levelled out and recovered the losses, which were due to dividends, the same day after the interview.

https://twitter.com/ABCmediawatch/status/1406944368812982275

Cordell wrote: »
    Sure, but Ronaldo managed to wipe off 4 billions in 5 seconds.
    Did we ever actually get to the crux of why he did it.
    I think we can probably put aside any possble WOKE angle so was he just on a health kick that day, lol? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You did not read the full document.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think we can probably put aside any possble WOKE angle so was he just on a health kick that day, lol? :confused:

He doesn't drink sugary drinks, simple as.

I'd say he did it just because he can, also maybe because he was making a point that if they want this kind of endorsement they need to contribute to his retiring fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

You'd have thought that the pride flag, with its rainbow colours that symbolised the inclusion of everybody on the 'spectrum of sexuality' was representative enough, but no.
    I have to say that I thought it was quite depressing to see the fervent uptake of the 'new rebooted pride fleg' now with 30% more intersectionality because symbols of unity that don't explicitly represent POC and especially the T in LGBT just isn't good enough!

I suspect the designer didn't anticipate this though...... :pac:

E3vVSh5XEAAFofh?format=jpg&name=small

conorhal wrote: »
    You'd have thought that the pride flag, with its rainbow colours that symbolised the inclusion of everybody on the 'spectrum of sexuality' was representative enough, but no.
    I have to say that I thought it was quite depressing to see the fervent uptake of the 'new rebooted pride fleg' now with 30% more intersectionality because symbols of unity that don't explicitly represent POC and especially the T in LGBT just isn't good enough!

As long as the LGBT community continues down this ridiculous path, I will no longer refer to myself as part of the community.

It's more like a political party these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

I swear I’ve seen that symbol before. The history channel, Germany, WW2 springs to kind for some odd reason.

Although it’s obviously not actually shaped like that at all.

You did not read the full document.

I read a few paragraphs of the normal trash.

• Advertisement

I read a few paragraphs of the normal trash.

In doubting even that!! Care to give us a tldr version?

In doubting even that!! Care to give us a tldr version?

French food is racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The rainbow flag was never originally meant to be inclusive. It was a flag to represent gays and their fight for rights so inclusion and exclusion had noting to do with it.

Now it represents a club where more and more and permitted to join and in that sense it's actually about exclusion i.e. YOU are not part of this club unless you qualify. I mean the Irish flag represents Ireland, it would ridiculous f were to change to represent some other country for the sake of being inclusive.

It is no wonder the likes of Hungary are passing anti-lgbt laws when the see this kind of nonsense going on the West. And while I'm at it a whole MONTH devoted to pride makes me cringe. A month ffs.

French food is racist.

You read the headline, stored there, and have no idea what it was about.

Attention seeking in the sand level as the wokes. End of discussion.

You read the headline, stored there, and have no idea what it was about.

Attention seeking in the sand level as the wokes. End of discussion.

I eventually managed to parse that.

I’ve read all of it. By the way if you want to defend it then maybe prove you read it yourself. The only reason I’m not getting into her arguments is because it’s a light hearted thread but it’s the same CRT trash as usual. Maybe I’ll start a more serious thread on CRT somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »

That's not the fireworks, that's the air quality!

Or is it racist to say 'people of colours aren't as good as breathing as whites'?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,450 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That's not the fireworks, that's the air quality!

Or is it racist to say 'people of colours aren't as good as breathing as whites'?

The air quality that just happens to increase 2-3 times for the 4th compared to the preceding and following days.

• Advertisement

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/trans-woman-wins-miss-nevada-compete-miss-usa
    So I was watching this beauty pageant when the hottest contestant came forward. I was thinking to myself "please god don't get an erection". But she did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement