Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling paper shares, what options?

Options
  • 27-08-2020 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭
    M

I have some shares in paper form as share certificates that I wish to sell, who would you recommend to use? Is Cantor Fitzgerald the best option? Davy Select looks to require an account setup.

It will be a one off sell, I don't need share dealing facilities afterwards.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 russtini

I did same thing recently- once off for some very old share certs and I used Davy. They required my ID to get set up but was smooth and quick, then I posted in the share cert.

This enabled me to trade online and leverage lower trading costs: and I then picked my day to sell.

No further costs etc after the selling fee. From memory €20k of shares was around €250.

Hope this helps

Advertisement