Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I couldn't care less what you think Jeff...can you answer the question now?

what's the hurry ? its not like you have anything else to do is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mynamejeff wrote: »
    what's the hurry ? its not like you have anything else to do is it ?

Soooooo...yet again, no answer. Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/family-of-ira-victim-paul-quinn-hoping-for-justice-13-years-after-his-murder-39649730.html

I see the family of Paul Quinn are still hoping for justice after the brutal and savage murder of their son 13 years ago.

Paul Quinn punched the son of a senior member of the provisional movement and was lured to a shed in rural Monaghan where every bone in his body below his neck was broken. A metal stake was then driven through his face.

3 young men who were in that shed that night subsequently committed suicide due to what they saw done to their friend.

Conor Murphy of SF knows who did this. Thomas ‘Slab’ Murphy knows who did this. Not a normal party.

https://twitter.com/breegequinn/status/1318567025707569152?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Soooooo...yet again, no answer. Ok.

na don't think ill bother , every one knows what I mean anyway ,

wont bother you sure your not part of the party right ……..

mynamejeff wrote: »
    na don't think ill bother , every one knows what I mean anyway ,

wont bother you sure your not part of the party right ……..

Not suprisingly Jeff, when challenged, has lost his tongue. :D

• Advertisement

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/family-of-ira-victim-paul-quinn-hoping-for-justice-13-years-after-his-murder-39649730.html

I see the family of Paul Quinn are still hoping for justice after the brutal and savage murder of their son 13 years ago.

Paul Quinn punched the son of a senior member of the provisional movement and was lured to a shed in rural Monaghan where every bone in his body below his neck was broken. A metal stake was then driven through his face.

3 young men who were in that shed that night subsequently committed suicide due to what they saw done to their friend.

Conor Murphy of SF knows who did this. Thomas ‘Slab’ Murphy knows who did this. Not a normal party.

https://twitter.com/breegequinn/status/1318567025707569152?s=21

The PSNI, The IMC and Gardai also know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

IMO Sinn Fein are not a legitimate party and should be disbanded. Individual members without a history of terrorism should start a new party if they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Do they? Have you a link to that?

Do you believe that if someone has information that is useful to a murder enquiry then they should go to the police? Should Conor Murphy go to police, and, if not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Maybe she thought the NPHET advice wasn't properly thought through blanch?

We know who 'the stand out media performer' is around government buildings is.

As she only lasted one hour of a three-hour meeting, how does she know it isn't properly thought through?

Mary-Lou has no record of handling any amount of detail.

Do you believe that if someone has information that is useful to a murder enquiry then they should go to the police? Should Conor Murphy go to police, and, if not, why not?

Something something condemn all crimes, something something, police forces not to be trusted, something something how do we know he has information or that he didn't go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

The word is 'identity'.

I don't have 'a party' but if it is SF you are referring to, could you give some examples of how they twist identity to be a 'weapon'?

Well how about this stupid comment from a couple of posts up?

yes captain Unionist

GFA or no GFA the underlying bitterness and hatred has to be carefully nurtured at all costs

Yep probably true but thanks to the mafia thug atmosphere that pervades in Sinn Fein controlled areas no-one will ever give evidence.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Yep probably true but thanks to the mafia thug atmosphere that pervades in Sinn Fein controlled areas no-one will ever give evidence.

Don't they contact the party when they want clearance to give evidence?

One of the witnesses in the Brady case got permission from Sinn Fein to give evidence. Surely Mary-Lou can extend that permission to the Quinn case?

Well how did they decide that the IRA was not involved in an organisational way?

They had to know who the people were.

The locals all know and so do I.

I don't think Murphy has done the right thing here at all and I think the SF party would be better off without him, but to be perfectly honest this is not about finding out who did this anymore.

BTW who Murphy talked to, is not 'information' on the crime.

So how do people know the details of what happened in the shed?

'Sinn Fein' controlled areas? :D:D Mary Lou controlling Cabra? You guys do love your film scripts.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Don't they contact the party when they want clearance to give evidence?

One of the witnesses in the Brady case got permission from Sinn Fein to give evidence. Surely Mary-Lou can extend that permission to the Quinn case?

The tail does not wag the dog

So how do people know the details of what happened in the shed?

'Sinn Fein' controlled areas? :D:D Mary Lou controlling Cabra? You guys do love your film scripts.

Well your forever telling us that you know so you tell me . How do you know?

Well your forever telling us that you know so you tell me . How do you know?

Never mind me.

The police have described in detail what happened in the shed and they know who was in the shed...so who told them and if they told the police how can it be said 'Sinn Fein' are controlling the area? How is it known that '3 people who were there, have committed suicide' if there is a mafia like omerta imposed?

You have to be consistent here.

Never mind me.

The police have described in detail what happened in the shed and they know who was in the shed...so who told them and if they told the police how can it be said 'Sinn Fein' are controlling the area? How is it known that '3 people who were there, have committed suicide' if there is a mafia like omerta imposed?

Look if everyone knows what happened and who was there, then there is no problem with you putting it all down in writing, as you say you know it as well.

After all, you can't be sued if the evidence is all there and the only reason there is no prosecution is because of the gardai dragging their heels.

On the other hand, if there really isn't the evidence you say there is, then you would be exposing yourself to being sued and therefore won't post it here.

To make your position credible, you have to post it all on here. Time to step up, Francie.

Never mind me.

As you well know ("never mind me") plenty of people will tell talk to the police off the record. "Well will you give evidence of that?" "You must be joking"

"Never mind me" indeed.

• Advertisement

Look if everyone knows what happened and who was there, then there is no problem with you putting it all down in writing, as you say you know it as well.

After all, you can't be sued if the evidence is all there and the only reason there is no prosecution is because of the gardai dragging their heels.

On the other hand, if there really isn't the evidence you say there is, then you would be exposing yourself to being sued and therefore won't post it here.

To make your position credible, you have to post it all on here. Time to step up, Francie.

If the IMC, The Gardai and the PSNI can rule out the IRA being involved, then they have to know who was there, if they know the detail of what happened, if Johnny Flash knows that 3 of those there committed suicide then no input from me is required.

In fact I will ask the question that springs to mind here..so what if Conor Murphy talked to the IRA, what help is naming the people he talked to going to give to the inquiry or case?

As you well know ("never mind me") plenty of people will tell talk to the police off the record. "Well will you give evidence of that?" "You must be joking"

"Never mind me" indeed.

And if the police think somebody is withholding evidence...what is legally the next step?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭jh79

Never mind me.

Francie, are the names you heard known associates of Murphy?

Mods, can we name the IRA boss of the area? They have been named in the media.

If the IMC, The Gardai and the PSNI can rule out the IRA being involved, then they have to know who was there, if they know the detail of what happened, if Johnny Flash knows that 3 of those there committed suicide then no input from me is required.

In fact I will ask the question that springs to mind here..so what if Conor Murphy talked to the IRA, what help is naming the people he talked to going to give to the inquiry or case?

You answer is sufficient, you either don't know what happened and who was involved or you are afraid to write it down because you would be sued.

That tells us all everything we need to know - there isn't sufficient evidence to prosecute and the likes of Conor Murphy need to give written sworn statements to the PSNI and the Gardai of everything they know and everyone they met.

Thanks.

He has been a poor MLA and associates with known criminals. I'd love to hear an explanation as to why he hasn't been kicked out?

Is the problem here that Conor answers to the gang boss rather than SF or SF are answerable to the gang boss or do SF think it's ok for their members to associate with criminals?

jh79 wrote: »
    He has been a poor MLA and associates with known criminals. I'd love to hear an explanation as to why he hasn't been kicked out?

Is the problem here that Conor answers to the gang boss rather than SF or SF are answerable to the gang boss or do SF think it's ok for their members to associate with criminals?

Some of their members are criminals as they were members of a proscribed organisation.

You answer is sufficient, you either don't know what happened and who was involved or you are afraid to write it down because you would be sued.

That tells us all everything we need to know - there isn't sufficient evidence to prosecute and the likes of Conor Murphy need to give written sworn statements to the PSNI and the Gardai of everything they know and everyone they met.

Thanks.

Johnny Flash knows what happened and who was there. He has stated 3 people who were there committed suicide. And he has graphic details of what happened in the shed.

jh79 wrote: »

:)

SF have been liasing with the IRA since the GFA. There is not the slightest thing unusual in Conor Murphy going to IRA and asking them were they involved.
    Seems to me the IMC and the PSNI agree with what he found out. The IRA as an organisation were not involved.

• Advertisement

:)

SF have been liasing with the IRA since the GFA. There is not the slightest thing unusual in Conor Murphy going to IRA and asking them were they involved.
    Seems to me the IMC and the PSNI agree with what he found out. The IRA as an organisation were not involved.

The IRA should all be in jail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement