Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Payback 2020 *Spoilers*

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh ring collapse. How fresh and new!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If Bray has the blue belt he's losing

Told you......

That ref bump to the outside tho!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reigns gets his title back and didn't even have to pin the champ to do it

Sneaky by him overall and only 1 man can stop him and that is GOLDBERG

Retribution no showing again

I thought the red belt was the Universal Championship?

When did that change?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sneaky by him overall and only 1 man can stop him and that is GOLDBERG

Please God no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Did you think randy orton was going to take the standing Germans or flip dive or any of the other things that nxt midcarders let him do?

He went out, had a competitive match, and won clean against randy orton........ What more do you want......

The proper "BASK IN HIS GLORY" song.

Good god. Ruined in record time

Keith Lee in his first three main roster PPV matches:

Pinned Rollins and got a fist bump from Roman at Survivor Series

Got a reaction out of Lesnar at the Royal Rumble

Cleanly defeated a 13-time WWE champion in 5 minutes, in his first main roster PPV singles match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Omackeral wrote: »
    Keith Lee in his first three main roster PPV matches:

Pinned Rollins and got a fist bump from Roman at Survivor Series

Got a reaction out of Lesnar at the Royal Rumble

Cleanly defeated a 13-time WWE champion in 5 minutes, in his first main roster PPV singles match.

So yeah buried ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought the red belt was the Universal Championship?

When did that change?

When it moved to Smackdown, the blue brand.

Bray used the mallet all wrong. He was meant to put his hand at the head of the mallet before hitting.
    Never understand ring collapses. how often have we had a "Tower of doom" involving 4 or 5 guys coming from the top rope or higher, thanks to a cage. They would weigh more than Braun and Bray.
    I'm not any kind of contract lawyer, but doesn't it need another signature and get notarised or something before it's official?

They said about a long standing rivalry between Shayna and Nia. Think they fought backstage twice recently and that was it. I can tell Nia is going to become even more annoying, going by that interview.

Hurt Business doing the Wakanda Forever salute.

Wonder if JBL is starting a new thing or was that a once off. With Lee beating Randy, will Randy still get the title shot? I know Drew will want to fight him.

At least Dominik lost the hood.

As for the Big Ending. I agree it doesn't look great, especially when we have Sheamus landing on his knees. About as believable as the Attitude Adjustment.

So they referenced the whole thing with the accusations against Riddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Otis is certainly not successfully cashing in for the universal now..

Tag MiTb?

So Vince doesn't like Keith's "look" or entrance music.

Good god. Ruined in record time

According to Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT:

A company source reached out to talkSPORT after the event and said Vince McMahon had tasked Orton with making Lee a star before the match.

“Imagine how high Vince has to be on someone to have Randy Orton put them over clean as a whistle. Orton, doing the best work of his career, wants to help create that next generation of stars. He gets it.”

The source said McMahon wants to ‘push Lee to the moon’ and he thought Orton was the perfect foil for him to do that right now. It seems Orton was only too happy to go along with the boss’ orders, as you’d expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

There's 2 things at work that make the term "buried" incorrect in this case. The first is that WWE has been for the longest time unwilling to freshen up their main roster scene with new faces in the business end of the card. The reliance on old hands and past stars remains high. With Lee I don't think that's the issue, I do think WWE want to make him a star at the top end of their main roster.

The problem is the 2nd issue with WWE and star making. They've forgotten how to do it. The video package that they showed at Summerslam to tease his debut on Raw the night after was fantastic. The clean win over Orton on a ppv is fantastic. But the negatives to how they've introduced him are already clear. The music could not be more generic. The new ring outfit is hilariously bad. The thing that makes Lee stand out (the high flying offence, the big epic matches) are instantly taken away against Orton. First impressions matter. He's also a clear bit part player in the bigger Orton/Drew feud. You want his debut feud to be important. The debut match he was just a plot device for the Drew/Orton stuff taking place throughout that Raw.

Some positives, some negatives. But, given the track record of WWE and the already obvious problems with how they are presenting him, I would not be putting my money on WWE turning Lee into a significant money drawing star.

I think putting him against Orton and working a more grounded match means he will give the commentators a heart attack when he fights someone who's more high flying. Like seeing him do a leapfrog led to an "Oh my" and talking of his agility. Imagine when he displays more agility, even though they keep talking about how he can move for a man his size.
    All too often they have guys come in and just pull off the moves they're known for and then nothing is added later on. Ignoring NXT, it'll be nice to see moves added.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I know wrestling logic and all that.

But surely once the title match started and Roman wasn't in it his part of the contract would be null and void.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Shayna/Nia Tag Team name suggestion: ShaNia Pain

ThePott wrote: »
    Shayna/Nia Tag Team name suggestion: ShaNia Pain

Reported! :pac:

Can we just call the team Shayna Baszler and get rid of Nia?

Advertisement