Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

FG'ers at the dinner also it seems. Watch them both round the wagons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Examiner fella on Prime Time saying some high-ups in FG were present and their names will come out soon

I’m fuming at this.

Maria Bailey probably fell off her swing laughing when she heard this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What is Calleary's handicap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

What is Calleary's handicap?

He has a very low IQ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

This is beyond farce now. Can the Troika please come back and save us again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Examiner fella on Prime Time saying some high-ups in FG were present and their names will come out soon

As mentioned in post #10, some FG names are already out.

Edit - I wonder might Phil Hogan have been there - he was a regular participant in Oireachtas Golf events. That would be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

FG'ers at the dinner also it seems. Watch them both round the wagons now.

Phil Hogan I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Let's see how the ethical Green's behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I’ve literally quoted his Lordships department. You seem obsessed with defending Leo’s honour. Part of his expensive PR team?
    His lordship....lol....edgy

Maybe quote some other people too like tony Holohan.
    At a media briefing on Monday, the Republic of Ireland's chief medical officer, Tony Holohan, said the images of the picnic appeared to show respect for the rules.
    "I didn't see any pictures that are in violation of that involving the Taoiseach," he said.

I have never voted FG in my life, and I don't think he could afford me to be honest.
    You have your own very clear agenda, it's pretty obvious. This is also not the topic of the thread...but you keep posting this garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭testtech05

As mentioned in post #10, some FG names are already out.

Any elected public representative who attended this regardless of party should be forced to resign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,695 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I’ve literally quoted his Lordships department. You seem obsessed with defending Leo’s honour. Part of his expensive PR team?

Off topic, move on please

testtech05 wrote: »
    Any elected public representative who attended this regardless of party should be forced to resign.

Many of them are retired or no longer TDs/Senators.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Time for this gombean to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

This will bring down the government and put the final nail in Martins coffin.

What a bunch of con artists in FF. A disgusting, horrible and selfish act from Callery considering the wider sacrafices people are being asked to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Some names in that article...as you say I'd say there is tonne more to come out.

The hotel and society declined to confirm who had attended but the guest list included: Minister for Agriculture Dara Calleary and his wife Siobhan, Galway TD Noel Grealish, Senator Jerry Buttimer, Senator John Cummins, Senator Paul Daly, Senator Niall Blaney, former Fine Gael Senator Cáit Keane, Judge and former Attorney General Seamus Woulfe, the Moroccan Ambassador Lahcen Mahraoui, former Labour Party senator Lorraine Higgins, former Fine Gael Senator and TD for Sligo–Leitrim Gerry Reynolds, former Fine Gael senator Imelda Henry, Circuit Court judge and a former Workers' Party TD Pat McCartan, who serves as the vice-captain, and a number of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Government is an ombishambles, such contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭testtech05

Many of them are retired or no longer TDs/Senators.

I accept that and they also obviously think they are too important to follow guidelines like the rest of us but anyone who is in office should be forced to go imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Phil Hogan I believe.

He should be made resign or sacked from his cushy Euro gig. Typical big Phil arrogance. He wont apologies thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

The Moroccan ambassador simply has to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

gmisk wrote: »
    Some names in that article...as you say I'd say there is tonne more to come out.

The hotel and society declined to confirm who had attended but the guest list included: Minister for Agriculture Dara Calleary and his wife Siobhan, Galway TD Noel Grealish, Senator Jerry Buttimer, Senator John Cummins, Senator Paul Daly, Senator Niall Blaney, former Fine Gael Senator Cáit Keane, Judge and former Attorney General Seamus Woulfe, the Moroccan Ambassador Lahcen Mahraoui, former Labour Party senator Lorraine Higgins, former Fine Gael Senator and TD for Sligo–Leitrim Gerry Reynolds, former Fine Gael senator Imelda Henry, Circuit Court judge and a former Workers' Party TD Pat McCartan, who serves as the vice-captain, and a number of others.

Well all I can say is I expected better from Lahcen Mahraoui.

If one of them tests positive for Covid 19, will we see a long close contacts list? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Cushtie

How did they not think this would get out to the media.

Make you wonder really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The Moroccan ambassador simply has to go.

Where is the government of Morocco's statement, their silence is deafening 😆😆

Clifden, was O'Cuiv at it I wonder? Probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

testtech05 wrote: »
    I accept that and they also obviously think they are too important to follow guidelines like the rest of us but anyone who is in office should be forced to go imo

They can't be forced to resign their seats (although the Mayo Moron can be sacked as a minister), but the whip can be removed from them - as happened to Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

Sack everyone of them, time to make a stand.

Cushtie wrote: »

Make you wonder really.

They couldn't give a fiddlers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Cushtie wrote: »

Make you wonder really.

Probably the most worrying thing about all that’s been going on in the last few weeks is how it’s not even remotely sinister- it’s just amateurish.

There’s almost a part of the Irish psyche that begrudgingly admires ‘cuteness’ but what’s goin on here is just pure idiocy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I heard there was a trampoline there that the politicians were jumping up and down on.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement