Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Anyone of prominence that attended the dinner has to be held accountable I'd personally look at who attended the golf event too. Strange time to be holding such events with people in close proximity of one and other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Anyone of prominence that attended the dinner has to be held accountable I'd personally look at who attended the golf event too. Strange time to be holding such events with people in close proximity of one and other.

There appears to be no issue with the golf event, the Golf club ran things by the book, they turned up played their golf and left, no hospitality in the clubhouse before or after

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The rest of the Clifden crowd will be pooing themselves now.
    If an EU Commisioner can go to the wall, what chance do those piss-ants have?

The first EU commissioner to ever get the sack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

"We did do eurovison twice"
    Apparently, UvdL liked it!
    https://twitter.com/TVsCarlKinsella/status/1298691451044470784?s=20

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    There appears to be no issue with the golf event, the Golf club ran things by the book, they turned up played their golf and left, no hospitality in the clubhouse before or after

I'd say the golf club never got a chance to host the gig,they wanted to line the pockets of their pal the hotelier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The first EU commissioner to ever get the sack

Second.

Second.

Do tell.?
    Don't remember another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Do tell.?
    Don't remember another

There you go.

https://euobserver.com/institutional/145102

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I was unsure which way she go but it was Phil against the Nation who nominated him so no contest really once the boxes were ticked.
    There be a testing time going forward for politics in general in Ireland, i expect an Election as soon as Covid settles.
    The Government parties were part of Clifden event and really said nothing until Phil did a P Flynn interview which he said guidelines not apply to him. SF came in after that but unfortunately the game was over before they took part.
    Kelly the labout man spoke but i cannot remember the timing, changing times ahead for polotics in Ireland if they want us to take them serious, it be interesting...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

And when he was fired; Malta got to keep the role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Who cares about the golf? You are allowed to play golf.
    I think enda Kenny and dick spring were at the golf but they had the good sense to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

gmisk wrote: »
    I think enda Kenny and dick spring were at the golf but they had the good sense to leave

It's no wonder Golf was the first sport back when you see who was at the doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Golf (and tennis) were always going to be the first sports back, both played in the open with social distancing easily managed. The GUI developed an extensive return to golf protocol that all golf clubs must adhere to. There is nothing to see here.

https://www.golfnet.ie/Documents/Protocol%20for%20Republic%20of%20Ireland.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    "We did do eurovison twice"
    Apparently, UvdL liked it!
    https://twitter.com/TVsCarlKinsella/status/1298691451044470784?s=20

Man I can't believe UVDL likes Jedward. What is the world coming to.

Another thing...how the hell is Jedward still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

How the hell is Woulfe still there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Man I can't believe UVDL likes Jedward. What is the world coming to.

Another thing...how the hell is Jedward still alive.
    They are BLM activists now, stateside! :eek:

Lads we might have to wait on Woulfe and Hayes.

Look what Danny Healy Rae has gone and done.
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1298718571640496128?s=19

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If it resembles a main course of a dinner - and who hasn't had a dinner from a chipper - and actually costs €9; its fine. Plenty of pubs taking in outside food due to not having kitchens.

Now, two rather dinner sized meals from my local chipper, in a much dearer location, is barely €18 so proving it actually costs €9 per person in Kerry might be a challenge.

L1011 wrote: »
    If it resembles a main course of a dinner - and who hasn't had a dinner from a chipper - and actually costs €9; its fine. Plenty of pubs taking in outside food due to not having kitchens.

Now, two rather dinner sized meals from my local chipper, in a much dearer location, is barely €18 so proving it actually costs €9 per person in Kerry might be a challenge.

In fairness the rules on this are arse backwards.

Lads we might have to wait on Woulfe and Hayes.

Look what Danny Healy Rae has gone and done.
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1298718571640496128?s=19

Good man to send to Brussels me thinks or better send both of them.
    They have gone very quiet, none of them ever mentioned Hogan.
    All about chips, porter and Kerry .

I am surprised their collegues in Dail not pick up on fact no need for masks in Kerry a few weeks ago.
    They did not have the manners to adhere to what he and his fellow legislators were advising the rest of what to do.

Say i want a pint of porter which be about €3.20 in kerry, i need to get a burger from his shop at cost €5.81 to make up the €9, i can then drink pints all night.

• Advertisement

jpfahy wrote: »

Waiting game now to see public reaction hoping Hogan demise will kill the momemtun of all of this, i expect politicians to be quiet for next few days to guage public reaction.
    They were all so vocal last night i expect they knew Hogan was finished and Ursula just asked Hogan to present his case to Irish people and he failed.
    I expect the decision was kinda made at this point but if Hogan did well she may have had a re-think.
    I expect after this and 81 intellegent meeting for dinner in Clifden people will want to have people who have standards as public representives and judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Waiting game now to see public reaction hoping Hogan demise will kill the momemtun of all of this, i expect politicians to be quiet for next few days to guage public reaction.
    They were all so vocal last night i expect they knew Hogan was finished and Ursula just asked Hogan to present his case to Irish people and he failed.
    I expect the decision was kinda made at this point but if Hogan did well she may have had a re-think.
    I expect after this and 81 intellegent meeting for dinner in Clifden people will want to have people who have standards as public representives and judges.

I think the media class are simply projecting their lack of morality onto public representatives and Hogan (who isnt a rep).

I am surprised their collegues in Dail not pick up on fact no need for masks in Kerry a few weeks ago.
    They did not have the manners to adhere to what he and his fellow legislators were advising the rest of what to do.

Say i want a pint of porter which be about €3.20 in kerry, i need to get a burger from his shop at cost €5.81 to make up the €9, i can then drink pints all night.

No the meal itself has to cost 9 euro i thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

gmisk wrote: »
    I think Enda Kenny and Dick Spring were at the golf but they had the good sense to leave

The honorary life members of the Oireachtas golf society are

EU Commissioner for Trade Phil Hogan
    Former Taoiseach Brian Cowen
    Former Taoiseach Enda Kenny
    Former Tánaiste Dick Spring
    Former EU Commissioner for Internal Market and Services and Kildare TD Charlie McCreevy
    Former Laois-Offaly TD Tom Enright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

jpfahy wrote: »

He’s wearing sheep’s clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You won't buy a pint of stout in Kerry for 3.20 kid, this is the tourist capital of Ireland with prices that reflect that.

A pint of Guinness in Danny's bar is 4.20 which is the same price as most pubs within a hours drive.

I had a burger from Mike's shop on Tuesday while taking a break from salmon fishing and rabbit shooting, in fairness they do nice grub in there. The burger was 4.50 and well ahead of a burger you'd get in any chipper or McDonalds.

Mike's shop/deli/off licence/post office/petrol station/car wash/fuel supply is a few hundred yards from Danny's pub but just across the road from the pub is the village chipper which I'd say is the place that will be supplying the 9 euro meals.

There's no big money to made opening the pub, it's not like there will be live bands and hipsters downing shots in there. Anyone who has ever been in there would know that it's a small old fashioned place where locals call in more for a chat and to catch up with news rather than get drunk. It is actually a very important aspect of life for a lot of the elderly (and not so elderly) people and for a lot of them would be their only social outlet.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

They went all out to get big Phil in the hope that would be the end of it. Let’s hope paddy doesn’t play ball although I fear he fell for this hook, line and sinker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    They are BLM activists now, stateside! :eek:

Let's hope they stay there. Haha.

Lads Boards merged the Seamus Wolfe thread with this one and the whole conversation has been diluted.

I started another Thread in Current Affairs on Woulfe, Hayes and the rest of the sporting crowd below. Can we post there now as this thread is dying which is probably suiting some people.

The thread is below:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058108096

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jam17032010

Truthvader wrote: »
    This is beginning to appeal to the nasty vindictive side in everyone.

O'Rourke was just a reporter tagging along to get an inside track on whatever. Hogan and His Judginess are at the top of the government food chain and should be held accountable because they are meant to be leaders - and are paid accordingly and should know better.

O'Rourke does not deserve to be judged by the same standards

https://twitter.com/donnghaile/status/1275553534642192384?s=19

When you see that both Sean O'Rourke and Brian Hayes were both at the golf event and how often O'Rourke gave Hayes a platform on his show (see tweet above) while ignoring other MEPs, you have to be cynical about his journalistic integrity.

Not surprised by Pat the Kenny's earnest defence of Phil Hogan yesterday given his boss won a substantial contract for installing water meters while Phil Hogan was the minister in charge of water charges, but we really should expect better of RTE and O'Rourke.

A lot of mainstream media in this country stinks to high heaven IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement