Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puncture repair-why allow for glue to dry?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,575 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cletus wrote: »
    The emergency tyre sealant that now gets supplied instead of a spare wheel has its own issues. Normal practice is (or has been) to replace the tyre, as the resultant foam inside the tyre renders the tyre unrepairable. Tyreweld, a company that makes such sealant, say that it's water based and can be washed out before repair, but anecdotally at least, I've heard replacement is the only option
    it got me home once when i had two punctures in three days - second puncture happened before i got the first one repaired. told the chap in the garage i'd used it and he didn't seem to be too fussed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cletus wrote: »
    The emergency tyre sealant that now gets supplied instead of a spare wheel has its own issues....
    Incidentally, how do taxi drivers manage if using a newer car as they are required by law to have a full size spare wheel? (I can't imagine carrying one in the boot without a well would be practical when doing airport work).

Advertisement