Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Athenry: Place to eat out, Sunday evening?

• 20-08-2020 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭ Day Lewin

Anybody know of a place to get a sit-down meal on a Sunday evening in Athenry?
    I looked on internet, only see one, La Rustica: everything else is takeaways.

Anyone here have local knowledge?
    Doesn't have to be fancy, just somewhere to get a meal that's maybe a step up from the chipper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ aw

La Rustica is decent, you will get a good meal.

The Old Barracks closes at 18:00, I think, so might be too late for you.
    There's a casual eatery called The North Gate which is a cafe bar and serves food late: https://www.facebook.com/northgatecoffeebar/

The Raheen Woods Hotel is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ motley

Also the other Italian Mediterraneano is open plus New Park Hotel is doing food too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭ DaCor

All of the above are decent places for food

• Registered Users Posts: 47,643 ✭✭✭✭ km79

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Anybody know of a place to get a sit-down meal on a Sunday evening in Athenry?
    I looked on internet, only see one, La Rustica: everything else is takeaways.

Anyone here have local knowledge?
    Doesn't have to be fancy, just somewhere to get a meal that's maybe a step up from the chipper.

The indian is also superb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭ Day Lewin

Thank you all for the helpful comments. Duly noted!
    La Rustica was closed: and several other places had shut at 6.
    We ended up getting takeaway pizza from Mediterraneo, and very good it was, too:

Always glad to hear of a good Indian place, will definitely check that out at a later date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement