Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Foldup Threadmill for zwift

2»

Comments



  • It works fine without the sub, just most of the features they advertise have limited usefulness without a sub (workouts, wifi, 10' touch screen, google maps integration etc.). Simple is definitely better. Decent motor, good sized running platform, enough speed, fans (if you need 'em). Bluetooth Heart rate integration/display is handy - saves you looking at your watch.


    Ha my first preference was a simple treadmill, I didn't realize the majority have these features and options, the more I look and read, the more i like. I keep changing my mind, I almost bought the Sole F63 but quite like the BH F9 for the motor and would seem the better option as it would be used quite a bit. I am going hold off until Black Friday and see if the few places I have looked at will have any deals on offer, unfortunately, the majority of stock is sold out everywhere, there isn't many options in Ireland to buy due to a shortage of stock and deliveries?




  • Klopp wrote: »
    Looking at options for a treadmill with a motor of 2.5hp or more. I had my eye on a Proform Pro 1500 when lock down first came in and now i cant find one anywhere?

    I have the Proform 1500 and its a great treadmill.
    Its basically the same as the Nordictrack 1750 but without the large screen.
    I didn't want a screen anyway as I have a TV set up in front of it.
    I can connect mine directly to Zwift also(via a bridge app called runcline)so I don't need a footpod to run on zwift anymore.




  • Sorry for hijacking this thread - just have a question on if it. I got a Pro-form equipment with the free ifit subscription but I am having issues accessing the free annual subscription, did you get a promo code for it? I have downloaded the app and it connects to the bike but I can't join without paying for subscription. I will contact them to check what else I need, but thought I'd ask here too for advise




  • robo wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking this thread - just have a question on if it. I got a Pro-form equipment with the free ifit subscription but I am having issues accessing the free annual subscription, did you get a promo code for it? I have downloaded the app and it connects to the bike but I can't join without paying for subscription. I will contact them to check what else I need, but thought I'd ask here too for advise
    You need to email [email protected] and ask them for the activation code. You will have to provide details of your purchase like serial code of the machine and a copy of the receipt from where you bought it.




  • ewc78 wrote: »
    You need to email [email protected] and ask them for the activation code. You will have to provide details of your purchase like serial code of the machine and a copy of the receipt from where you bought it.

    Thanks for that ewc78


  • Advertisement


  • Can anyone recommend a treadmill that would work with zwyft and kinomap and would be ~ 1000euros?




  • Can anyone recommend a treadmill that would work with zwyft and kinomap and would be ~ 1000euros?

    Not sure about kinomap but any treadmill will work with Zwift. You're wearing the sensor on your shoe instead.

    There are smart treadmills that connect directly and can automatically adjust the gradient but they cost a lot more than 1000 Euro.




  • Maybe a stupid questions :) but can anyone advise if would still be possible to move/manoeuvre a treadmill like this through standard doors once assembled (as in moving it when not in use)?

    https://www.reebokfitness.info/jet-300-treadmill

    The folding dimensions are 124 x 86 x 163 cm and there would be around 80cm width in the door clearance.




  • Maybe a stupid questions :) but can anyone advise if would still be possible to move/manoeuvre a treadmill like this through standard doors once assembled (as in moving it when not in use)?

    https://www.reebokfitness.info/jet-300-treadmill

    The folding dimensions are 124 x 86 x 163 cm and there would be around 80cm width in the door clearance.

    It looks similar enough to the one I have. There are wheels at the end, which makes moving it much easier, and mine certainly fits through any door in our house.

    I'd say it will definitely be possible to move it around when not in use but far from ideal. I'd probably have skipped half of my treadmill runs if I had to move the damn thing before any workout!




  • Anyone using the zwift app for treadmill running, do you like it?


  • Advertisement


  • zweton wrote: »
    Anyone using the zwift app for treadmill running, do you like it?


    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114484031&postcount=23




  • hmmm thanks for that, i wonder are their any better ones...




  • zweton wrote: »
    Anyone using the zwift app for treadmill running, do you like it?

    Yeah I use it all the time and I love it. I use it for cycling also.




  • Re the moving of treadmill...

    We have a folding one. Came in a couple of massive boxes which were sat in the kitchen for a few weeks several years ago until I pursuaded a mate with a crate of beer to come and help me move them. Nearly killed us getting it through to the room it's in now. But despite having wheels and folding it's not left that room since. Even a couple of years ago when the room was totally re done with chimney breast being taken out, new ceiling support put in, new window put in, new extra doorway to outside put in and re carpeted and everything throughout (handy office space now).

    Each time it needed shuffling about for whatever bit of work to be done in one corner of the room was quite a task. We had wrapped it up totally in industrial roll of cling film and many sheets to keep the muck off it.

    Folding treadmills are a good idea, but don't plan on being able to move them around with any ease. Definitely the photos of a spindly lycra clad 5ft tall woman supposedly pushing them about are false.




  • robinph wrote: »
    Re the moving of treadmill...

    We have a folding one. Came in a couple of massive boxes which were sat in the kitchen for a few weeks several years ago until I pursuaded a mate with a crate of beer to come and help me move them. Nearly killed us getting it through to the room it's in now. But despite having wheels and folding it's not left that room since. Even a couple of years ago when the room was totally re done with chimney breast being taken out, new ceiling support put in, new window put in, new extra doorway to outside put in and re carpeted and everything throughout (handy office space now).

    Each time it needed shuffling about for whatever bit of work to be done in one corner of the room was quite a task. We had wrapped it up totally in industrial roll of cling film and many sheets to keep the muck off it.

    Folding treadmills are a good idea, but don't plan on being able to move them around with any ease. Definitely the photos of a spindly lycra clad 5ft tall woman supposedly pushing them about are false.


    The video here makes it too good to be true (around one minute mark). I went for a thinner model which at least should fit through doors. Hopefully it's as manoeuvrable as shown!

    https://youtu.be/VKYHNW2bNoE




  • The video here makes it too good to be true (around one minute mark). I went for a thinner model which at least should fit through doors. Hopefully it's as manoeuvrable as shown!

    https://youtu.be/VKYHNW2bNoE

    Different make and model that I have, but the actual assembly was easy and nothing major lifting wise I don't think. They probably all have that bit well figured out to not need a worlds strongest man contestant with major tech skills.

    But I still don't think I belive that bit with her rolling it along.




  • robinph wrote: »
    Different make and model that I have, but the actual assembly was easy and nothing major lifting wise I don't think. They probably all have that bit well figured out to not need a worlds strongest man contestant with major tech skills.

    But I still don't think I belive that bit with her rolling it along.

    I have a Reebok ZR8, which seems quite similar to the one in the video, and it would definitely be possible to move it like that. I've moved house twice since I bought my treadmill and moving it to the new place was never an issue.

    It is definitely possible to move that thing without too much effort. However, I'd still say it's not a great idea. Treadmill running isn't always the most appealing thing in the world and having to move the equipment into place first may well put you off a workouts for good.




  • Are cross trainers worth an investment for runners?


Advertisement