Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Just to point out most places in SA have been open since before christmas when they moved to level 1 restrictions.
    But their health minister did prematurely announce they are in their 3rd wave now, and they are heading into winter so I would expect there to be more restrictions than here in July.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

I had hotels, flights, and tickets all booked and paid for.

It’s a shame that it’s not going ahead as normal.

But at least I’ve received all of the money back at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭TRC10

Incredible, Sam Simmonds broke the record for most tries in a premiership season with 18.

Even more incredibly, every single try was against either Worcester or Newcastle...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭jacothelad

TRC10 wrote: »
    Incredible, Sam Simmonds broke the record for most tries in a premiership season with 18.

Even more incredibly, every single try was against either Worcester or Newcastle...

So he can't score against good sides.......:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭OldRio

Try and find Hoggs air kick against the Not nots on the Web. A classic. Having a mare TBH.
    Sam S... Probably the best number 8 in the world. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭theVersatile

jacothelad wrote: »
    So he can't score against good sides.......:D:D:D:D

https://twitter.com/ultimaterugby/status/1394756995438325761?s=19

I mean one could argue... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Capacity for The Vodafone Lions 1888 Cup match against Japan at Murrayfield on Saturday 26 June has been confirmed as 16500

https://www.scottishrugby.org/news/bt-murrayfield-to-host-16,000-fans-for-lions-fixture-with-japan

• Subscribers Posts: 41,238 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

update re ticket holders:
    Dear syd

We are writing to you with an important update regarding your tickets for The Vodafone Lions 1888 Cup at BT Murrayfield in Edinburgh on Saturday 26 June.

Following advice from the Scottish Government and local health authorities, we now have confirmation that a crowd of 25% of the stadium’s capacity will be successful in the revised allocation process. The match was due to be a sell-out, therefore unfortunately a number of tickets will need to be cancelled which will be done in accordance with Scottish Government guidelines and the Ticket Terms and Conditions.
    All ticket purchasers will be emailed no later than Friday 28 May which will confirm if they have been successful and can attend the match or not. Ticket purchasers who are unsuccessful will have their tickets cancelled and a refund will be automatically processed by Ticketmaster to the original payment card.

There will be some new processes in place on matchday to protect everyone’s safety, which all ticketholders will be required to read and agree to. Some of the main rules are listed below with the remainder available to view in BT Murrayfield’s Ground Rules and the Spectator Code of Conduct. We understand some ticket purchasers may not want to attend the match due to these new processes, even if they are permitted to do so. A further opportunity to cancel tickets and receive a refund will be outlined in the email that will be sent to all ticket purchasers no later than Friday 28 May.

Important – key stadium conditions of entry

We would like to bring the following key conditions to your attention:

1. If on the day of the event, or in the 10 days prior, you or a member of your group has tested positive for Covid-19, displayed any recognised symptoms of Covid-19, been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or returned from a country which requires a 10-day isolation, then you or that group member should not attend the event.

2. Seating will be allocated as singles to ensure social distancing compliance. If you purchased in a group, your group will be allocated together as close as physical distancing measures allow. Please note all attendees, including family groups (subject to age restriction), will still be sat as singles, which are typically spaced three seats apart side to side.

3. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Ticket Terms and Conditions or BT Murrayfield’s Ground Rules, no children under the age of 14 are permitted into the venue.

4. Wearing of face masks at all times within the grounds and the stadium is compulsory, unless you have a medical or other valid exemption (as set out in Scottish Government guidance).

5. You may be subject to a temperature check upon entry to the stadium.

6. For ticket purchasers in the UK, the use of lateral flow tests in the few days prior to the match is recommended. These are available to order from the NHS website. For ticket purchasers in Ireland, there is currently a Government Advisory in operation against all non-essential international travel; details of these measures and PCR testing are available on the Government and HSE websites. For ticket purchasers outside the UK and Ireland, please refer to government advice on international travel for your country.

7. The re-sale or transfer of tickets (on secondary ticketing market or otherwise) is strictly prohibited.

8. Match tickets remain subject to cancellation in the lead up to the match if the lead purchaser resides in an area of concern from a public health perspective, as will be identified by the Scottish Government.

9. For the full terms of entry, please read the Ticket Terms and Conditions, BT Murrayfield’s Ground Rules and the spectator Code of Conduct (all of which may be updated from time to time in line with Scottish Government guidance and operational requirements). Please read and familiarise yourself with these documents now and immediately prior to match day, as they include important information about the new processes which will be in place in the stadium. You also agree to make anyone who is attending with you aware of the terms of these documents.

We understand how disappointing this will be to some ticket holders. We will update you no later than Friday 28 May once ticket allocations within the reduced capacity have been finalised. At this point we will be able to confirm whether your ticket purchase remains valid for the match or if it has been cancelled.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding,

The British & Irish Lions

anyone successful in getting their tickets included for the japan game?

unfortunately mine weren't, and i was presale 4.
    ive heard that even presale 2 didnt get in either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

sydthebeat wrote: »
    anyone successful in getting their tickets included for the japan game?

unfortunately mine weren't, and i was presale 4.
    ive heard that even presale 2 didnt get in either

Not to rub it in but almost everyone I know who had tickets has made it through the ballot. Granted I live locally so maybe they skewed the entrants somewhat but that's 8 different groupings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

E3IgQg3XEAkB1_7?format=jpg&name=small

E3IgQg3XoAQFSW_?format=jpg&name=small

I hope fassi gets a run out against the lions

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

Surprised Marcell Coetzee left out after being one of best 8s in Europe for last while.
    Morne Steyn back after not playing test rugby since 2016.

Edit: apparently they'll be assessing Coetzee over next 2 games because of his injury and may add him after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Naming Snyman in the squad is a joke...he's not within an asses roar of being fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I don’t see why they would name Snyman and not Coetzee if they are having doubts over his injuries. I mean he’s had more game time then Snyman lately..

Incredible depth and quality in the pack but they will be praying nothing happens to Pollard and Le Roux.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

I see Sinckler got called up due to Porter injury, is Porter out or is it just backup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

schmoo2k wrote: »
    I see Sinckler got called up due to Porter injury, is Porter out or is it just backup?

Reports saying his ankle is broken..if true that's his tour done before it started

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I don't remember Porter going off in the Ulster game. Did he play on with a broken ankle?

Devastated for him anyway. He's been brilliant since his first appearance for Leinster and Ireland. Deserved his spot on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Gutted for Porter. He more than deserved his place on Tour after some exceptional seasons of rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Reports saying his ankle is broken..if true that's his tour done before it started

Lions statement says toe injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ruggabugga101

Hes misses a Lions your all for a micky mouse rainbow cup game - poor bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Gutted for him. Reminds me of Cian Healy getting injured in the first game in Australia, so much promise for a great Lion's tour cut short

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Hes misses a Lions your all for a micky mouse rainbow cup game - poor bastard.

Blessing in disguise maybe. Will miss out on the growth opportunity but he will be in better shape for ireland next year. Also we get to spread the risk keeping one tight head at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Biggar and Simmonds off injured today

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

Blessing in disguise maybe. Will miss out on the growth opportunity but he will be in better shape for ireland next year. Also we get to spread the risk keeping one tight head at home.
    Gutted when I heard the news because I want Irish lads on tour, but I'm starting to think we are better off. We won the 6 Nations in 2014 and 2018 after having less guys than our rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It might be a blessing in for Ireland , but I'd say on a personal level he must be gutted, most players want to experience being a lion and to miss his chance due to a nothing cup must be very demoralizing. He's only 25 so hopefully he'll make the next one .

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Biggar and Simmonds off injured today

Wonder if Sexton gets the nod if Biggar misses out. He hasn't played since the squad announcement. George Ford is the other option I guess.

Stander and Vunipola are possible options at number 8 I guess. If he still wants to go for a more like for like replacement for Simmonds, he could go for Fagerson maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ciaran-Irl wrote: »
    Wonder if Sexton gets the nod if Biggar misses out. He hasn't played since the squad announcement. George Ford is the other option I guess.

Stander and Vunipola are possible options at number 8 I guess. If he still wants to go for a more like for like replacement for Simmonds, he could go for Fagerson maybe.

He'd have to. Gatland would be nuts to not call him up at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Ciaran-Irl wrote: »

If sexton is fit , there's no way Warren would pick Ford over him

Advertisement