Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Project Power

• 15-08-2020 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,524 ✭✭✭✭ dreamers75

On Netflix now, probably the best netflix movie I have watched (thats not saying a lot).

Generally Netflix movies are average fare but Dominique Fishback ( a rapper seemingly) is very good in this, Foxx and Levitt are ok but the story is decent and action sequences are decent considering everyone can have superpowers.

Worth a watch.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭ mewso

Thought it was the perfect example of bang average myself like a lot of Netflix movies. Perfectly watchable but forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭ stargazer 68

Watched in yesterday. We enjoyed it - took up a miserable Sunday afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭ brevity

Yea it was grand. Some interesting effects etc. I thought the young girl in it was good.
    i thought that instead of giving her money for her mothers surgery, they might have paid a visit to her mother and fix her diabetes with Tracy's magic powers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭ An Ri rua

It felt very like a straight to video job. Not up there with some of Netflix' better films.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 17,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭ The Black Oil

One of the dullest things I've watched in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74,965 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

Kinda reminds me of Fantastic Four mixed with Limitless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭ Heres Johnny

Watched it last night. Up there with the very worst films I've seen. Presume it was a big budget film but it looks like a straight to TV or dvd job. Acting atrocious and no story line that I could see anyway. Nonsense. Only I was hungover and the remote fell away from me it would have been off in 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,454 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Awful for me just so boring, A lot better Netflix branded films out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭ circadian

This was poor and I was expecting more considering it has a half decent cast. Story is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭ Banjaxed82

The initial idea had me intrigued from the off. But the novelty wears off fairly quickly and turned into the run-of-the-mill usual sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭ Delta2113

A guy running around on fire and then pops a few more pills into his mouth from his hand.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Fysh

My thoughts from the Netflix Recs thread:

"I stuck on Project Power bexause I generally like Joseph Gordon Levitt, and it was forgettably average. I'm not much of a fan of Jamie Foxx, which doesn't help, although Dominique Fishback puts in a good turn and Levitt is always at least watchable. The main problem with it, really, is that it's trying to do in a single film something that would be better as a series or miniseries (and would benefit from much better writing, tbh). As it is, you get something with a few entertaining notions for superpowers and a gimmick with a lot of potential that instead plays out in the most obvious and predictable way.

Personally I have higher hopes for the upcoming German superhero film, Freaks (not the 2018 film), which Netflix announced recently."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭ unhappys10

Terrible film, what was with that rapping sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ feelings

Awful film. Skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭ expectationlost

I liked that you saw the effects of their powers on the body before you saw their power including the 'big bad' at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭ Banjaxed82

Anyone ever listen to the podcast, The Q & A with Jeff Goldsmith?

The writer of this was on a couple of days ago, and he was waxing lyrical about the films themes and how relevant they were, etc.

Maybe his original script was better than t he end product, but I think there might be some level of delusion going on.

He did mention that he doesn't tend to outline his scripts. Sounds about right :rolleyes:

Advertisement