Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Under 5.0M Bargain Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

What about Martinez at Arsenal. 4.5m. Did well with Leno out. Could stay as first choice (or leave).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Green&Red wrote: »
    Keenan Davis is a 4.5m striker. Started 4/10 of the games post lockdown, subbed on in the other 6

He was worth a punt last year at 4.3m and oop as a midfielder in the game. Villa in the market for another striker & Wesley on his way back so don’t expect much game time for Keinan this year. Smith rates him (as do I) but he’s not yet shown an ability to score goals at this level. Hopefully a championship loan helps him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ryan Sessegnon is listed as a 5.0 defender.

Going on my watch list if he gets a run in MF for Spurs or goes out on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I actually looked at him this morning. He only scored 2 goals that season. I thought he was more prolific than that. Last season he was in and out of the team, only one goal

Think one was on opening GW, a 14 pointer iirc and the wagon went on and on for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,122 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fitz* wrote: »
    If Brewster goes on loan, he could be good at 4.5. started every game bar 1 on loan in the championship this season, and he still scored in that game. 22 games 11 goals in his first senior season after a bad injury. I'd expect him to start if he goes on loan. Maybe Leeds?

If he stays at Liverpool, he won't be an option IMO.

Newcastle, Villa, Brighton & Palace are looking to take him on loan.

Brighton could be an interesting loan for him, but I'm not sure what that would mean for Aaron Connolly and/or Maupay. Maybe Brewster would be 3rd choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

PARlance wrote: »
    Think one was on opening GW, a 14 pointer iirc and the wagon went on and on for weeks.

Yeah, think the few times he had a clean sheet he hoovered up the bps too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Anguissa for Fulham 4.5m midfielder, was on loan at Sociedad last season and did well but Sociedad couldn’t afford to make him permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Juan Foyth (4.5m) started for Spurs in a fairly full strength friendly yesterday. Aurier looks set to join Milan so could be a cheap Spurs defender

• Registered Users Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Juan Foyth (4.5m) started for Spurs in a fairly full strength friendly yesterday. Aurier looks set to join Milan so could be a cheap Spurs defender

I remember Juan Foyth now. looked like he was going to break into the Spurs side under Pochettino.

Seems to want to stay at Spurs.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/juan-foyth-sends-message-jose-18676288

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I can’t fully make heads nor tails of how that team would have lined out though. Was it Davies at CB and Foyth at RB? Given Sessegnon LB that surely can’t be their first choice back 4 under Mourinho of all people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    I can’t fully make heads nor tails of how that team would have lined out though. Was it Davies at CB and Foyth at RB? Given Sessegnon LB that surely can’t be their first choice back 4 under Mourinho of all people?

The usual Mourinho is 4-2-3-1, going by twitter reports, first half yesterday was
    Gedson Foyth Toby Davies
    Winks Hoijberg
    Moura Alli Sessegnon
    Son

Will keep an eye on them for the rest of preseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The usual Mourinho is 4-2-3-1, going by twitter reports, first half yesterday was
    Gedson Foyth Toby Davies
    Winks Hoijberg
    Moura Alli Sessegnon
    Son

Will keep an eye on them for the rest of preseason.
    Yeah, worth keeping an eye on, but until I see a back 4 that I could believe, I’m less inclined to buy into anybody in it. If Foyth is still in there and they’ve improved those 2 FB positions then at 4.5 he would be a dead cert imo if Mourinho’s usual 2nd season team holds true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Any new cheapies appeared in the last week or so from pre season games??

Is anyone considering the Leicester defender Thomas at 4.5?

Played a bit towards the end of last season filling in for Chilwell.

If he's nailed at LB i think he could be a better long term option to Justin, who'll lose his place when Ricardo Pereira is fit in a few gameweeks.

On the FPL site, Fuchs is ruled out until October 24th whereas they've Pereira due back on October 1st.

Woudln't take those dates as gospel but gives a bit of a guide and I don't think Fuchs would walk into the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

FPL site has Tyrick Mitchell as a potential starting 4mill left back until van Aanholt is back from injury.

There is talk of Rob Holding being loaned out to Newcastle where he could be a starting 4.5mill centre half instead of Lascelles.

Read someone advocating Harrison Reed who has just made the permanent switch to Fulham and is claimed to be first choice in the defensive midfield options at 4.5mill and could be this year's TPT.

macraignil wrote: »
    FPL site has Tyrick Mitchell as a potential starting 4mill left back until van Aanholt is back from injury.

There is talk of Rob Holding being loaned out to Newcastle where he could be a starting 4.5mill centre half instead of Lascelles.

Read someone advocating Harrison Reed who has just made the permanent switch to Fulham and is claimed to be first choice in the defensive midfield options at 4.5mill and could be this year's TPT.

Lascelles is the Newcastle captain surely he
    Wouldn't be dropped if fit?

Harrison Reed had a good run on loan last year at Fulham, he was always solid when he got minutes at Southampton in Premier League. Should be a good option at 4.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

shineon23 wrote:
    Is anyone considering the Leicester defender Thomas at 4.5?

shineon23 wrote:
    Played a bit towards the end of last season filling in for Chilwell.

shineon23 wrote:
    If he's nailed at LB i think he could be a better long term option to Justin, who'll lose his place when Ricardo Pereira is fit in a few gameweeks.

shineon23 wrote:
    On the FPL site, Fuchs is ruled out until October 24th whereas they've Pereira due back on October 1st.

shineon23 wrote:
    Woudln't take those dates as gospel but gives a bit of a guide and I don't think Fuchs would walk into the team.

Think they're trying to sign the Atalanta LB

Think they're trying to sign the Atalanta LB

Ahhhh, well it was a nice idea for a few minutes :P

shineon23 wrote: »
    Lascelles is the Newcastle captain surely he
    Wouldn't be dropped if fit?

They just conceded 5 goals in a pre-season friendly with Lascelles playing and he got a red card as well for an off the ball incident so I'm not sure if Holding would replace him or not. Fernandez seemed to be getting much better FPL points than any other Newcastle centre half last season so I would expect him to play and it seems from the preseason games that Bruce is looking to move away from the 5 at the back.

Just pointing it out as something to keep an eye on. Don't see enough of the games to know what way it would go really.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Fernandez seemed to be getting much better FPL points than any other Newcastle centre half last season so I would expect him to play.

I don't think Steve Bruce will pick his team based on FPL points. I think he will definitely be starting his captain and leader, Lascelles

• Advertisement

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    I don't think Steve Bruce will pick his team based on FPL points. I think he will definitely be starting his captain and leader, Lascelles

You could be right.

I was not saying Bruce was picking his team based on FPL points but they do reflect Fernandez playing well and he was high up on the bonus points in a lot of games last season which are calculated off contributions to the game. I also saw the highlights of a game near the end of last season where an unforced error by Lascelles led to Newcastle conceding a goal. If Holding goes to Newcastle it would be enough for me to question the value of Lascelles as one of the 4.5mill players in my squad but if you know exactly what Bruce plans on doing this season then good luck with that pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

if you know exactly what Bruce plans on doing this season then good luck with that pick.

I never claimed to know exactly what Bruce's plans are....

But I do know he selected his captain Lascelles for every PL game last season when he was fit for selection.

I am guessing he is buying Holding to replace Clark.

I would be shocked if Lascelles wasn't 1st choice this upcoming season.

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    I never claimed to know exactly what Bruce's plans are....

But I do know he selected his captain Lascelles for every PL game last season when he was fit for selection.

I am guessing he is buying Holding to replace Clark.

I would be shocked if Lascelles wasn't 1st choice this upcoming season.

I genuinely do hope Lascelles is playing great throughout next season and is the highest scoring 4.5mill defender but for me it's a wait and see on weather a Newcastle defender is worth bringing in and I'm looking at starting with Vinagre and Walker-Peters as my two 4.5mill defenders and still deciding between Davies for 5mill and Mitchell at 4mill in the other budget defender slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I genuinely do hope Lascelles is playing great throughout next season and is the highest scoring 4.5mill defender but for me it's a wait and see on weather a Newcastle defender is worth bringing in and I'm looking at starting with Vinagre and Walker-Peters as my two 4.5mill defenders and still deciding between Davies for 5mill and Mitchell at 4mill in the other budget defender slot.

Who does Mitchell play for and will he start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Who does Mitchell play for and will he start ?

Crystal Palace. He's a left-back and will likely deputise for PVA if they haven't brought in anyone before GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Crystal Palace. He's a left-back and will likely deputise for PVA if they haven't brought in anyone before GW1.

They could start someone out of position but they seem to be very light on defenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

They could start someone out of position but they seem to be very light on defenders!

Yeah. that is the problem at one stage I was thinking of getting the two palace 4.0's Ferguson and Mitchell. But no point in getting them if they don't start because of injury, or worse start and get hammered -1 points.

A lot of changes to a defence all at once not a good sign.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is branthwaite a starter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is branthwaite a starter ?

He started towards the end of last season because there were injuries.

But he's only 18 and is viewed as fourth-choice CB at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Maybe someone should ask PVA on twitter what's the story with Mitchell and when PVA himself expects to be back

Advertisement