Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight times reduced due to emptier skies.

Options
2»

Comments

They didn't. I'm out. I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

L1011 wrote: »
    They did

"With flight times like these you could get an extra 2 short flights in to the daily schedule of any Operator, not just Ryanair."

Its an ill-informed comment and a ridiculous suggestion; as the replies have shown.

If you flew only between Dublin and Liverpool you might fit in an extra flight. But FR and EI don't overnight crews (LHR was an exception with EI) so you have an odd number so how does that work?

In time when things settle there may be changes due less congestion etc to cut 5-10 minutes off a schedule. Over a typical 4 rotation day you might get 30 minutes back.

At Dublin assuming reasonable winds during the AM where 28 and 34 departures are permitted taxi delays etc are pretty much a function of getting space to push back, delay at the holding point is almost zero.

Get a morning with 10 and its hell. Get low vis and you might as well give up hope. But you have the schedule for something in the middle in terms of timings.

En route winds probably are a bigger variable, get a strong jetstream on a southerly track and its great going to Europe, not great coming back (so it balances out to some degree)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

They didn't. I'm out. I don't care.

Literally in the very first post.......

Advertisement