Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircode on Google maps

• 13-08-2020 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have had awful trouble trying to get my Eircode recognised by google maps. I recieved my eircode last January 2020 and it was sent to google by eircode then also. In the contributions section in google, I have contributed with missing eircode and these contributions are pending with months. It's quite annoying as no delivery service know where they are going as I'm out rural. Anyone know any other way to contact google maps on this issue? It's quite frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I was trying to get an eircode of an address near me recently. it was very difficult. Google maps only seems to provide the co-ordinates. To get the eircode I had to first look up my own eircode on the map on eircode's own website, and then from there zoom out and move over (on the map) to the address I was looking for. It's a good thing that address happened to only be a mile away. The eircode website didn't seem to have an option for looking up addresses... only to find an address for an eircode you already have. Is there an easier way?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Darcon

Another Eircode/Google problem. Generally, inputting an Eircode enables Google Maps to successfully navigate you to the relevant destination. However, on two occasions in relation to two individual Eircodes, Google maps navigates to very near the correct location except that the Google maps destination and the access to the desired Eircode property has a high wall between them to get over. Thus, does Eircode have a a specific Lat/Long associated with it?

By way of further observation, there have been in recent times, radio commercials promoting Eircodes as a help for the emergency services to get to your address. In both of the cases mentioned above, and assuming that, for example, the ambulance services uses Google Maps (or equivalent), the first responders will need to scale a wall to get to the patient!!!

Advertisement