Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest TV Theme Tune - Nominations Thread

Options
  • 13-08-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭

Sfe_MNJYvJLcG4h2rHjWDMAhfxQcZc_HEGMCe6fubWsu8MEa05E4ZYFJ68fYPcwQFbUt01L8JfJpgVOyRXqglC-j0hK1x8tqppooZNkwEoZCBu6lLrmkoYHDKdnWE5MtAbIlS1BnkuJqyGFM-LRW0aCl2QYyOA_dT3lXXnnVwGEoobAenB8ggBRnJiuew7vJldp7NckjqOV0OkI3rJjasefXr3bpUd2R6d46D_4gfq9dfTE2s5nuWpM7HKxvPEKMRTOgOwZ1gF74NCt0

Welcome to the Boardsies greatest tv theme tune contest.

We have done nearly every music and tv contest, so now its time to combine them.

Please PM me up to 30 nominations
    The theme from any tv show is valid, from Big Brother to The Thundercats. Sports, news, quizes, tv series, documentaries, cartoons...ect....
    Some tv shows have had multiple themes so please add youtube links if possible in your PM
    Outro themes are also accepted, please specify in your nominations, otherwise I will assume it is the intro theme.

As there are a lot of contests running or to be run, including one of my own, this will probably start next month.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Can we just put in all of LeVar's Walrus nominations in that category in by default?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Done, 30 noms into you Kol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

30 is good big number

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Will get some in to you tomorrow or Saturday at some stage, just expressing my intent so you don't close nominations before I get them in... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Will get some in to you tomorrow or Saturday at some stage, just expressing my intent so you don't close nominations before I get them in... ;)

No problem, will keep this open for quite awhile with all the other games going on atm. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

I'm in, all 30, at first i thought "wow thats a lot", but it was tough to narrow it down to just that,

this will be FUN! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In. Great idea for a contest Kol :)

Sent in my 30 there in the wee hours of the morning. Looking forward to this tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Great idea, there are so many brilliant theme tunes out there, going spend the day listening to them hopefully i'll have my noms in tonight or tomorrow

For anyone interested, here is a great website for researching theme tunes

https://www.televisiontunes.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I ran a tournament on twitter for best tv theme tune awhile ago and it will be interesting to see if we get the same winner, or if any of the final 4 in that do well on here

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sawduck wrote: »
    I ran a tournament on twitter for best tv theme tune awhile ago and it will be interesting to see if we get the same winner, or if any of the final 4 in that do well on here

What won, what were the final 4, pm please

153 noms so far and I have a load of my own to add, I think we could easily get 256 for this contest, it could be mammoth. So many obvious themes not picked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Inski

That was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,381 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Send mine too last night. That website that you shared Kolido was really great!!

203 unique nominations so far, thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

203, that’s massive! Are you gonna run a 256 knockout or have qualifiers?

Yeah going to run with 256 at a min, anything above that and we will do qualifiers. In case I don't get enough noms, I have loads I can add as wildcards. They are some I would call very obvious that haven't been nominated, I will probably add them in any case as I think they should be there.

Still taking nominations and anyone who hasn't nominated 30 can add more.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote:
    Still taking nominations and anyone who hasn't nominated 30 can add more.

What about people that have nominated 30 :P

• Advertisement

Lord knows we will need these tournaments now we can't even go out and watch a match :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Necro wrote: »
    Lord knows we will need these tournaments now we can't even go out and watch a match :(

yes, very true. . . feel the same about my concerts, it's going to be a long time before I can go again. . .

What about people that have nominated 30 :P

Well you're entering LeVar territory then, if you have some more sure PM me, they may get added as wildcards :)

Kolido wrote: »
    Well you're entering LeVar territory then, if you have some more sure PM me, they may get added as wildcards :)

Hey! I stuck to my 30.

I only went with 51 in the other tournament as Liz set no limit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

In

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’ll have the Greatest World Cup Goal Ever tournament coming next month to help you with your fix

giphy.gif

We have about 300 theme tunes now, I think we will close nomination. If there is something you think of, PM me and I will add it if it's not already there. Hoping to start this next week.

Just sent a list. Sorry I’m late but I have the winner so worth waiting for.

• Advertisement

Advertisement