Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Media Links 2020

Options
  • 12-08-2020 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Kicking off next Thursday at Enniscrone, Friday at Carne and then back at Enniscrone on Saturday.

It's highlight of the year for our little gang.

Anybody on here playing in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

the lawman wrote: »
    Kicking off next Thursday at Enniscrone, Friday at Carne and then back at Enniscrone on Saturday.

Way too expensive IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

slingerz wrote: »
    Way too expensive IMO

Never thought that or even heard that sentiment before to be honest slingerz. It’s really good value and some great prizes on offer. 3 rounds on three of the best courses in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

slingerz wrote: »
    Way too expensive IMO

What price would you think is fair???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Never thought that or even heard that sentiment before to be honest slingerz. It’s really good value and some great prizes on offer. 3 rounds on three of the best courses in the country.

It's on 2 courses and this is a shame

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

golfguy1 wrote: »
    What price would you think is fair???

Don't think it's "way too" expensive myself but you can get Enniscrone, Carne and County Sligo for €150 with the Atlantic Coast Challenge, early bird rate.

So a saving of 35 and the bonus of playing Rosses.

Wouldn't be rushing back to the Atlantic Coast Challenge as the rounds are very slow and the prizes were always destined for Tipp. That and the fact that all 3 are now within a hour(ish) drive and can play them anytime/at quiet times for less.

What's the format of the SM Challenge?

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Don't think it's "way too" expensive myself but you can get Enniscrone, Carne and County Sligo for €150 with the Atlantic Coast Challenge, early bird rate.

So a saving of 35 and the bonus of playing Rosses.

Wouldn't be rushing back to the Atlantic Coast Challenge as the rounds are very slow and the prizes were always destined for Tipp. That and the fact that all 3 are now within a hour(ish) drive and can play them anytime/at quiet times for less.

What's the format of the SM Challenge?

Two man team. 3/4 handicap. Each tee off and best drive picked. Then your own ball from there to hole. Both score on 9 and 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

I am entered. This will be my 4th time playing in it.
    Always a good event. Just a pity that the pubs are closed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

I have played the Kerry version (4 courses) and the 3 of Carne, Enniscrone and Rosses point. I dont know why the latter was taken off the itinerary. There was a problem with greens one year with many complaints so maybe that was it. I enjoy the format and it's a bit of craic.

It’s a really great trip and playing Enniscrone twice is really not a problem in my opinion.

People have mentioned money and while I’ve always thought it’s great value sometimes money is not that important. It’s run well, there are decent lads and you’re playing golf by the sea! I’d have no problem paying more to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

How much is it and what's included in the package?

• Advertisement
Advertisement