Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel cancellation

Options
12346»

Comments

So you’re not actually getting a refund but a credit note?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Tippgirl74

So you’re not actually getting a refund but a credit note?

That's all they've offered!

Tippgirl74 wrote: »
    That's all they've offered!

I’d get my money back if I were you.

I think the hotel come out of this in a very good light and if it were me, I’d consider going there in the future.

Groupon..... not likely I’d want to deal with them again so I’d want my money back in my pocket rather than giving them a profit from a future booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,044 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

antix80 wrote: »
    I'm not surprised.

Look, say the hotel has 20 rooms.

It entered into a partnership with groupon to sell 5 of those rooms at a discounted price.

When business picked up, it asked groupon to only accept mid-week bookings on those 5 rooms.

The hotel became aware that groupon did not update the terms on the website and continued offering those 5 rooms at the weekend. The hotel could sell them for a better rate so they said "ya know what groupon, if you continue to sell those rooms we're not going to honour the booking."

2 days before the op was due to check in, the hotel received the booking details from groupon and they had sold one of the rooms that the hotel had not yet sold, but wasn't willing to accept the price groupon sold it for.

In my view, that mess was between the hotel and groupon - they were in partnership in a relationship the hotel usually benefits from. Why send the customer from pillar to post due to an internal process breaking down between the hotel and their partner, groupon?

There you go making more stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Dav010 wrote: »
    There you go making more stuff up.

Get a life you saddo.

• Advertisement

Get a life you saddo.

Why are you making baseless assumptions about the hotels conduct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Dav010 wrote: »
    Why are you making baseless assumptions about the hotels conduct?

They're not baseless. They're assumptions based on how groupon works and what op told us.

What exactly is your problem?

Anyway op, glad you got sorted.

Dav010, get a life.

They're not baseless. They're assumptions based on how groupon works and what op told us.

What exactly is your problem?

Anyway op, glad you got sorted.

Dav010, get a life.

The op never posted what you said above and that is not how groupon works. My problem is that throughout this thread, you have made stuff up to suit your narrative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Gaybar

It looks to me as though the Hotel is chancing their arm and succeeding. Sorry to hear you didn't get to go away OP. Calm down Dav10, no need to get so personal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread is a mess

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement