Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peak time in the ESB eCars app

Options
  • 10-08-2020 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea how the peak time scale works in the eCars app? I'm trying to figure out how likely a charger is to be occupied but without any information on the vertical axis it's really just a guessing game

I'm guessing it's all a relative measure, as in most of the charging at a chargers happens between X and Y times. It's not that much use since the peak usage could show quite high even if the charger is only being used every couple of days

It'd be a lot more useful if they'd give a rolling percentage of the last 30 days, far example charger X has been in use 10% of the last 30 days between the hours of 9am and 10am but 30% between the hours of 10am and 11am. So then I'd know if I need that charger, I should aim for 9am since there's a 90% chance it's free

Of course knowing my luck no matter what I do there'll be a pair of E-trons with 10% SoC looking to charger when I arrive :rolleyes:

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea how the peak time scale works in the eCars app? I'm trying to figure out how likely a charger is to be occupied but without any information on the vertical axis it's really just a guessing game

I'm guessing it's all a relative measure, as in most of the charging at a chargers happens between X and Y times. It's not that much use since the peak usage could show quite high even if the charger is only being used every couple of days

It'd be a lot more useful if they'd give a rolling percentage of the last 30 days, far example charger X has been in use 10% of the last 30 days between the hours of 9am and 10am but 30% between the hours of 10am and 11am. So then I'd know if I need that charger, I should aim for 9am since there's a 90% chance it's free

Of course knowing my luck no matter what I do there'll be a pair of E-trons with 10% SoC looking to charger when I arrive :rolleyes:

Best theory I've gotten is that while under the hood the bars on the actively scale do have values, those values represent hours of activity since initialisation.

And yes, they are relative only to the other vertical bars for that unit. Kinda unhelpful really. Shock horror, mid day is busy!!! I get your frustration though, I share it, hence why I started scraping metrics from the ecars site months ago to try get some logic from the peak times graphs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Best theory I've gotten is that while under the hood the bars on the actively scale do have values, those values represent hours of activity since initialisation.

And yes, they are relative only to the other vertical bars for that unit. Kinda unhelpful really. Shock horror, mid day is busy!!! I get your frustration though, I share it, hence why I started scraping metrics from the ecars site months ago to try get some logic from the peak times graphs

Thanks for that, I figured it was something like that.

I wonder if you could query whatever backend the website uses for the charger status. If you did this every 5 mins you'd be able to build up a pretty good picture of the charger utilisation

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement