Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Better than my 1.2 kWh here in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

5uspect wrote: »

Another 0.2kWh today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭championc

5uspect wrote: »

My god, I know Dublin is big, but I got 4.5kWh in Sth Dublin today

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Got 3 kWh today in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭idc

4.6 kWh North Dublin (4.65kWp)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

championc wrote: »
    My god, I know Dublin is big, but I got 4.5kWh in Sth Dublin today

Ah, our orientation isn’t great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Indeed. Winter is when orientation and roof slope causes dramatic differences in daily output. Like a few other posters here I have a E/W aspect with the E panels shaded for 3 hours by the neighbours roof when the sun is low.
    With a 4.8 kW install split evenly, the max production this month was the 3rd at 6.7kWh. I won't see those figures again until late Feb. If I had a S facing roof at a steeper angle I would be seeing double digits on full sun days well into December.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had my installation earlier this month and at just over 70kWh produced so lots of shading impacting, pretty sure I'm going to go for Optimisers on my highly shaded front of house aspect

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Or maybe consider Micro-Inverters, and therefore take shaded panels off the string.

People who may have east and west, who may have a south facing shed or some small surface, should consider adding standalone panels with Micro-Inverters, rather than trying to get a second separate inverter or adding to an easy or west string

For those with new systems, compare your output and post even your partial month output. It's a good way to verify your new system is performing well

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115474021

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Today won't be a good solar day, heavy shadowing caused by some weird white stuff..

Currently on 0 watts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

graememk wrote: »
    Today won't be a good solar day, heavy shadowing caused by some weird white stuff..

Currently on 0 watts

I've only got very light snow falling at the minute but producing 200w currently. Pleasantly surprised.

Yeah it's not getting through this

Lol, probably not...

Hardly worth brushing it off either I suppose.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Lol, probably not...

Hardly worth brushing it off either I suppose.

Brushed them off, up to 800w

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Where you at?

Where you at?

North Donegal. Shouldn't have much more snow today, met.ie shows any that's coming in to miss us.

North Donegal. Shouldn't have much more snow today, met.ie shows any that's coming in to miss us.

North east Donegal didn't get anything like that amount. Fell lightly for about half an hour but nothing lasted.

On topic, a very respectable 4.1kWh today.

1st - 1.8
    2nd - 2.7
    3rd - 4.1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Speaking of brushing off panels, has anyone used anything to clean their's from the ground? A long poll with a sponge wiper?

mp3guy wrote: »
    Speaking of brushing off panels, has anyone used anything to clean their's from the ground? A long poll with a sponge wiper?
    That's what I used but from the top of the roof, couldn't stand on the roof, your feet would be above your head before you know it.

• Advertisement

Where can you buy these types of things? Woodies/B&Q?

Where can you buy these types of things? Woodies/B&Q?

Local Agri co op? Look for something to wash trucks with. i think the one i have extends to about 3m

• Registered Users Posts: 65,114 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I usually upgrade the panels by the time they get dirty :pac:

But seriously, I haven't cleaned any of mine. Doesn't seem to affect performance. But of course if you have trees near them or a lot of bird sh1t on them, you might need to clean them. I would just use a power hose I think.

I exported 0.2kWh today, lol.

After a horrendous few days of storms with damn all production, the sun came blazing out today even though the temperatures stayed in the minus most of the day.

This was my south facing set at 9am:
    535361.jpg

Very heavy fog around all day too, but lucky for us we're on top of a hill. Went out this morning and half a mile from home we descended into the fog bank and didn't come out of it again til we got home.

Meanwhile up above the clouds, we generated 5.9kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

Managed 3.3kWh from our South East facing 2.48kw system located here on the donegal coast. Could have done better only the fog rolled in after lunch.

A little bit different, completely grey and overcast all day, 1.3kWh from 10.24kWp.

A little bit different, completely grey and overcast all day, 1.3kWh from 10.24kWp.

Damn, I nearly caught you.

1.2kWp up here. Similarly miserable day.

January has started well.

After endless crap in December, I'm well over target so far. Predicted average for January is 2.8kWh.

1st - 2.4
    2nd - 5.2
    3rd - 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭phester28

I must assume my setup is just not optimal.

Have a look here: can anyone compare the panel current they see for a string (east or west would be the best comparison) for a series string
    As I understand it as the voltage for each panel is cumulative in normal strings it would be easier to compare I for each string.
    1.5KwH today and it was lovely and sunny all day (all be it cold)

I can only get 300wp out of my 1.5/0.9 (2.5Kwp) East West on a winter day
    winter sunny day.png

Red is current on the 1.5Kwp (5 Panel) that sits at 160-170V
    Blue is current on the 0.9Kwp (3 panel) that sits at 85-100V

538188.png

• Advertisement

phester28 wrote: »
    I must assume my setup is just not optimal.

Have a look here: can anyone compare the panel current they see for a string (east or west would be the best comparison) for a series string
    As I understand it as the voltage for each panel is cumulative in normal strings it would be easier to compare I for each string.
    1.5KwH today and it was lovely and sunny all day (all be it cold)

I can only get 300wp out of my 1.5/0.9 (2.5Kwp) East West on a winter day
    winter sunny day.png

Red is current on the 1.5Kwp (5 Panel) that sits at 160-170V
    Blue is current on the 0.9Kwp (3 panel) that sits at 85-100V

538188.png

I think your Red are the 3 panels East and the Blue is the 5 panels West, based on your graph. However, what I don't understand is the Yellow. I cannot see how the yellow can be so high in the morning unless, have you a battery too ?

When DC volts is lower than AC, the inverter has to work much harder to upscale than it would to downscale. So 1kW @ DC 100v = less than 0.5kW @ AC 230v

Also, at 85v, you might well be right on the threshold of the inverter being able to run. Ideally, you want strings with DC volts higher than the AC volts. What model of inverter have you got ? What is it's stated DC Input range ? It could be that it's generating nothing from the 3 panels string because the power is too low.

Have you a DC voltage graph ?

Advertisement