Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

11.7 kWh on 6.35kWp in South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Weird day out there in Dublin today. It's dizzling (lightly) but I'm getting 2.69Kw from my 6.5Kwp system.

Odd to see it raining and yet having 2-3Kw come in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭DC999

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭DC999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 thelastpogue

Hey, any ideas on the Solis App how to see what power the house is using and what I've exported.

Can't seem to find how to see that data. All I can see is the total amount of solar power produced , can't see the split of exported/used.

Loving the amounts generated now the days getting longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

In the overview you have Generation, battery, grid, load. Choose grid and you can see imported and exported totals and daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭allinthehead

22.5kwh East Cork.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

16.0kWh produced

9.4kWh exported

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

18 kwh today in the East of Cork.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Advertisement

13.5kWh produced yesterday

10kWh exported

Lost 1.5hrs of production mid morning owing to a preplanned ESB power cut.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

On the diagram in the Solis app what does 'Load' refer to? Is that the total kw the house is currently using? If not is there any way to find this out in live time or is a smart meter needed for that?

Also is there something about solar losing 15% of the power in generation and export to the grid, irrc I read that somewhere. Does the app allow for that in the PV generation & export figures shown? For example if you exported 100kwh on the app would you expect 100kwh export to show up on your bill or would it be more like 85kwh?

load is exactly what you said it is. the pv will contribute all the power it produces to the house load and if any excess is produced can send it to the battery or to the grid. losses occur when converting the DC power generated to AC. As far as I know there's no losses exporting AC to the grid but if you have an EV there would be additional losses converting it back to DC for the car.

an energy meter can track what you're using with a few seconds delay. i use a shelly em to monitor house load and my heat pump specifically. you download the data in excel format.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thanks, thats an interesting piece of kit. Is it much work for an electrician to install it? The website shows just two wires going in to it so seems straightforward enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭tommythecat

10.4kwh today. This morning was terrible but a couple of nice spells in the afternoon. Got my highest peak reading since installation in Jan. 4.009kw at 12.30. nice to see that!

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Assuming your inverter is 5kw, you might see 4.2Kw or 4.3Kw as an all time max. I'm guessing a little, but that would be my own experience. Typically seen for a few minutes when the panels are cold and sun comes out from behind the clouds. Esp if it's been raining and the rain cooled down the panels. Those readings though of 100-110% your panel perf doesn't last long until the sun heats them up again.

25kwh in East Cork today. Still producing a couple of hundred watts at 18:45 is nice to see.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

Yep it is 5kw. Thanks for the info! Sounds a lot like today's weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

14.3 today, it was a real mixed bag, when the sun was out it was excellent.

Hit a peak of 4.7kwh, which works out at 109% efficiency.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

18.1 today, a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dclifford

23.18kwh today. Was surprised to see that much.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

15.7kWh produced

7kWh exported

A really weird day. Started off piddling rain then turned to heavy snow before decent sunshine in afternoon. Low levels of visibility at times this morning. The heat pump had to work hard with low temperatures hence low ratio of produced versus exported.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

18.5, not bad today.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mooz

16.96 kWh today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nice to have 1kw generated already before 8.30.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

ah its great...my own inverter kicked into life today at 06:10.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Didn't last long though, did it? My own one spiked at 12:05pm to 5142w (I've 6.5kwp) but then quickly dropped back. Temperature of the panels affects it more than people think. 10%+

Aside - nice to see production starting at 5:45am (yeah it's only a few watts but sure why not :0)

I'm in Dublin btw.

• Advertisement

Yeah only a couple of mins. Still pretty cool! Yep production started around the same time for me. Nice to see.

Advertisement