Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards GS Outing - Gowran Park GC - 29th August, NB 11.10 first tee time

Comments

Not yet part of the society but plan on being for next year's outings, very best of luck this week all!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Really looking forward to playing the round with the Big Easy and Paulos, it’s been years since we were out together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Very welcome back newindublin. Revised timesheet attached:

Tee Time|Player 1|Player 2|Player 3
    14:00|Macker1|Benny79
    14:08|FixDePitchmark|Break80
    14:16|Rainbow Warrior|Woodyg|Pakman
    14:24|Princess Poppy|Scubapro|Jarrieta
    14:32|Tigerwood1|OffalyMedic|Ballyk
    14:40|NewInDublin|Kieran.|Snackbox20
    14:48|Slave1|Gypsy79|Athlone99
    14:56|The Big Easy|Paulos53|CharlieIRL
    15:04|Spacecoyote|Recycled|Kiith

looking forward to this, never played here but heard good things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have to make another quick change to accommodate 2 members travelling together.

14:00|Macker1|Benny79
    14:08|FixDePitchmark|Break80
    14:16|Rainbow Warrior|Woodyg|Pakman
    14:24|Princess Poppy|Scubapro|Gypsy79
    14:32|Tigerwood1|OffalyMedic|Ballyk
    14:40|NewInDublin|Kieran.|Snackbox20
    14:48|Slave1|Jarrieta|Athlone99
    14:56|The Big Easy|Paulos53|CharlieIRL
    15:04|Spacecoyote|Recycled|Kiith

Switched Gypsy79 and Jarrieta. Please note the update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

It's ok to pass through Kildare and pick someone up as long as they are essential ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Phil Hogan back in Ireland over weekend . Was looking for a game there on Twitter.

He could fill one of the two balls ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Phil Hogan back in Ireland over weekend . Was looking for a game there on Twitter.

He could fill one of the two balls ?

He rang me earlier whilst driving from his latest Covid Test. To be honest I told him to feck off. No time for him given his background going back to the Irish Water debacle.

Hi All,

Have a call from Gowran who had a cancellation from a different society. They have slots free now at 11:10 rather than the 14:00

I've posted this in the Outing Whatsapp I set up, but want it in here too.

At the moment, have around 10-12 replies happy with the earlier time, so I'm likely to confirm this later this afternoon.

Mods, could we get a Title update accordingly

Updated Timesheet in line with the above post:

11:10|Macker1|Snackbox20

11:20|FixDePitchmark|Break80
    11:30|Rainbow Warrior|Woodyg|Pakman
    11:40|Princess Poppy|Paulos53|Kiith
    11:50|Tigerwood1|Recycled|Ballyk
    12:00|Scubapro|The Big Easy|CharlieIRL
    12:10|Slave1|Golfnut203|Athlone99
    12:20|Kieran.|NewInDublin|Benny79
    12:30|Spacecoyote|OffalyMedic|Gypsy79

Please check your tee time before you the weekend and be ready to go.

To note, I will be giving Gowran everyones names, as they've requested it for contact tracing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I dont post in the golf forum at all, but have been a long time lurker and have started to take up golf for the first time this year, joining a club for the first time and trying to get some rounds in. Enjoying it so far but I dont know many members at my club so I struggle to find people to play with. As I see there might be a few slots free, would it be too late to join the society and get involved this weekend?

Harcrid wrote: »
    I dont post in the golf forum at all, but have been a long time lurker and have started to take up golf for the first time this year, joining a club for the first time and trying to get some rounds in. Enjoying it so far but I dont know many members at my club so I struggle to find people to play with. As I see there might be a few slots free, would it be too late to join the society and get involved this weekend?

Not too late at all Hacrid. You would be very welcome. Could you send a PM to Seve OB on here with your name, mobile number, home club and handicap.

He can then set you up on Teamer which I the app we use for tracking attendance.

There is a €30 membership fee. Given we're late in the year, you may not want to pay that. Itll mean you wont be able to win the prizes in the competition though, so that much is up to you.

If you can PM me the same details you're sending to Seve to me too, I will add you in to my spreadsheets for tracking attendance, contact details, etc....

Done, thanks!

Done, thanks!

Thanks, PM'd back with a couple of follow ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Hi Folks as there are no Kildare based players playing on Saturday and in the interests of Fairness in the player of the year points and the qualifying table for the end of season match can us Lilly whites who had accepted to play but now obviously cant...... be i dunno maybe awarded a points for a a mid table place.

Hi Folks as there are no Kildare based players playing on Saturday and in the interests of Fairness in the player of the year points and the qualifying table for the end of season match can us Lilly whites who had accepted to play but now obviously cant...... be i dunno maybe awarded a points for a a mid table place.

We're still talking about the GOTY calculations, etc... given the shortened season & impacts of localised lockdowns. Its a mess to be honest and its skewed very heavily with less events counting.

We'll figure something out, but can't also penalise the points of attendees

• Advertisement

We're still talking about the GOTY calculations, etc... given the shortened season & impacts of localised lockdowns. Its a mess to be honest and its skewed very heavily with less events counting.

We'll figure something out, but can't also penalise the points of attendees

Agreed, maybe have no points at this one in the interests of fairness after all we are meant to be all in this together are we not. Not Easy Space i know.

We are all in this together, 100%.

From the people who declined, I can see that 2 are referencing Covid/Lockdown in their decline. There may be others who also declined on those grounds, but I can't get a clear reason from Teamer.

I know that this is an enforced decline, which is slightly different to people who are out because they are playing in their Captain's prize, or can't attend due to family commitments, but given we had to change dates, etc... other people could argue that they could have attended if the dates hadn't changed, so really thats an enforced decline to them too.

I would lean towards giving some arbitrary points value to people who couldn't attend due to Covid, rather than scrapping all the points for the event. That in essence, makes GOTY even more skewed, and is penalising the many over the few.

Its a balancing act, but there is no way I'm removing all GOTY points for the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

there is no way I'm removing all GOTY points for the event

Okay, just one persons GOTY points then? :rolleyes:

slave1.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Okay, just one persons GOTY points then? :rolleyes:

slave1.jpg

You only need to remove 1 point:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

For the record, my missed round (and future missed round) are not Covid related, so no points for me there.

I'll just win the two events i do make and i'll be sorted :P

Think there will be a Ryder Jug this year?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Think there will be a Ryder Jug this year?

Still hope so, have to touch base with the other society organiser to see if its doable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Still hope so, have to touch base with the other society organiser to see if its doable?

im led to believe the other society are having a few unofficial outings this year and that there probably is interest in having a Jug match

Updated Timesheet for our new member:

11:10|Macker1|Snackbox20
    11:20|FixDePitchmark|Break80|Harcrid
    11:30|Rainbow Warrior|Woodyg|Pakman
    11:40|Princess Poppy|Paulos53|Kiith
    11:50|Tigerwood1|Recycled|Ballyk
    12:00|Scubapro|The Big Easy|CharlieIRL
    12:10|Slave1|Golfnut203|Athlone99
    12:20|Kieran.|NewInDublin|Benny79
    12:30|Spacecoyote|OffalyMedic|Gypsy79

We are all in this together, 100%.

From the people who declined, I can see that 2 are referencing Covid/Lockdown in their decline. There may be others who also declined on those grounds, but I can't get a clear reason from Teamer.

I know that this is an enforced decline, which is slightly different to people who are out because they are playing in their Captain's prize, or can't attend due to family commitments, but given we had to change dates, etc... other people could argue that they could have attended if the dates hadn't changed, so really thats an enforced decline to them too.

I would lean towards giving some arbitrary points value to people who couldn't attend due to Covid, rather than scrapping all the points for the event. That in essence, makes GOTY even more skewed, and is penalising the many over the few.

Its a balancing act, but there is no way I'm removing all GOTY points for the event.
    ah yea deffo maybe somewhere half way on the points scale for Kildare restricted members.

•There is a practice putting green in Gowran, but no other facilities. The closest range is towards Kilkenny City, about a 15 minute drive from the course

•We will be playing off the White tees

•Be ready at the first tee for your tee time. Please do not arrive on the box on top of the group ahead of you, in order to ensure that social distancing is maintained. Adhere to the time gaps on the first tee to keep adequate distance between groups.

•Your place on the course is behind the group in front, not ahead of the group behind, so please try and keep to a decent pace of play. We're out on a new course, playing in 3-balls, with other societies also playing, so things may be slow. 10 minute gaps will hopefully help on that front. Please do everything in your own power minimise any delays

•The Society plays "Ready Golf". This means that you don't need to observe who has the honour on each tee box. If you're ready to hit, get up & do so. It keeps things flowing. Follow a similar approach across the whole course. If you're a yard ahead on the fairway, but you can play & your partner can't, go ahead & play your shot. We're a friendly (but competitive) society, not playing on the PGA Tour.

•If in doubt, shout "FORE"

•If in doubt, hit a provisional ball off the tee. Better to have a ball out there & not need it rather than hike back to the tee box/original spot

•You have 3 minutes to find a lost ball from the time you arrive at the spot you believe it to be. For playing partners, if someone is searching and you're in a position to hit your ball, can you please hit first before helping your partners search. Again, this keeps things flowing

•If you've scratched a hole, pick up the ball. Do not continue to play until you've holed out. It can slow things down considerably. For reference, once you've hit a net double-bogey, that's a scratch

Nearest the Pin will be the 9th hole. For the "nearest the pin" hole, your first tee shot has to be on the green to be eligible. If you see 1 name on the sheet and they're closer than you, put down your measure, as if someone wins another prize, we will give 2nd closest the prize.

Longest Drive will be on the 14th Hole. Similarly, for the "Longest Drive" hole, your first drive must be on the Fairway to qualify. If you're a touch short, and there's only one name on the board stick your name & how much further back you were from the leader & you may pick up the prize.

•At Kilkea, everyone sent a screenshot to me of their scorecards for doing up scoring at the end of their round rather than handing up scorecards for checking. Can we please do the same. Preferably send them directly to me, not to the Gowran group, so we can try keep the winners announcement till the end

•We're living in Covid world now, so please adhere to social distancing guidelines. Stay 2m from your playing partners. Don't shake hands before or after the round.

•Do not touch/remove the flagsticks

•Bunkers are in play, you can place the ball within 6 inches, no closer to the hole, without smoothing the sand first. Please smooth out the sand as best you can with your shoe/club after you have played your shot.

•There is food available in the clubhouse afterwards, based on the survey I put up, there are 15 confirmed for food, with a few not replying yet. I've given that as a provisional number to the club, but they've confirmed they have plenty of small tables, so please look to eat in a small group, with your playing partners, where possible.

•I'll have prizes with me from people who missed collecting theirs at previous events. The following people are missing theirs at the moment:

OS_Head - Long Drive Portmarnock
    Kiith - 3rd Portmarnock
    Slave1 - Winner Kilkea
    SeveOB - 3rd Kilkea
    Gmur1894 - F9 Kilkea
    Iang87 - B9 Kilkea
    Brian Rossiter - NTP Kilkea

•Finally, and most of all, enjoy the golf

I think I've covered most things, but happy for any further suggestions or info people want to share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Have you mentioned what Tee's we are playing off?

Sorry Space if I have missed it.

benny79 wrote: »
    Have you mentioned what Tee's we are playing off?

Sorry Space if I have missed it.

Updated above Benny

Enjoy folks seems that the weather will be ok Realkly hope there are no Kildare base Boardsies sneaking out Phil Hogan style, Would be hard to take tbh. Great Job Space, gummin to get back playing 20 days today without a game. Poxy co vid ****e

Enjoy folks seems that the weather will be ok Realkly hope there are no Kildare base Boardsies sneaking out Phil Hogan style, Would be hard to take tbh. Great Job Space, gummin to get back playing 20 days today without a game. Poxy co vid ****e

Can't get out in a Kildare course? Must be Opens/Invitationals going on at a number of them trying to get some traffic through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Already told Space privately, unfortunately car is still in the garage and won't be able to travel this weekend. Enjoy, looks like the weather is going to be good, hopefully ground not to wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

You should’ve called yourself Judge

Revision for a couple of drop-outs

11:10|Macker1|Snackbox20|Pakman
    11:20|Break80|Woodyg|Harcrid
    11:30|Princess Poppy|Paulos53|Kiith
    11:40|Rainbow Warrior|Recycled|Ballyk
    11:50|FixDePitchmark|The Big Easy|CharlieIRL
    12:00|Slave1|Tigerwood1|Athlone99
    12:10|Golfnut203|NewInDublin|Benny79
    12:20|Spacecoyote|OffalyMedic|Gypsy79

Lads will ye relax, its a society outing, all supposed to be a bit of fun at the end of the day. Points will only be awards to players who turn up on the day - end of story.

I'm like a lot of people here, club shut during the first lockdown and then again in the localised lockdown, I wasn't on to my club to let me play, i understood these restrictions are for the greater good. its looking very likely i'm going to loose my competition handicap unless some allowances are being made for members who couldn't play yet I'm ok with that - I see the bigger picture.

Hopefully we'll all be able to play the next round and this will be forgotten about.

I think there probably is scope for covid thread in main forum. But it got fairly nasty fairly quick.

I'm not sure the golf society is a place for that .

Committee and captain can take on board feedback and the reasonable bunch they are . No doubt they will consider it.

I'd suggest do it by PM.

The society is meant to be a team too. So shouldn't bring in the confrontational style (that I actually like) into the society.

The society is a very different place and atmosphere to main thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Looking forward to the round today. Just looked up Gowran from six years ago and I played with yourself that day as well Charlie! I was checking to see if it was the same three ball :D You were captain and Space was our third and he took home the win. Good memories.

Always a pleasure to play with Fix too, and I'll be the short man on every hole, just hope we're not in the trees too much Charlie! ;)

Have a great day and play well everyone :)

Looking forward to my first outing and meeting some new people. Nerves kicking in already. As a new player I hope I can keep up with ye. See you all later. ðŸ˜

Looking forward to my first outing and meeting some new people. Nerves kicking in already. As a new player I hope I can keep up with ye. See you all later. ðŸ˜

People always cooler in real life.

Forum is odd :D

Can't get out in a Kildare course? Must be Opens/Invitationals going on at a number of them trying to get some traffic through?

No Unfortunately, i did look but at the weekends its all members. Would make you think about being in a club in the same county if the county lockdown system is something that NPHET continues with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Enjoyable round today, even if I played ****e. Was up at 3am this morning bringing my cousin to the airport, so that didn't exactly help. Sorry for leaving so soon and not staying for the prizes. Was already feeling it, and figured I should get home ASAP.

Thanks to Princess Poppy and Paulos for the round. Very enjoyable company, and they helped me find more than one or two of my off centre drives :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Okay, these are tense and trying times but lets keep away from the tone of the many posts I've just deleted.
    Thanks all folks.
    Thread will be reopened for results.

Thread re-opened for members to discuss today’s event ONLY. Any other comments will be deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Really enjoyed today with break80 and new member harcrid. Both a pleasure to play with an certainly can play.
    Was impressed with the course and have to say would be back tomorrow no bother.

Tip of the hat to el capitan Space on the serious effort organising and then shooting a cracker score for the win as with the wind and how thight the course is at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Pity I could not attend at the end, thanks captain for managing to get us playing in these difficult times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Great day had I really enjoyed the course some super holes. Felt its a bit rough around the edges needs a bit of tlc.. played with golfnut203 who is off 4.. played steady all the way around really is a pleasure watching him make the game look easy. Also played with newindublin good to see him back! And made some unbelievable pars a bit like big phil! And just back after been out with a serious back injury too well impressed.

On my own game. I started well with a birdie putt on the first which i just missed.. but gave me confidence had 18pts on th front.. but a stupid scratch on 8 threw me and didnt really recover! Really felt i let a 40+ round slip here.. but new clubs in the bag (blades) are settling in nicely. :D

Thanks Space for all the hard work I know its not easy!

Captain fantastic :)

Thanks for the reshaping of the groups Captain – as we got to play a badly needed winter match play game – yes, a winter match play game – sums up 2020. When you do not know what you are doing next week, never mind in a season.

As I seen Captain Space on the balcony (there already over an hour) , with paper and equipment and computer, it was a reminder how much of a commitment it is to keep the whole thing going, particularly this year.

Was delighted to hook up with two great guys I now know a long time, but have not played with in a good while – The Big Easy and CharlieIRL . We got into the conversation quickly, covered, where you are living now and deaths in the family. Real upbeat stuff :D.

Soft ground and lush parkland rough was never going to be easy for me – but got off to an absolute storming start , and hit the first in 2 – with a fairly makeable Eagle putt , just missing.

Matchplay and simultaneous stableford can be a funny format – not terribly compatible, but needs must.

Gowran park is a very interesting “track” – what on earth do you do with the middle of a race track. I personally think the holes inside the track are poor, too open and featureless. But after that a real treat.

Charlie got off to a poor start – The Big Easy , was hitting them well and his wedges were outstanding at the target each time. We all got things going a bit when we got into the trees. Can be incredibly tight at times in there, and some fantastic golf holes , with great dogleg or water hazards.

Good call to give relief when needed, as mud balls were the order of the day. This is a surprise for August. A shock really. The greens had indents, but were lovely surfaces.

Overall a very enjoyable day , an enjoyable course for the most part – and nice to somewhat, have a chat outdoors after with some old and new.

I finished with 32 pts myself – won match play game by just hanging in there all day (CharlieIRL was ahead most of the round). Well done to the winners, great scores on a tricky little course playing longish and soft.

The Big Easy and I had a good chat after about, goals, and ambition, and the next big thing, and mistakes and hopes and dreams.

At a time when it is hard to know what is next week, you still need to fool yourself there is something big to look forward to. At the moment , we at least have , a bit of golf at times. An odd pint, an odd laugh, on odd moment shared. At least there was hope of something, as a colder air and darker evening fell in on a great and thankful day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Another great day with boards golf society. Thanks again to space for all his hard work this year, I imagine it certainly is Far from what you thought you were signing up for, but you have risen to every challenge, thank you.
    Paulos led us around on the front nine, showing us how to do things with the panache which only a cork man can exude, unfortunately for him, kilth and I brought him back closer to our level for the back nine.
    Kilth and paulos were great company and while yet another outing goes by without a podium place, I couldn’t think of anyone else more deserving of a win today with all he has done, well done space - on lots of levels.
    Can’t wait for dromoland........

There must be something about Gowran Park. Thats 2 Boards outings I've attended here, and 2 wins.

Its a very deceptive course. The starting 3 holes are pretty open & can fool you in to thinking you can spray the ball around. Well placed hazards can easily catch you out though. When you cross the race track and arrive at the 4th tee, you quickly get an idea of whats to come as a tight drive awaits with mature tree lined fairways. Its a tough off the tee, and the greens have a lot of tricky run offs.

The times have not been overly kind to course, heavy society footfall and heavy rain softened the course & left some patchy spots on the greens. The soft fairways & wind did add some length to the course.

Had the pleasure of OffalyMedic & Gypsy79 for company today and they were great company.

OffalyMedic hit some booming drives, but was a little bit pushy with a few of them. She was very unlucky with a few of the drives finding some nasty positions that had to be knocked sideways. I think the frustration may have gotten the best of her a couple of times which was unfortunate. It was real all or nothing golfer, with as many 3 pointers as scratches I reckon. Hit a beauty in on the 16th to make a great 2 to put a bit of a shine on the round.

Gypsy79 has been struggling with his golf for the last couple of years, but you can see that there is a decent game in there trying to break out. Was rock solid on the front 9, and was keeping me honest for about the first 11 holes. A bad drive on the 12th got in his head a bit and he went a little off the rails. Took a lend of a putter from me as I'd read in the thread about his woes. He seemed to adjust to it pretty well given he hadn't used it before and was a big change from his usual bladed putter. Hopefully a fit will work nicely & get him the right putter to push him on.

For me, I started solid and never really looked back. Made a couple of good birdies, and some good up & downs for pars. 1 scratch on the card, on the par 3 10th was disappointing, bad tee shot, poor chip & a 3-putt. I drove the ball well all day, never got too far out of position, even on the tighter holes, which gave me a perfect platform to build on. I struggled for pace with the putter all day, left far too many 2nd putts in the 4-5ft rather than 2-3ft range, but I made almost all of them, so got away with it.

To the results:

1st - Spacecoyote - 39pts
    2nd - Paulos - 35pts
    3rd - Break80 - 34pts (15 Back 9)

Front 9 - Gypsy79 - 20pts
    Back 9 - Athlone99 - 19pts

NTP - Golfnut203
    LD - Kiith

2s - OffalyMedic, Rainbow Warrior, Recycled (can either Revolut the winnings (€15) to you, or stick it on credit & knock it off your green fees for later events

524730.JPG

Fair play getting result up etc - 12 hour day captain ?

And an outstanding round - not to hit too much trouble in the trees there is a great round.

By the way - was looking up a few you tube clips to try find your new fashion style.

I have to say , there should be a new prize for best dressed and you are knocking it out of the park. I've never even seen your clothes before , anywhere. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Snackbox20

Congrats to Space for a great score and also organising a great day of golf at short notice. Had the pleasure of playing with Macker again and it was great to meet Pakman. Great chats and golf with the lads all the way around. Like a few here when we got our 3 drives away on the first and they went well, was thinking going to shoot well today :-D :-D, out on to the 4th and it was like, different golf course. Finished with the same ball today but some iron play, sand escapes, and 3 scratches blotted my copybook, but really happy with 31. Oh, is there a prize for honest golfer :-D:-D:-D, ask Macker and Pakman.
    Thanks again to the guys for your company on the round and space for organising.
    Really looking forward to playing Dromoland again, fingers crossed for good weather.
    Take care folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Break80

I know everyone is thanking you Captain but I have to say you must have had the toughest year any Captain ever had in the history of this society.
    You have really kept this going when lesser men would have thrown their hands in the air and walked away at this stage. To be fair nobody could blame them because it really was and still is tough going this year. The whole society could have imploded only for you and your backround staff this year. Fair play.
    I had a great day out myself. 2 nice lads in Woodyg and Harcrid a nice easygoing round which is what this game is all about. Only regret was a blank on the last when a level 2 round was on the cards. 18 out 16 back must do better next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement