Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lockheed

How do people deal with anxiety around driving? Had lessons booked but had to cancel them due to the sheer panic it brought on. I'm fine driving normally I just hate the fact that i'm in control of someone elses car

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Lockheed wrote: »
    How do people deal with anxiety around driving? Had lessons booked but had to cancel them due to the sheer panic it brought on. I'm fine driving normally I just hate the fact that i'm in control of someone elses car

We’re used to people driving our cars. That’s what we and the car is there for. It’s a tool to be used. Your instructor can and will take control of the car if he/she needs to.
    Have you considered Rescue Remedy to help you get started. Also, make sure you relate how you’re feeling to your ADI, it’s extremely important they understand how you feel and might even be able to help ease your anxiety.

You’ll get over this feeling, it’s not uncommon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Defintely had anxious moments and flutters before my lessons. I just swallowed and drove. Nerves gone 5 minutes in the drive. Even after 4/5 lessons and I knew I'd be grand out on the road in the their car, I'd still feel anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

Just wondering does driving instructor give a certificate when finished the 12 lessons? I notice it’s one of the requirements when applying for test but all I have is the book which is filled up

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mark2912

canihave wrote: »
    Just wondering does driving instructor give a certificate when finished the 12 lessons? I notice it’s one of the requirements when applying for test but all I have is the book which is filled up

The instructor isn't required to give you a certificate upon completing your 12 EDT lessons. Instead they will record online via their EDT portal that you have completed which of the 12 lessons and when. Once they've confirmed that all 12 lessons have been completed, the RSA will then proceed further with your test application

You can view your online EDT record here:
    https://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Driver-Training/Car-Training-EDT/My-EDT/

Hope this helps
    ~ Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement