Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone else use Guinness in a kegerator?

Options
  • 06-08-2020 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Have a kegerator with a keg of Guinness.
    I have regulator and using 75/25 gas mix.

Guinness tastes cold enough. I put thermometer in and showing 6 degrees.
    Problem is there's small bubbles in the Guinness head and the head is slightly high.
    I'm thinking problem could be the beer line in the pillar going to tap not same temperature as the rest of the beer line in the fridge?
    Was told maybe putting a small fan inside the fridge?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Do you have the correct nozzle with the disc with little holes in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

6 degrees would be considered warm for Guinness (and most draft) these days.

If you're trying to replicate a pub pour try dropping the temp a couple of degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Adyx wrote: »
    Do you have the correct nozzle with the disc with little holes in it?

Yea have the correct one.
    I ended up buying a cooler and connected it up and pint perfect now.

Advertisement