Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen dogs found in Rathkeale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

The Travelling Community can come across as uneducated and so on, but they are cute as foxes and know what's what.

The rest of us are are just reacting really.

The settled community can also come across as equally uneducated to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    A fairly sizable majority are...My sister lives next to settled travelers...The kids go to school and they are very mannerly, 2 of the girls have their eye on going to college...But they are in the minority...I know folks who work in social care & occupational therapy and their stories about issues within traveler families are proper scary

Those are not the people we are talking about really. Good luck to them.

But I wonder why they have to identify as Travellers and not just renters or owners from wherever. There is no need to say who you are or where you are from now, unless you fk it up for your community.

Just saying and still wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

screamer wrote: »
    This is exactly the attitude that I’m referring to. Discount even the decent travellers trying to make a better life for their children. Awful, really awful.

It is what it is. Life experiences have taught me all i need to know about our ethnic friends. You see it different so i'll leave you to it.

screamer wrote: »
    The settled community can also come across as equally uneducated to be honest.

Indeed, but they don't have a Taxpayer funded Ethnic thing to hide behind do they?

For now I applaud the mod on this thread for not having shut it down up to now. That is progress for free speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Travellers commiting crime , well I never ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Travellers commiting crime , well I never ....

It's a minority don't you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Those are not the people we are talking about really. Good luck to them.

But I wonder why they have to identify as Travellers and not just renters or owners from wherever. There is no need to say who you are or where you are from now, unless you fk it up for your community.

Just saying and still wonder.

Oh i know, i was replying to someone saying not travelers are the same...I think my sisters neighbours don't outwardly identify as travellers, but they are settled travellers and very nice and never any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It's a minority don't you know.

They ambushed a car there last Friday evening , 100 metres from a Garda station ... For a minority they seem to punch above their weight when it comes to crime

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/man-teen-left-covered-blood-22453230

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

They ambushed a car there last Friday evening , 100 metres from a Garda station ... For a minority they seem to punch above their weight when it comes to crime

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/man-teen-left-covered-blood-22453230

No arrests again, absolutely laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Muahahaha wrote: »
    what a low thing to do, people see their dogs as a family member and I can only imagine kids would be absolutely devastated if their pet is stolen.

Some have only their dog(s) no family, a low despicable act

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

If anyone steals my dog I will find the people who took her and kill them Liam Neeson style :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

here is a fact for you:
    Travellers are about 0.05 of the population.
    they occupy 15% of the prison places
    You are 60 times more likely to have a crime perpetrated against you than a member of the general population.
    80% of traveller males over 22 years of age have a criminal record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

here is a fact for you:
    You are 60 times more likely to have a crime perpetrated against you than a member of the general population.

Obviously society is all out to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Edgware wrote: »
    Obviously society is all out to get them

more dole, the answer is clearly more dole. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

here is a fact for you:

In many instances Travellers don’t fill in the census forms and the collectors have give up reporting it to the guards as nothing happens so traveller numbers are far higher than often thought , 2% of the population circa 80,000 is best guesstimate . They are having large family’s circa 7/8 kids each so numbers are increasing far quicker than general population .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I was having a discussion with someone the other week they were arguing the side that babies of travellers were born as bad people, I was arguing against it.

All this woke protected class, special identity, minority, etc.. stuff is feeding the racist narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

LuasSimon wrote: »
    In many instances Travellers don’t fill in the census forms and the collectors have give up reporting it to the guards as nothing happens so traveller numbers are far higher than often thought , 2% of the population circa 80,000 is best guesstimate . They are having large family’s circa 7/8 kids each so numbers are increasing far quicker than general population .

Surely the social welfare knows

2u2me wrote: »
    I was having a discussion with someone the other week they were arguing the side that babies of travellers were born as bad people, I was arguing against it.

All this woke protected class, special identity, minority, etc.. stuff is feeding the racist narrative.

What do the statistics tell you? What do the court notices tell you and who applies for the most free legal aid.
    You scrap free legal aid after the third strike and you pay your own legal bills out of your dole money and you see who is laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Has there ever been a point in Irish history where the travelling community has ever been viewed lesser than it is at this point now. Ethnic minority my hole

They steal family pets to make a few euro.
    They supply drugs in our villages towns and cities.
    They drive horses down the m50 and the national roads in illegal races
    They target the elderly and the vulnerable in rural Ireland for a few measly euros
    They scam insurance repeatedly
    They get away with arranged underage marriage
    Take children out of school too young
    Never pay a cent in tax
    And never a word from travellers rights groups who never seem to be silent the day something happens a poor defenceless downtrodden traveller

There needs to be a serious chat about the way these cultured peoples are allowed flaunt the rules and laws of ireland while the ordinary people have to live with it

But stealing some old persons only friend, or a childs best friend, or somebody's beloved pet who might be that persons only interaction that day sinks to a new low for our travelling friends, I'd gladly have my wallet emptied or my tools brought than have my dog disappeared by one of these filthy vermin.

New laws need to be brought in to control the scum that travel the country by night while we sleep, or worse, by day while we work to pay for the life they lead on our tax take, shame on these fcukin parasites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

They love the Dags

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Any idea who are the culprits.
    Well, to paraphrase Tommy Tiernan.....

"It wasn't the Mexicans!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Has there ever been a point in Irish history where the travelling community has ever been viewed lesser than it is at this point now. Ethnic minority my hole

They target the elderly and the vulnerable in rural Ireland for a few measly euros
    Never pay a cent in tax

And never a word from travellers rights groups who never seem to be silent the day something happens a poor defenceless downtrodden traveller

There needs to be a serious chat about the way these cultured peoples are allowed flaunt the rules and laws of ireland while the ordinary people have to live with it

But stealing some old persons only friend, or a childs best friend, or somebody's beloved pet who might be that persons only interaction that day sinks to a new low for our travelling friends, I'd gladly have my wallet emptied or my tools brought than have my dog disappeared by one of these filthy vermin.

New laws need to be brought in to control the scum that travel the country by night while we sleep, or worse, by day while we work to pay for the life they lead on our tax take, shame on these fcukin parasites

Don’t forget that massive paedophile ring or the rhino horn trafficking. The perpetrators for both also coming from Rathkeale.

They love the Dags

They use those small dogs particularly terriers for "training" bigger dogs for fights. These dog traders and fighters are the lowest scum going.

Don’t forget that massive paedophile ring or the rhino horn trafficking. The perpetrators for both also coming from Rathkeale.

If they are married they are fair game, no one is watching the birth certs. Who cares if you are 15 or 16 getting married by 17 you are shop soiled, not fit for the grabbing.

Remember they stole the horn of Michael Flatleys Rhino? He chased them down like a terminator, except instead of running it was Irish dancing.

John Connors : He is gaining on us Sham!!
    Sarah Connor: I am giving the Hiace all it can go!!
    John Pius Connors: Quick its starting the walls of Ennis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Never pay a cent in tax

Travellers are a lucrative business, part of the broader victim industry, beit the legal profession, NGO sector or just clueless media **** who get off on finger wagging at middle Ireland

The traveller freak show sells tickets and keeps a lot of people in cloth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭i_surge

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Worth noting that cannabis was also seized at the same location.

So next time you're harmlessly buying some weed, you're funding the same dirtbags...

Legalise it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Could Peter Casey please come on this thread and provide some leadership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Could Peter Casey please come on this thread and provide some leadership?

Waiting until presidential election. Nearly worked last time.

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Travellers are a lucrative business, part of the broader victim industry, beit the legal profession, NGO sector or just clueless media **** who get off on finger wagging at middle Ireland

Easily solved...... Putting in the new Paddy Doherty halting site just off Sydney Parade will solve the problem. I cant wait to see the guards rounding up the lurchers and Piebalds out of Donnybrook car park.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement