Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Samsung Fridge/Freezer Issues

• 02-08-2020 2:59pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 8,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Sierra Oscar

Looking for some advice on an issue I'm having with my Samsung Fridge/ Freezer (RB31F model).

In an nutshell, the freezer is working perfectly but the fridge isn't cooling correctly. It's set to 3C but failing to reach that temperature. The top shelf of the fridge isn't really cold whatsoever. If I change the temperature to 1C there is no change whatsoever.

The compressor appears to be running as normal. I can see that there is a small amount of water dripping into the drain pan when it is in the defrost cycle.

The fridge is 5 years old. I'm waiting for Samsung to get back to me regarding the warranty before they will arrange a service call out. I've been told that could take over a week, so I'm wondering if there's any suggestions in the meantime or as to what I should expect the repair cost to be?

This issue started occurring after a power outage lasting approximately two hours. That was two weeks ago and the problem has persisted then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭ The Red Ace

Your f/f has the symptoms of many frost free units, they become clogged up with ice often due to one of the doors not being fully shut for a period of time or a faulty defrost system.(many factors) simplest thing to try is unplug the cabinet and let it defrost manually, this could take up to 48 hours depending on how much ice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 8,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Sierra Oscar

Your f/f has the symptoms of many frost free units, they become clogged up with ice often due to one of the doors not being fully shut for a period of time or a faulty defrost system.(many factors) simplest thing to try is unplug the cabinet and let it defrost manually, this could take up to 48 hours depending on how much ice

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go and will report back.

Could a three hour power outage cause what you are describing, in your view?

Also, should I expect much water accumulation when doing a manual defrost?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ juliasmith

My Samsung Fridge is kinda new but i have constantly water coming from somewhere in the fruit/veggie box. What can be the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭ 10-10-20

Most likely it's a blocked condensation drain at the far back of the inside of the fridge. There is often a little green plunger which you can pull out to clean it. Also you may have a faulty door seal which is letting warm and moist air into the fridge which could be adding to the problem.

Remove the trays and storage containers and locate and clear out the drain hole.

Advertisement