Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Samsung Fridge/Freezer Issues

Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,745 mod Sierra Oscar

Looking for some advice on an issue I'm having with my Samsung Fridge/ Freezer (RB31F model).

In an nutshell, the freezer is working perfectly but the fridge isn't cooling correctly. It's set to 3C but failing to reach that temperature. The top shelf of the fridge isn't really cold whatsoever. If I change the temperature to 1C there is no change whatsoever.

The compressor appears to be running as normal. I can see that there is a small amount of water dripping into the drain pan when it is in the defrost cycle.

The fridge is 5 years old. I'm waiting for Samsung to get back to me regarding the warranty before they will arrange a service call out. I've been told that could take over a week, so I'm wondering if there's any suggestions in the meantime or as to what I should expect the repair cost to be?

This issue started occurring after a power outage lasting approximately two hours. That was two weeks ago and the problem has persisted then.

Comments

• Your f/f has the symptoms of many frost free units, they become clogged up with ice often due to one of the doors not being fully shut for a period of time or a faulty defrost system.(many factors) simplest thing to try is unplug the cabinet and let it defrost manually, this could take up to 48 hours depending on how much ice

• Your f/f has the symptoms of many frost free units, they become clogged up with ice often due to one of the doors not being fully shut for a period of time or a faulty defrost system.(many factors) simplest thing to try is unplug the cabinet and let it defrost manually, this could take up to 48 hours depending on how much ice

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go and will report back.

Could a three hour power outage cause what you are describing, in your view?

Also, should I expect much water accumulation when doing a manual defrost?

Advertisement