Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a container to Nz

Options
  • 01-08-2020 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi there, does anybody have an idea how much it costs to shop a container over to New Zealand. Would be putting a few bikes, computer, clothes and a few other bits in. We haven’t really looked into it just thought to post here first.

Also, is it worth shipping a car over??

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

I don't know about container costs but you could reach out to Mainfreight NZ and get some pricing from them. There might be a previous post here that you could find with more info.

The second hand bike market here is massive, from TradeMe to the many FB groups you'll easily be able to pick up what you're after. Same goes for cars, sell what you have and use the cash to furnish your house. When I first arrived I didn't realise that rentals weren't furnished.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

organising shipping from NZ is orders of magnitude more expensive than organising from Europe.
    Last company i worked for had NZ and London offices, anytime freight was organised here it cost about 5 times what it cost there even when shipping to/from the same places.

definitely not worth shipping a car

Advertisement