Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reopening Primary Schools - Discussion for Teachers/ SNAs/ Secretaries

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Frubes ! And those strawberry shaped yogurt pots that don’t stand up . And drink cartons with plastic straws. Nightmare.

They will all still be there. This has me thinking now what to put in school lunch for a fussy eater groannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I spend my time supervising the lunches looking for ideas for my own fussy eater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

khalessi wrote: »
    They will all still be there. This has me thinking now what to put in school lunch for a fussy eater groannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I spend my time supervising the lunches looking for ideas for my own fussy eater.
    My fussy eater will only eat an extremely limited lunchbox variety of foods which actually makes my life so simple lol

Fruit on top pre cut (slices of melon, strawberry or apple)
    Sandwich with cheese OR ham. Bread type may change to a roll or burger bun if he's feeling adventurous
    Box of raisins or a small bit of brack or banana bread if any of them are in the house

Thats it. Any time I try to change it it comes home lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

My fussy eater will only eat an extremely limited lunchbox variety of foods which actually makes my life so simple lol

Fruit on top pre cut (slices of melon, strawberry or apple)
    Sandwich with cheese OR ham. Bread type may change to a roll or burger bun if he's feeling adventurous
    Box of raisins or a small bit of brack or banana bread if any of them are in the house

Thats it. Any time I try to change it it comes home lol

I’d only eat plain bread in primary. No filling. For the whole time.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I’d only eat plain bread in primary. No filling. For the whole time.

Awh god your poor mum lol

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

What about arrival of children to school in the mornings, especially the first morning? Go straight to classroom and sit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What about arrival of children to school in the mornings, especially the first morning? Go straight to classroom and sit?

This is up to your school.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Murple

If you’ve a big enough yard, you could mark the yard out for each line, leaving 2m between them and a spot for each child to stand on within that line. Make it clear to any parent dropping a child off early that their child must stand in the line and on a spot. 200 people are permitted to gather outdoors so that should be utilised to facilitate school arrivals without extending the school day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Murple wrote: »
    If you’ve a big enough yard, you could mark the yard out for each line, leaving 2m between them and a spot for each child to stand on within that line. Make it clear to any parent dropping a child off early that their child must stand in the line and on a spot. 200 people are permitted to gather outdoors so that should be utilised to facilitate school arrivals without extending the school day.

Can’t see that working in any primary school . 200 children to stand in line and on “ spots .” Might as well try to herd cats past a mouse farm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Purplewaters

Anyone else think that the back to school plan along with current numbers of cases is absolute madness? Schools will be the next meat factory debacle and the government will play dumb as if they never knew this could happen. The problem with a new government in the middle of a pandemic is they care more about trying to look good then about safety. It's shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Anyone else think that the back to school plan along with current numbers of cases is absolute madness? Schools will be the next meat factory debacle and the government will play dumb as if they never knew this could happen. The problem with a new government in the middle of a pandemic is they care more about trying to look good then about safety. It's shocking.

And where will the finger be pointed? It'll be firmly in the direction of the school, in for the form of the principal mainly but also at the individual class teacher(s) over something that wasn't 100% correct in the parental bodys opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

And where will the finger be pointed? It'll be firmly in the direction of the school, in for the form of the principal mainly but also at the individual class teacher(s) over something that wasn't 100% correct in the parental bodys opinion.

Leo has already helped with this comment, with his "will schools and principals be to blame? Probably not."

They know there will be cases but their interest in the economy more important. They could have planned better as their plan is definitely not best practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Purplewaters

I wish they'd told us back in March when we became hermits for months that they would throw the rules out the window when it suited them despite high community transmission and the fact people usually are entitled to a safe work environment. Funny how the radio ads are all about social contacts and yet the worst outbreaks are in workplaces where people have no choice . Propaganda spin reminds me of the type of communist countries back in the day. If you catch covid in work it seems to be fine but if you catch it trying to have any kind of a life outside work you're not followinf guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 niairin

PME Yr1 here, interested in following the discussion, I've read the circulars and can't follow specifically what has been said about SET/SEN that is giving concern - has the government said these teachers will be used as cover for absences etc.?

eilisr wrote: »
    PME Yr1 here, interested in following the discussion, I've read the circulars and can't follow specifically what has been said about SET/SEN that is giving concern - has the government said these teachers will be used as cover for absences etc.?

Yes. Means they are really likely to be covering another teachers class rather than actually working with the students in need

Advertisement