Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 - automatic - questions

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Seems to be running well driving it today!

Sold my old A4 for €900 today also, which obviously makes my decision. I’ll use that to do the other jobs on the A6.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Birka

Is there a speed limiter option (maybe alongside cruise control settings)? It seems like a bit of a coincidence that the car won’t exceed the national speed limit...

Presumably you can redline it at lower speeds/gears?

Ok. So it seemed to be driving grand the last few days. Even the crawling up at high speed thing I mentioned wasn't happening, so maybe the mechanic was right and it just needed a few days driving after sitting up. Now, if you tried to get up to very high speed in it then it does level off a bit, but sure most cars once they get to very high speeds kind of level off and only slowly go further up in speed unless they are a very powerful car. (I'm talking near 100mph, as I said on thread before, I don't usually do them speeds, it was just to test it out)

Considering it seems to be driving well the last few days and I sold my old car I have left the car back to the mechanic to do the other jobs (new discs and pads, wheel bearing, etc.) and hopefully I have a nice car with just usual maintenance for the next 2-3 years that will have cost around €3k in total all in (not including the money received from selling my old car).

Thanks for all the replies on the thread. Hopefully now it's sorted!

Just a further update, and hopefully the final one.

As per my previous post, I sold my old car and left this one back to the mechanic to do the other jobs.

He has done all the jobs now that he spotted and diagnosed (bar a/c switch and re-gas, which he said he can do in a few weeks in work).

Have it back a few days and it seems like a different car. It's driving great! Very happy.

Hopefully continues on like that now.

Advertisement