Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox deterrent light any experience?

Options
  • 25-07-2020 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Was looking online for a small battery electric fencer to energise a nose wire to put foxes off and came across this FoxLights Predator Deterrent on Glambias website.

Obviously not what I'm looking for but just wondered if they are in any way effective?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I have one here for a small paddock that I leave the sheep out into for a couple of days to harden them up.

It works fine but it's probably not going to work well here next spring as the numbers of foxes seem well above normal. When they run out of rabbits, they'll turn to lambs as the next best option and nothing short of shooting them is going to stop them taking a good number of lambs next spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Brilliant, I didn't expect to hear quite as good a report on them.

I'll keep an eye out in case I can pick one up for a bargain price eighty euro is a bit expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Would it be effective during the day ?

Only chicken we lost here was during broad daylight kids eating their dinner saw fox come into the garden and take the chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

_Brian wrote: »
    Would it be effective during the day ?

Only chicken we lost here was during broad daylight kids eating their dinner saw fox come into the garden and take the chicken.

No effect by day, Brian. It's just random lights and colours flashing in different directionsall night.

I forgot to turn it off after I left the ewes and lambs off this spring. I never noticed until I was bringing the cows in late one evening near dark and I couldn't figure out what the flashing lights in the yard were:o

Advertisement