Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Tennis Elbow

• 24-07-2020 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭ Walter Sobchak III

Looking for some advice. I am suffering badly from Tennis Elbow. I play 2/3 times a week. It gets so bad at times near the end of a round I can hardly grip the club. Thinking of ordering a brace online Any recommendations from fellow sufferers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭ DuckSlice

you probably need to do some mobility work and rehab. I have had it before and went to a physio.
    Worth noting that tennis elbow and golfers elbow are 2 different things. tennis is on the outside of the elbow golfers on the inside I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ ronnie3585

Go and see a physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭ Walter Sobchak III

The pain is on the outside of the elbow and Doctor Google has confirmed that it is tennis elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ frink

I went to a physio with it a few years back. He gave me a few exercises and it disappeared quickly, hasn't returned since.

I'd go to a physio before ordering any brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭ the lawman

Had it a few years back. Break down the scar tissue with golf ball or other (or just get a physio to do it). Then do the 2 below exercises as often as you need to. Haven’t had it since.

https://youtu.be/OT-1mQSE3lw

https://youtu.be/ITUcwPsM9VY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭ not yet

I can tell you a brace is a complete waste of time, had it now 6 months, ended up getting acupuncture, That coupled with stretches etc seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭ ShivasIrons

Looking for some advice. I am suffering badly from Tennis Elbow. I play 2/3 times a week. It gets so bad at times near the end of a round I can hardly grip the club. Thinking of ordering a brace online Any recommendations from fellow sufferers?

A technical in the swing could also be causing it, go to a pro that understands how this would happen, otherwise you might have to keep on going to a physio if you don't get to the root cause of the pain.

Advertisement