Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tennis Elbow

Options
  • 24-07-2020 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Looking for some advice. I am suffering badly from Tennis Elbow. I play 2/3 times a week. It gets so bad at times near the end of a round I can hardly grip the club. Thinking of ordering a brace online Any recommendations from fellow sufferers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

you probably need to do some mobility work and rehab. I have had it before and went to a physio.
    Worth noting that tennis elbow and golfers elbow are 2 different things. tennis is on the outside of the elbow golfers on the inside I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Go and see a physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

The pain is on the outside of the elbow and Doctor Google has confirmed that it is tennis elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

I went to a physio with it a few years back. He gave me a few exercises and it disappeared quickly, hasn't returned since.

I'd go to a physio before ordering any brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Had it a few years back. Break down the scar tissue with golf ball or other (or just get a physio to do it). Then do the 2 below exercises as often as you need to. Haven’t had it since.

https://youtu.be/OT-1mQSE3lw

https://youtu.be/ITUcwPsM9VY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I can tell you a brace is a complete waste of time, had it now 6 months, ended up getting acupuncture, That coupled with stretches etc seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Looking for some advice. I am suffering badly from Tennis Elbow. I play 2/3 times a week. It gets so bad at times near the end of a round I can hardly grip the club. Thinking of ordering a brace online Any recommendations from fellow sufferers?

A technical in the swing could also be causing it, go to a pro that understands how this would happen, otherwise you might have to keep on going to a physio if you don't get to the root cause of the pain.

Advertisement