Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow GC

Options
  • 19-07-2020 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Playing for first time on Tuesday. Does anyone know if they have a course guide on site?? Hate playing links first time around and not knowing what's what, where to hit, not etc. It isn't on clubnet unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Don't think they have a course guide but its in superb condition at the moment. Greens are almost perfect links greens.

My short take on it.

1. Straight ahead. Bunkers both sides of the green.
    2. Stay left of the mound. Short par 5.
    3. A lot more room left and right of the green than looks from the tee.
    4. Straight ahead. Mind the road 😳
    5. Straight ahead. Tricky green. Tough hole.
    6. Dog leg right and another tough hole.
    7. Shortish par 3 with a small stream in front.
    8. Short par 4. Straight ahead
    9. Par 3. Miss it left or right can leave a tricky uo and down.
    10. Tricky green. Can easily run off all around.
    11. Short par 3. Bunkers both sides.
    12. Tricky hole with danger left and right
    13. Par 3 over water. Big green
    14. Short par 4. Green slopes from front to back
    15. Long par 4. Pond short of green. Maybe extra club for approach.
    16. Par 5 OB right side and stream left. Green is hidden until you get to end of fairway
    17. Very difficult hole. Two big shots needed.
    18. Par 5. Watch out for the bunkers hidden over the hill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

16th will throw you, just go for left of centre with the tee shot then when you get there either lay up short of stream or if you are v long off the tee then you will have no choice but to run down to end of fairway to see the green which it tucked in a pretty high elevated position with a dog leg right.

Super course, you will enjoy

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Thanks for that. All points noted. Weather looks fantastic so really looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Wow, super little course. One of most enjoyable rounds I have played in a while. Light breeze so can understand it can play a lot harder. 31 points with 3 scratches (3 poor swings) . Il take it. Very nice par 5's especially the 16th. Greens were in superb condition, as was the whole course. Will be returning for sure

Advertisement